• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Arkansas St vs Nebraska Game Thread

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pressure all day. I'll take the win. It was a good one but we have some teams ahead of us that will put pressure on him.

I'm not going to dig up your post that my response is more geared to but regarding the pressure and qb performance.....

I don't disagree with you, but there are not many qb's that play well when they have big time pressure. Almost all good qb's are helped immensely by having good protection and time to work. To classify them as "folding" under pressure carries a connotation that it is somehow an inherent flaw in their mental make up and skills as a qb.....

Of course getting hit every time is going to fuck with your head.....that's the whole point of putting pressure on the qb.....

I'm just saying you can't disregard what he does when he has good protection and time to see the field and only look at when he had no protection and sucked....

Nobody thinks Peyton Manning is a shitty qb because the Blackshirts made him their bitch in January 98.....

....and no, I'm not saying Martinez is Peyton Manning.....:lol:

Just saying, I think Taylor looks much better this year and I don't blame him for having a sucky second half last week when a DL got to him before the snap did......

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to dig up your post that my response is more geared to but regarding the pressure and qb performance.....

I don't disagree with you, but there are not many qb's that play well when they have big time pressure. Almost all good qb's are helped immensely by having good protection and time to work. To classify them as "folding" under pressure carries a connotation that it is somehow an inherent flaw in their mental make up and skills as a qb.....

Of course getting hit every time is going to fuck with your head.....that's the whole point of putting pressure on the qb.....

I'm just saying you can't disregard what he does when he has good protection and time to see the field and only look at when he had no protection and sucked....

Nobody thinks Peyton Manning is a shitty qb because the Blackshirts made him their bitch in January 98.....

....and no, I'm not saying Martinez is Peyton Manning.....:lol:

Just saying, I think Taylor looks much better this year and I don't blame him for having a sucky second half last week when a DL got to him before the snap did......
^^^^THis Reps

But when you are talking about what this team will do this year you have to consider the team as a whole. What we have seen to this point is that we do well against mediocre teams and melt down against top tier teams.

Got to run but just fyi tenn tech 7 ore 7

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^THis Reps

But when you are talking about what this team will do this year you have to consider the team as a whole. What we have seen to this point is that we do well against mediocre teams and melt down against top tier teams.

Definitely!

And I'm in agreement with you in the concern of how much protection the line will give Taylor once conference play starts....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^THis Reps

21-7 Ore

Oregon can press the gas pedal at will against these types of teams..

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon would smoke Nebraska