• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Think he was benched for talking to Rice. Who taunts RIce?

As an aside, the worst part of that game was that Rice band did not show up. I was really lookign forward to seeing what they would have done.

I think the person who taunts Rice is the same person being taunted by Rice.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHy is this a huge thread. Obviously Manziel was an ass. Sumlin benched him. If Sumlin thought he needed to be disciplined, why are people defending the action. He screwed up.. Move on.
There'd be no thread if the crooked NCAA followed their own rule$.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you had your panties all in a wad when Mike Davis did this

[YOUTUBE]Mike Davis taunting penalty - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Did you want him to be suspended from the team? Did you make calls for Mack to get his players under control and have some disipline on the team?

Or when Kirkendoll did this

[YOUTUBE]Texas Tech vs UT 2010 (Bad Call) - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Notice the officals must have been longhorns in that game......it was only wrong when the other guy does it. If a longhorn does it, its ok.

What a failure. NONE of your vids even worked. And even if they did, they'd still be irrelevant.

You just can't get TEXAS off your brain. This thread is about JFF, not Texas, so WHY do you keep bringing them up?

BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT. You can't defend JFF, so you resort to pointing fingers elsewhere.

Here's your final clue: Texas does not have a returning Heisman winner on the field making an assclown of himself. There is NO comparison you can make to Texas in this regard, none. JFF is not a Longhorn.

SMH......now go ahead and try to deflect about Texas again and FAIL, as usual.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not suggesting that was the only time Brady ever talked trash are you ? Because I've seen him do it several times. The point is there are plenty or very successful QBs who have and do talk trash and respond to trash talk with trash talk of their own. Brady & Favre are 2 prominent examples off the top of my head. People are making a big deal over nothing here.

And those are pros doing it. I stand by what I've said. I don't like Sherman trash talking for the Seahawks AT ALL. I think it adds extra motivation to the other team and makes the whole team look bad. Others like it and make arguments for it. So be it, some like asshat behavior and others do not. I don't like it on my teams at any level and I don't like it in college either. Remember these are student athletes at an amateur level, not paid stars. This kid clearly acts like a spoiled superstar IMO and I find no place for that EVER.

I won't bother responding to the other guy as he clearly doesn't get it and no amount of words will clue him in. Blind homers exist. Do I like anyone taunting this kid or any other player? No. Why is it so hard to understand that two wrongs don't make a right? There is no defense here for 'but he started it first!'. Should a ref throw a flag for taunting if a defender is caught doing something to him? Duh. AND I'VE SAID SO. This notion that I'm excusing anyone else is absurd and defies even basic reading skills.

No one should taunt AND no one should respond to it. It isn't hypocrisy to say you will never stop it. I'm not saying it is then acceptable. Responding to it is as bad, if not worse not only because it is two wrongs don't make a right, but you are just feeding into the hands of the person doing the taunting. They WANT him to respond. They want to get into his head and CLEARLY did. Is there no one a fan of this who can admit it wasn't the smartest thing for him to do? Or are they all blinded and think he walks on water?

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a failure. NONE of your vids even worked. And even if they did, they'd still be irrelevant.

You just can't get TEXAS off your brain. This thread is about JFF, not Texas, so WHY do you keep bringing them up?

BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT. You can't defend JFF, so you resort to pointing fingers elsewhere.

Here's your final clue: Texas does not have a returning Heisman winner on the field making an assclown of himself. There is NO comparison you can make to Texas in this regard, none. JFF is not a Longhorn.

SMH......now go ahead and try to deflect about Texas again and FAIL, as usual.

Sorry about the links. I'm posting from my phone with less than ideal signal strength.

Maybe you should go back and read some of my post. There is nothing for me to defend Manziel for. He responded to trash talk and told the Rice player to look at the scoreboard. If every fan of every team had to defend players for that, we wouldn't be talking about anything else.Just because you and the talking heads at ESPN are making a mountian out of a mole hill doesn't mean there should now be senate hearings on Manziels behavior.

For the record, I wasn't pointing fingers at Texas, I was calling you out for your hypocrisy.

