• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Idaho Vandals News Thread

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana State holds off Idaho in 2OT

Heard this game was a dog-fight last Thursday! Brayon Blake went 4-4 (2 in a row in closing seconds) beyond the arc and 9-10 inside. Blake was on a tear. Sanders & Sherwood fouling out really hurt them in OT. Bummer taco.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana State holds off Idaho in 2OT

Heard this game was a dog-fight last Thursday! Brayon Blake went 4-4 (2 in a row in closing seconds) beyond the arc and 9-10 inside. Blake was on a tear. Sanders & Sherwood fouling out really hurt them in OT. Bummer taco.
They just took down the sheep fuckers in Missoula in OT last night though so there's that. Sanders had a big game, hit a bunch of free throws down the stretch to seal the deal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this about the football team, pretty good praise even if it's not much of an article.

Why Idaho (Idaho!) was arguably the most pound-for-pound impressive team of 2016 - FootballScoop
By listing travel distances is the writer trying to suggest that Idaho isn't a good traveling team? lol. I think the writer would have done this article a favor by giving praise to the offense that was able to, aside from the turnovers (couple in the RZ), move the ball against UW & WSU. I was impressed even though the efforts were futile in the long run.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By listing travel distances is the writer trying to suggest that Idaho isn't a good traveling team? lol. I think the writer would have done this article a favor by giving praise to the offense that was able to, aside from the turnovers (couple in the RZ), move the ball against UW & WSU. I was impressed even though the efforts were futile in the long run.
I don't think so. And if he is, he's doing a bad job because the game against Troy was at home ( he claims it was a road game). 4-3 on the road with two loses against Pac-12 teams ain't bad. Considering Idaho probably traveled more mile this year than any team not from Hawaii it's pretty good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. And if he is, he's doing a bad job because the game against Troy was at home ( he claims it was a road game). 4-3 on the road with two loses against Pac-12 teams ain't bad. Considering Idaho probably traveled more mile this year than any team not from Hawaii it's pretty good.
Good point. Forgot the Troy game was at the Kibbie.

Side question... What are the chances that douche nozzle Staben changes his mind about the drop to FCS? I know it was pretty much a done deal, but with the petitions flying around and all the vocal support from alumni, players, staff, etc etc (not to mention horrendous publicity) I would think his stance has to be wavering a bit.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Forgot the Troy game was at the Kibbie.

Side question... What are the chances that douche nozzle Staben changes his mind about the drop to FCS? I know it was pretty much a done deal, but with the petitions flying around and all the vocal support from alumni, players, staff, etc etc (not to mention horrendous publicity) I would think his stance has to be wavering a bit.
It's going to take a lot more uproar to really change anything IMO. Staben is too arrogant to actually change his mind. He'd have to be fired and that would take a much larger amount of pressure or the faculty voting no confidence. Even if one of those scenarios were to occur I'm pretty sure the SBOE would have to approve the firing and I'm positive the majority of those dildos love the fact that Staben is setting the U of I back with this move.

Only other option is conference shuffling and Idaho gets an invite to join another league. That would be either the MWC or some renewed version of the WAC. Pretty much no chance of either one of those scenarios happening but even if Idaho somehow got an invite I'm not sure Chuck would accept. And if for some reason he accepted, the SBOE would probably order Idaho to stay in the Big Sky like they did 50 years ago when Idaho tried to join the PCAA.

Probably coming off as a bit of a downer here but I think the damage has already been done. Chucky has wanted this from the very beginning, that's why his presentation to the Sun Belt Conference looked like such shit. Knowing what we know about him now ( he believes all university sports should be club sports) there's no way he wanted Idaho in that league. His stance on FCS vs. FBS is probably the main reason the SBOE hired him.

Word on the street is they had a much more qualified candidate but the guy made some Mormon joke during the interview with the SBOE and that basically ended it. Heard they interviewed the woman who is now the President of the University of Wyoming and turned her down too. Pretty sad. There's just no way some unqualified buffoon from South Dakota was the best overall choice.

Bad leadership and answering to an out of touch SBOE for 20 years takes its tole.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to take a lot more uproar to really change anything IMO. Staben is too arrogant to actually change his mind. He'd have to be fired and that would take a much larger amount of pressure or the faculty voting no confidence. Even if one of those scenarios were to occur I'm pretty sure the SBOE would have to approve the firing and I'm positive the majority of those dildos love the fact that Staben is setting the U of I back with this move.

Only other option is conference shuffling and Idaho gets an invite to join another league. That would be either the MWC or some renewed version of the WAC. Pretty much no chance of either one of those scenarios happening but even if Idaho somehow got an invite I'm not sure Chuck would accept. And if for some reason he accepted, the SBOE would probably order Idaho to stay in the Big Sky like they did 50 years ago when Idaho tried to join the PCAA.

Probably coming off as a bit of a downer here but I think the damage has already been done. Chucky has wanted this from the very beginning, that's why his presentation to the Sun Belt Conference looked like such shit. Knowing what we know about him now ( he believes all university sports should be club sports) there's no way he wanted Idaho in that league. His stance on FCS vs. FBS is probably the main reason the SBOE hired him.

Word on the street is they had a much more qualified candidate but the guy made some Mormon joke during the interview with the SBOE and that basically ended it. Heard they interviewed the woman who is now the President of the University of Wyoming and turned her down too. Pretty sad. There's just no way some unqualified buffoon from South Dakota was the best overall choice.

