• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Coaching "Search" Thread

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone say somewhere 7 years $35M for Frost? Looks like that ball is rolling. I hope it's true and we don't wake up tomorrow being told otherwise.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU's defense is currently rated #32 overall, and gives up 100+ yds(304 ypg, 10th in the nation just behind Auburn) and 10pts less(22.9 ppg, tied with Michigan St for 37th) a game than Nebraska. They have a pretty good defense, and Alex Grinch has made them immensely better in less than 3 years.
I don't think Leach is a good fit either but good info right here. Thanks. See you've been around a while but not many posts. I lurk alot too but a dozen posts in 7 years? Welcome. Join the conversation more often.

gprep93

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I lurk a LOT, lol. I don't think Leach would be a good fit here, either. WSU is my 2nd favorite team(lived in Washington for 12 years), behind Nebraska of course. I'm also a big Leach fan, and get a little tired of the "Leach's teams don't play D" comments, especially since he's made having a good D a priority the last 3 years. I'm in the Scott Frost boat. And if he says, "No", for some reason, I'd like to see Campbell as HC.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount I heard, nearly two week ago, was $5,000,000 per year, but the deal was waiting for the Ts' to be crossed and the Is' to be dotted.

That reporter's tweet coincides with the airplane going down there this past week.

I sort of figured with the way the coaching searching was going that the number could go up. Maybe Florida did not want to fork out more money. Not sure about Tennessee, Arkansas, UCLA, Texas A&M, et al that are rumored to be coach searching.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put this into context, on November 11 he tweeted he thought Riley would be fired in the next 18 hours.

Maybe Riley was, but he is finishing out the season and is still being paid.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put this into context, on November 11 he tweeted he thought Riley would be fired in the next 18 hours.

Maybe Riley was, but he is finishing out the season and is still being paid.
Are you talking about that Lars Anderson guy? With this tweet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not a breaking-news guy, but hearing a lot of heavy breathing on Nebraska coaching front: Scott Frost to NU for 7 years, $35 mil is &quot;close.&quot;</p>&mdash; Lars Anderson (@LarsAnderson71) <a href="">November 18, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From what I read in other places that guy is not about spreading rumors. So hopefully he knows what he's talking about.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone say somewhere 7 years $35M for Frost? Looks like that ball is rolling. I hope it's true and we don't wake up tomorrow being told otherwise.
I heard 7 years from a supposed Nebraska Regent, but as I said be skeptical as I heard this 2nd hand.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I herd it’s 7 free pizzas from Casey’s

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't deny there are negotiations.

:yes:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't deny there are negotiations.

:yes:

Majority of the fanbase has already drawn their conclusions from those comments that Frost is staying at UCF.

It's mindblowing to me how stupid people can be. If he was staying at UCF he would just come out and say it, there would be no reason to delay it. He's leaving.

When you're in the middle of an undefeated season and a reporter asks you about a 7 year 35 million dollar deal to go somewhere else, what in the hell are you supposed to say? "Yep! Nebraska and I have been talking and I'll be headed there! Just thought I'd wait until one of you guys asked me to announce it."

He's not staying at UCF. What in the fucks is wrong with people?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott wore #7 at Nebraska, so yeah it’s legit, you see just saying the words “Scott Frost” at a game of fooseball instantly makes you the winner

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Majority of the fanbase has already drawn their conclusions from those comments that Frost is staying at UCF.

It's mindblowing to me how stupid people can be. If he was staying at UCF he would just come out and say it, there would be no reason to delay it. He's leaving.

When you're in the middle of an undefeated season and a reporter asks you about a 7 year 35 million dollar deal to go somewhere else, what in the hell are you supposed to say? "Yep! Nebraska and I have been talking and I'll be headed there! Just thought I'd wait until one of you guys asked me to announce it."

He's not staying at UCF. What in the fucks is wrong with people?

Yep. I'm sure there are negotiations between agents and lawyers. I assume Frost is staying out of those and concentrating on his responsibilities as a coach. He doesn't have time to negotiate pay, read contracts, or even discuss what's in them for that matter. Therefore he is being honest. It's more about what he didn't say than what he did. Easy enough to say "I'm staying at UCF". But one wouldn't say that if it weren't true.

“That’s just totally false,” . “I haven’t paid any attention to all of these whirlwind rumors and everything and I’m not going to. I got an unbelievable team I’m coaching and I can promise you that no decision has been made.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How ironic, Scott Frost and UCF get the ABC national feed next Friday at 3:30 while Huskers and Iowa are relegated to FS1. Husker brand not marketable as much as before, thanks SE

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mora was fired today, so UCLA is on the hunt.