And you are correct Texas doesn't have a returninHe is man. You won't have to worry about that for quite some time.an

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about the links. I'm posting from my phone with less than ideal signal strength.

Maybe you should go back and read some of my post. There is nothing for me to defend Manziel for. He responded to trash talk and told the Rice player to look at the scoreboard. If every fan of every team had to defend players for that, we wouldn't be talking about anything else.Just because you and the talking heads at ESPN are making a mountian out of a mole hill doesn't mean there should now be senate hearings on Manziels behavior.

For the record, I wasn't pointing fingers at Texas, I was calling you out for your hypocrisy.

And you are correct Texas doesn't have a returninHe is man. You won't have to worry about that for quite some time.an

You aren't calling me out on anything, because I'm talking on the subject at hand. You keep bringing up Texas that has zero to do with JFF. It's called DEFLECTION, and it's a lame attempt.

For the record, I LIKE JFF. He's a great competitor and athlete, and he's fun to watch. But your starting Heisman QB should be ABOVE jawing with players from RICE.

It's a big deal because he is the Heisman QB, and he just got investigated by the NCAA. If you can't be humble in this situation, you never will be. It smacks of defiance, and it also tells future opponents they can get in his head with a little smack talk.

It amazes me you clowns can't see this.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis Dodd fears for Manziel's safety

www.cbssports.com/collegefootb...-heisman-winner

DENNIS DODDSenior College Football Columnist

Manziel's behavior makes game even more dangerous for Heisman winner

September 2, 2013 12 pm ET

TSI)I now fear for Johnny Manziel. I fear for his safety on the field because his attitude and conduct are overshadowing his magnificent talents.I fear that some amped-up defender -- targeting rule or not -- is going to take his (cheap) shot. You know, try to level Texas A&M's mouthy Heisman winner with a completely inappropriate and career-threatening blow. It has happened before. The NFL said the New Orleans Saints were once advocating that type of conduct. We would be stupid to think something similar doesn't go on at some level in college.Disclaimer: That type of conduct is absolutely abhorrent and should not be advocated, but you never know.

That's why I fear for Johnny Manziel.There it is on Page 7 of the latest NCAA football rulebook: "Every participant in the collegiate football scene shares a responsibility for ethical conduct that enhances the future of this American tradition."We've seen both brilliance and crap from Johnny Football. The word "ethical" has rarely been attached to it. If he can't keep from getting into it with those renegades from Rice, how is he going to comport himself at Arkansas, at Ole Miss. Those are games after Alabama."Can you imagine Tom Brady or Roger Staubach doing something like that?" veteran NFL talent evaluator Gil Brandt said after watching Manziel get yanked from Saturday's game by A&M coach Kevin Sumlin.Opponents have to see a mental hole now in Johnny Football's shining armor. The same guy who didn't see anything wrong with walking into the belly of the beast at a Texas frat party can't keep himself from jawing with Owls.They call it getting into a guy's "kitchen," his head -- rattling him mentally so that his game suffers athletically. Or worse."I'm sure they will [try]," Brandt said of future opponents.

I fear for Manziel because -- until now -- he had an amazing ability to compartmentalize his life. Once he got on the field, it didn't matter if Uncle Nate was Captain Kangaroo. Off the field he may have been having a ball but on Saturdays he was ballin.' I'm not so sure now.Worse, I see a loophole in the rules meant to protect him.

A small one, perhaps, but still an opening. New this year is an automatic ejection for a violation of Rules 9-1-3 and 9-1-4. The rules themselves are four years old: No leading with crown of the helmet and no targeting of a defenseless player. It's the ejection for such conduct that is new.That's where I see Manziel and those like him as somewhat vulnerable.From that NCAA rulebook, here are the definitions of a "defenseless" player:

A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
A receiver attempting to catch a pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
• A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.
• A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick
.• A player on the ground.
A player obviously out of the play.•

A player who receives a blindside block.
A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.• A quarterback any time after a change of possession [i.e., interception].

