• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G Thread 2017-2018

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note the Buckeyes should have 1 loss at this point if they hadn't choked away the Butler and Clemson games. It looks like they could be 10-3 heading into the game against UNC.

Wesson is an impressive Freshman, great low post game already, and showed some nice ability from deep hitting that 3. Nice corner stone for Holtmann to build around.

They are just inconsistent. The lack of ball handlers really shows when any sort of defensive pressure is put on. Lot's of unforced turnovers and too many stretches of just overall sloppy play. WHat you'd expect from a limited roster like this though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but teams that go 24-12 (10-8) with an Round of 32 appearance, that return everyone, tend to get better, not worse. I think them being a borderline Top 25 team to start the year was the correct call. Losing by 36 points to TTU and losing to Georgia Tech are pretty eye opening losses. They've also had competitive games with teams they should be blowing out. Its weird.

I would agree, in theory, they should get better. But it's not as if these players are elite out of high school. Maybe they've reached their potential in individual development? You're right it is weird that they have taken the next step forward. Maybe there's been a letdown this season because they achieved making the tournament last year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just inconsistent. The lack of ball handlers really shows when any sort of defensive pressure is put on. Lot's of unforced turnovers and too many stretches of just overall sloppy play. WHat you'd expect from a limited roster like this though.

They are playing better than I thought they would. Being in position to win games against Butler and Clemson is an encouraging thing IMO. Blowing out Wisconsin is also encouraging, which nobody would have predicted at the beginning of the year. I actually think there's a good chance the Buckeyes finish 4th/5th in the league.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are playing better than I thought they would. Being in position to win games against Butler and Clemson is an encouraging thing IMO. Blowing out Wisconsin is also encouraging, which nobody would have predicted at the beginning of the year. I actually think there's a good chance the Buckeyes finish 4th/5th in the league.

They are about 2 decent bench players away from being seriously competitive. It's the 2nd half (Butler & Clemson) when they run out of gas and get raced because the legs just run out of juice.

.500 in conference would be a big W, after last years 7-11 finish and considering the roster this year.

With the schedule it's possible. The only B1G teams I don't think we have a shot to beat are Sparty and Minnesota, everyone else is pretty mediocre tops.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are about 2 decent bench players away from being seriously competitive. It's the 2nd half (Butler & Clemson) when they run out of gas and get raced because the legs just run out of juice.

.500 in conference would be a big W, after last years 7-11 finish and considering the roster this year.

With the schedule it's possible. The only B1G teams I don't think we have a shot to beat are Sparty and Minnesota, everyone else is pretty mediocre tops.

Right now Ohio State is projected to finish 20-11(11-7) which would probably have them at 4th in the conference. And that would put them squarely on the bubble this year. If they play like they did against Wisconsin, I think that type of record is well within reach, if not even a couple games better. I didn't have a lot of expectation for Ohio State, but they have really impressed me this year. It seems that Holtmann knows how to utilize Bates-Diop, who I've always thought was Ohio State's most talented player the last couple seasons. Also playing Tate at point looks like a GREAT adjustment.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Ohio State is projected to finish 20-11(11-7) which would probably have them at 4th in the conference. And that would put them squarely on the bubble this year. If they play like they did against Wisconsin, I think that type of record is well within reach, if not even a couple games better. I didn't have a lot of expectation for Ohio State, but they have really impressed me this year. It seems that Holtmann knows how to utilize Bates-Diop, who I've always thought was Ohio State's most talented player the last couple seasons. Also playing Tate at point looks like a GREAT adjustment.

The effort is definitely a lot better than it was last year and the year before. Not sure about 11-7 in conference. I'm sure they'll probably slip up and lose a game or two they probably shouldnt in conference play.

Bates-Diop is by far our best player. Problem is when he goes cold there's been a lot of inconsistency with other players stepping up. If they are going to be a bubble team with a chance to make the dance the other guys are going to have to find more consistency.

The Clemson and Butler losses sucked. But i'll consider non conference a victory if they can get out of the remaining games without a real awful loss. The past 2 years they had 1 to Florida Atlantic and 1 to Texas-Arlington.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent slate of Big Ten games tonight

Michigan/Ohio State on FS1, Wisconsin/Penn State on ESPN2 and Indiana/Iowa on B10 Channel.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent slate of Big Ten games tonight

Michigan/Ohio State on FS1, Wisconsin/Penn State on ESPN2 and Indiana/Iowa on B10 Channel.

When do you think the last time Wisconsin was an underdog to Penn State, let alone them being the underdog by 5.5 points?

As will be the case with pretty much every game not involving Michigan State, I have no clue who will win these 3 games,

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The effort is definitely a lot better than it was last year and the year before. Not sure about 11-7 in conference. I'm sure they'll probably slip up and lose a game or two they probably shouldnt in conference play.

Bates-Diop is by far our best player. Problem is when he goes cold there's been a lot of inconsistency with other players stepping up. If they are going to be a bubble team with a chance to make the dance the other guys are going to have to find more consistency.

The Clemson and Butler losses sucked. But i'll consider non conference a victory if they can get out of the remaining games without a real awful loss. The past 2 years they had 1 to Florida Atlantic and 1 to Texas-Arlington.

I think they'll be 10-3 heading into the game against UNC(which would include beating Michigan tonight)

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do you think the last time Wisconsin was an underdog to Penn State, let alone them being the underdog by 5.5 points?

As will be the case with pretty much every game not involving Michigan State, I have no clue who will win these 3 games,

Would assume it would have been the early stages of the Bo Ryan era. If not then, probably when Dick Bennett was the coach.

Wisconsin lost a lot from last year, and all 5 of their losses have been to decent teams. They need to start picking up some w's though, and tonight is a great opportunity for them.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Wisconsin game was a classic blue balling. Can't do anything right against this Michigan team.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually i'm starting to think that Wisconsin might just suck.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan doing a number on Ohio State

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The inconsistency of this team is the most maddening part. They will look competent for a bit and then just hit almost unwatchable stretches that resemble a low level MAC team. It was expected this year but still maddening.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is coming back. Down by 1 with 14:26 left in the second half. Great comeback.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Dakich might be the worst part about Big Ten basketball. Even worse than their showing in the ACC-Big Ten challenge.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is gutless and no heart. JB needs to be fired. Bunch of soft faggots on the team.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win by the Buckeyes. They are better than I expected.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State/Wisconsin has turned into a good one.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bad loss for Penn State last night. If they have reservations of making the tournament, they need to win games like that one. I don't think Wisconsin is an awful team(my guess is they end up in the NIT), but you gotta win games like that, especially at home.

Iowa appears to be the worst team in the B1G(now watch them go out and beat ISU on the road).

Ohio State looks like they could be that team that finishes 4th in the league. Holtmann is really good.