• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida at Wisconsin should be really good.

no chit...#10 @ #20.
Donavan's been around long enough to know that if you don't play "Bo Ball" better than Bo you're probably not going to win.

MSU vs UK @ 7:30p on ESPN
FLA @ WIS @ 9:00p on ESPN2
DUKE vs KANSAS @ 9:30p on ESPN

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my very early thoughts:

I think Purdue will basically be what they were last year.

Like most people I think Michigan State will the class of the Big Ten. I wonder who will play down low with Adriean Payne?

Iowa will be top 3, that's my bold pick. I love what they have back, and how deep they are.

Nebraska will be a much improved basketball team.

Wisconsin will be very good with Gasser and Dekker leading the way, but throughout B1G play we'll get killed on the boards.

Minnesota will go through some growing pains with baby Pitino, will be an average at best team

Michigan, I love GR and McGary, and I think they'll a very good basketball team

I feel like I consistently underrate Thad Matta and I'm not really sure why, but once again Ohio State will be very, very good.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my very early thoughts:

I think Purdue will basically be what they were last year.

Like most people I think Michigan State will the class of the Big Ten. I wonder who will play down low with Adriean Payne?

Iowa will be top 3, that's my bold pick. I love what they have back, and how deep they are.

Nebraska will be a much improved basketball team.

Wisconsin will be very good with Gasser and Dekker leading the way, but throughout B1G play we'll get killed on the boards.

Minnesota will go through some growing pains with baby Pitino, will be an average at best team

Michigan, I love GR and McGary, and I think they'll a very good basketball team

I feel like I consistently underrate Thad Matta and I'm not really sure why, but once again Ohio State will be very, very good.

Ive got Iowa 4th behind MSU, OSU and Michigan BUT if this team manages to get any outside shooting going they could have a legit opportunity to win the B10. I dont see them shooting it consistently enough to make it happen though.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
banging...

This is the way I see the B1G right now. Barring catastrophic injuries, the Conference will contribute 7-8 teams to the Madness.

01. MICHIGAN STATE (green Depends® will be a best seller throughout Spartan Nation this season)
02. MICHIGAN (only IF McGoofy plays, which seems doubtful...w/o him? drop UM to #4 behind OSU)
03. WISCONSIN (Gasser's comeback is great story...luck vs Florida tomorrow)
04. OHIO STATE (Craft and the Blue Collars, coming to an arena near you)
05. IOWA (Fran's kids are tough, experienced and hungry...believe it, they're going to eat!)
06. INDIANA (Most teams would love to be rebuilding with what Crean's got)
07. ILLINOIS (I hope Alexander goes Illini, having spurned Sparty...still better than him going Jayhawk)
08. NEBRASKA (plenty to prove, but they might just have the guns to make the Madness)
09. MINNESOTA
09. NORTHWESTERN
09. PENN STATE
09. PURDUE

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Cant disagree with that at this point. It'll be interesting to see how all the new faces gel, but right now we just don't have anyone who can consistently knock down a three, and it's going to be scary to head through league play without that.

Hope Sparty kicks the shit outta that bitchass Cal so he complains more about how unfair the situation for him was. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparty is going to legit lay the smack down on UK tonight. I say MSU by 19. You watch....

LongHairedTimmeh

Bancroft Hall, USNA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the way I see the B1G right now. Barring catastrophic injuries, the Conference will contribute 7-8 teams to the Madness.

01. MICHIGAN STATE (green Depends® will be a best seller throughout Spartan Nation this season)
02. MICHIGAN (only IF McGoofy plays, which seems doubtful...w/o him? drop UM to #4 behind OSU)
03. WISCONSIN (Gasser's comeback is great story...luck vs Florida tomorrow)
04. OHIO STATE (Craft and the Blue Collars, coming to an arena near you)
05. IOWA (Fran's kids are tough, experienced and hungry...believe it, they're going to eat!)
06. INDIANA (Most teams would love to be rebuilding with what Crean's got)
07. ILLINOIS (I hope Alexander goes Illini, having spurned Sparty...still better than him going Jayhawk)
08. NEBRASKA (plenty to prove, but they might just have the guns to make the Madness)
09. MINNESOTA
09. NORTHWESTERN
09. PENN STATE
09. PURDUE

But at the end of the day, IU will still have Crean. Therein lies the problem.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at the end of the day, IU will still have Crean. Therein lies the problem.

The guy rebuilt our program from the ground up and is pulling in top recruiting classes, not sure he's a problem.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy rebuilt our program from the ground up and is pulling in top recruiting classes, not sure he's a problem.

MSU will be facing the same rebuilding trauma next season (We'll lose Harris, Payne, Appling and Dawson)...and Izzy's 2014 recruiting has pretty much sucked - so far. Crean has his faults, but it's hard to hate on a successful Izzo protégé...ya know?

LongHairedTimmeh

Bancroft Hall, USNA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If his sole function was to recruit, I'd say he's doing well. The problem is that's not his only function. I don't care what anyone says, last year was a decent year with the conference title but wasn't a great year. And if you look at his teams, historically they fade at the end of the year. Last season was no different, they limped to the finish save one fortuitous roll of the ball in Ann Arbor.

LongHairedTimmeh

Bancroft Hall, USNA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crean has his faults, but it's hard to hate on a successful Izzo protégé...ya know?

So if not for that, you'd hate away? Crean recruited pretty well for Izzo, too. Fortunately for Izzo, he didn't depend on him to be a tactician/strategist/game manager. All things that Crean is, at best, average...but realistically less than that.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if not for that, you'd hate away? Crean recruited pretty well for Izzo, too. Fortunately for Izzo, he didn't depend on him to be a tactician/strategist/game manager. All things that Crean is, at best, average...but realistically less than that.

No, I wouldn't...was speaking figuratively ('hating' is something only incompetents -and, it appears, some Hoosier fans- engage in.)

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to the IU-LIU game, wish it wasn't at the same time as some other great games but what can ya do?

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just patted down all the students and made us empty out pockets...when did campus police become the TSA? :L

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IU shooting 25% from the field, 1-13 from 3pt land.

LongHairedTimmeh

Bancroft Hall, USNA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I wouldn't...was speaking figuratively ('hating' is something only incompetents -and, it appears, some Hoosier fans- engage in.)

Since is was you that first used the word (figuratively or otherwise), you're the incompetent it would seem...unless you're a closet Hoosier fan.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana looks bad so far.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-16 from behind the 3pt line at half. At least we can't shoot any worse.

LongHairedTimmeh

Bancroft Hall, USNA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-16 from behind the 3pt line at half. At least we can't shoot any worse.

Could you yell down from the balcony and tell 'em to lay off the threes: last three halves 2-24 from behind the arc. Crean may not know that stat.