Nowhere in those descriptions is there anything about a running quarterback. You already know that scrambling might be what Manziel does best. But by rule, as a runner, he wouldn't be "defenseless," one of the deterrents that is supposed to cut down on cheap shots.

"The difference being, if he [the ball carrier] gets hit in the head or neck area he's prepared for the hit," said one supervisor of officials who spoke before A&M's game and was not talking specifically about Manziel. "He knows he's going to be hit. The semantics of it is, he's not defenseless."Wait, what? So it's actually less likely that a defender would be ejected for targeting a scrambling quarterback like Manziel than, say, a receiver going up for a pass? Sort of. Any official can call a flagrant foul and kick an offending player out of the game for any heinous act.However, "practically speaking a ball carrier can't be a defenseless player," said Big 12 supervisor of officials Walt Anderson, "not if he's just running in stride."To be clear: It's a personal foul if some guy wants to take a shot at Manziel as he scrambles around, but not necessarily an ejection.Worth it?

"Defenseless," said one supervisor, "is a bad word."You can already see the tension building on the field in regards to Manziel. To paraphrase that offending former Saints defensive coordinator, affect the head and the body withers. I fear someone, somewhere is going to try.A bunch of us in the press box Thursday screamed foul when a South Carolina punt returner was nailed with a helmet-to-helmet hit by a North Carolina player as the returner went to the ground.

Definitely a penalty, definitely not an ejection it turns out. The returner was a ball carrier and was not "defenseless." (Officials missed the play anyway.)Through Sunday, five players had been kicked out due to the adjusted targeting rule. The list includes Manziel's teammate, A&M corner Deshazor Everett, who was ejected for hitting a Rice receiver. Last year, according to NCAA numbers, approximately 100 players in 800 games were ejected for targeting -- or one every eight games.

So there is hope that things are getting better, that an unhealthy culture is changing. To equal that rate, a total of nine players would have to be ejected in the 70-plus games that will be completed in Week 1 by Monday night.Five ejections. That's it for now. Maybe that culture is changing. Maybe Johnny Football has nothing to worry about. But it's scary to think it only takes one brain-dead knucklehead to target Manziel's helmet-encased brain.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel's behavior makes game even more dangerous for Heisman winner
Basically what we have been saying. It wasn't right to taunt him, but it wasn't SMART to return it. That's what we are saying.

Can't believe I find myself on the same side as Dodd on something. :L

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude can ball.

Dude is a douchebag.

Did I miss anything?

Big Bow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal with Manziel...what's his real upside?

I know he won the Heisman, but the Heisman isn't a barometer for success at the next level. Last years Heisman race, as has been the case for the past few years, didn't feature anyone who most thought would be a sure-fire can't miss in the NFL (Andrew Luck) being the exception. To me, Michael Vick was more elusive and more of a team player without all the distractions in college. I just don't think Manziel translates well at the next level and maybe that's why he's pulling the stunts he's pulling, trying to milk this thing for all he can while he can.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's an NFL quarterback. Too small for one.

Big Bow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel acts as though he's going to be able to keep up his style of play at the next level, Mke Vick found out that it's not as easy as he thought and he didn't have the attitude Manziel has.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be a good NFL quarterback if/once he matures. He won't have the same pressures in the NFL because he won't be the poster child there like he is in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Nick Fairley. Unlimited potential, head is all over the place. He needs a solid coaching staff and a team he can grow up with. The talent is there. He's at least as talented as RG3. If the Raiders, Jets, Browns or Jags take him, he's probably fucked. If a team with a solid foundation drafts him, or he gets lucky and gets taken by a team like Denver where he can sit a year or two, he'll be fine I think. The talent is there. The maturity is not. But dude is 20 and king of the world. Those are some mighty big shoes to be walking in each day.

Big Bow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow went into the NFL with better credentials than Manziel would ever be able to garner and a more humble demeanor, someone should point that out to Manziel because he obviously seems to be overlooking that.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too small, not very accuate, doesnt have NFL-type arm strength. That alone will hinder him in next yrs draft. Then you account for his attitude and off field issues.........I predict he is at best a 6th to 7th round guy if he is drafted at all.