Bad leadership and answering to an out of touch SBOE for 20 years takes its tole.
Thanks Cave! Knew you would have the great insight I was lookin for. I hadn't been keeping very good tabs on the situation when it was first proposed. Had too much stuff going on in my life, so I've been trying to pick up the pieces from the whole ordeal with Staben.

Saddens me to hear, but deep down I guess I already knew the outlook was grim. One can always hope. Really irritates me that they turned down better candidates for the job.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing how the Vandies do against PSU Thursday night... Fairly evenly matched opponent, but PSU has a higher scoring average & percentages. But if you look at their opponents in the last 5 games and similar matchups, the Vandals are pretty much on par with them.

e7VY4I8.png

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I ever asked you @Cave_Johnson , but did you hear about the new plans for the new Arena on campus? Thoughts?

Idaho Vandals plan new $30M arena for basketball, volleyball teams

Oh I've seen it. And right now my thoughts are that it's going to be a while. The administration was suspiciously silent about this thing before the FCS ordeal and since then donations have taken a bit of a hit as you would expect.

I've heard they have a main sponsor in Albertsons ready to go and the students are supposedly going to start paying for a portion of it with their tuition. Eventually I think something gets done but considering a lot of other potential sponsors including the Cowans (who funded a lot of the work on the Cowan Spectrum) have pulled all $ from the U of I, I think it will take longer than they've predicted (2021 I think).

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing how the Vandies do against PSU Thursday night... Fairly evenly matched opponent, but PSU has a higher scoring average & percentages. But if you look at their opponents in the last 5 games and similar matchups, the Vandals are pretty much on par with them.

e7VY4I8.png

This is the kind of game they need to win if they want a decent seed in the conference tourney. As mediocre as Idaho has been they still might be a top 3 team in this league when firing on all cylinders.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I've seen it. And right now my thoughts are that it's going to be a while. The administration was suspiciously silent about this thing before the FCS ordeal and since then donations have taken a bit of a hit as you would expect.

I've heard they have a main sponsor in Albertsons ready to go and the students are supposedly going to start paying for a portion of it with their tuition. Eventually I think something gets done but considering a lot of other potential sponsors including the Cowans (who funded a lot of the work on the Cowan Spectrum) have pulled all $ from the U of I, I think it will take longer than they've predicted (2021 I think).
I wondered about that. Seemed odd given the timing of it all. I agree that the silence was probably directly correlated to the fear of losing sponsorship! Sad it came to this, but Staben upset a lot of people so it had to be expected.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-10 beyond the arc... Wow

Next 3 games will be huge for Big Sky standings... Sucks its all road games

@Northern Colorado
@North Dakota
@E Washington

He threw down another 31 against Sac St. North Dakota, EWU, and Weber will tell us how much this team has improved. They're going to have to win 2 of those 3 for me to really think they have a shot to take the BSC Title.

Also, I believe the last two home games will be in Mem Gym due to the Jazz Fest.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw down another 31 against Sac St. North Dakota, EWU, and Weber will tell us how much this team has improved. They're going to have to win 2 of those 3 for me to really think they have a shot to take the BSC Title.

Also, I believe the last two home games will be in Mem Gym due to the Jazz Fest.
You see this Cave? Sanders is makin national headlines.
College basketball All-Week team: Big Sky standouts lead the charge

I think if Sanders keeps kickin ass and they get steady contributions from both Blake & Sherwood, then this team could be setup for a good run at the BSC Title.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see this Cave? Sanders is makin national headlines.
College basketball All-Week team: Big Sky standouts lead the charge

I think if Sanders keeps kickin ass and they get steady contributions from both Blake & Sherwood, then this team could be setup for a good run at the BSC Title.

Had not seen that article no. Kid from Eastern in there as well and I believe one of the Montana St. guards is top 5 in the country in ppg. Tournament should be fun. Well, the later rounds at least. The bottom 5 teams in the Sky are pretty awful.

Best part is Sanders is junior. I would think he'll stick around for next season. Just hope this year ends better than the last few times Idaho has had this kind of a stand out player. They finished with a losing record the year Kyle Barone won WAC player of the year and when Stephen Madison was an all-conference player the following season (probably should have won player of the year that year).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had not seen that article no. Kid from Eastern in there as well and I believe one of the Montana St. guards is top 5 in the country in ppg. Tournament should be fun. Well, the later rounds at least. The bottom 5 teams in the Sky are pretty awful.

Best part is Sanders is junior. I would think he'll stick around for next season. Just hope this year ends better than the last few times Idaho has had this kind of a stand out player. They finished with a losing record the year Kyle Barone won WAC player of the year and when Stephen Madison was an all-conference player the following season (probably should have won player of the year that year).
I agree on the tourny, really lookin forward to it. Seems like all the top half teams have great stand-out players.

Wonder what Kyle Barone's been up to these days? I used to smoke Black&Mild cigars & shotgun beers with that kid at frat parties back in college. He was hilarious. Last I heard he was in some Taiwain SBL League?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the tourny, really lookin forward to it. Seems like all the top half teams have great stand-out players.

Wonder what Kyle Barone's been up to these days? I used to smoke Black&Mild cigars & shotgun beers with that kid at frat parties back in college. He was hilarious. Last I heard he was in some Taiwain SBL League?
Wikipedia says he's in the Japanese league now. Glad to see he's still playing even if it is overseas.