• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Assistant Coaches Coming and Going Thread

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so sounds like RB didn't get an interview from MR. alot of folks over on other forums thinks that's a tragedy.

MR got to see the guy coach in the practices leading up to the bowl game, he must have felt it wasn't the right fit and decided to move on. I don't personally have a problem with it.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasons? He ran right back to Bo straight away. That's why

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only what CT says which is huge,, He openly is supportive of Bo Pelini, not because he was such a good example to these kids, not because he is such a great coach but in his own words "because he allowed him to present the gospel".

That is how I feel now but putting myself in Riley's shoes, if you look at the whole package and don't know how RB operates he is divisive.

His aggressive evangelism would draw a resounding "no" from most hiring managers, not because they disagree with what he says but more how he presents it. They would fear the ongoing interventions that would be likely with him as an employee.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also mentioned that the ability to speak nationwide for FCA was one of the conditions for going to YSU. Perhaps Riley wasn't a fan of one of his coaches leaving their job on a consistent basis to fly around the country.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my honest opinion, I just don't think Ron Brown was ever on Riley's radar. I think Riley had a vision of what kind of coaches he wanted an would fit his style, and Ron Brown didn't fit the bill.

Nebraska fans have such a hard time understanding that what we think and/or want doesn't mean jack shit because we all have this idea in our heads that this picture perfect staff should be here running things.....and that's not realistic in this life time or any other.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my honest opinion, I just don't think Ron Brown was ever on Riley's radar. I think Riley had a vision of what kind of coaches he wanted an would fit his style, and Ron Brown didn't fit the bill.

Nebraska fans have such a hard time understanding that what we think and/or want doesn't mean jack shit because we all have this idea in our heads that this picture perfect staff should be here running things.....and that's not realistic in this life time or any other.

I got no problem with it. When he called and asked I just told him to do what he thought was best.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rumors about who will replace Warren?

I wonder if Riley's old DB coach might make the most sense but Riley will avoid him because of all the sky is falling Nebraska Beaver criers.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, anyone who has successfully coached at the college level?

Please?!

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, anyone who has successfully coached at the college level?

Please?!

Assistant positions like DBs coach are the perfect place to bring in people who don't have experience. It's when you're putting those people in coordinator positions that it tends to be an issue. I'd be good with Dawkins...he certainly knows the position group.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with him. Just trying to make some noise. Anything but them damned crickets.

I'd think Perry would be a natural though. Should plug right in and close the revolving door in that position. Is he in consideration?