• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Recruiting Thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Do we have to list every criminal and orange jump suit wearing Sooner? Cause it's not close here. You guys take players AFTER they've been arrested

Just saying, stop acting like your precious whorns are pure as the driven snow. You’ve got your share of knuckleheads.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, stop acting like your precious whorns are pure as the driven snow. You’ve got your share of knuckleheads.

Yeah but we didn't recruit them AFTER they had already been arrested

There's quite a difference

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but we didn't recruit them AFTER they had already been arrested

There's quite a difference

Who are you referring to in the last 5-7 years besides Westbrook and DGB? Westbrook was never convicted because his baby mama couldn’t be bothered to show up. You know as well as I do that if the cops get called out for a situation like the the man is most likely going to leave in hand cuffs no matter what. At the end of the day, neither you or I know what really went down. All we know is he had no convictions at the time OU recruited him.

Now DGB... that’s a different story. One of the more disappointing choices bob made imo while he was in Norman. Kid kept his nose clean and had no issues while in Norman, but I wouldn’t have even brought him in to begin with.

Your “they’ll take anybody” line is hyperbolic BS, and you know it. Oklahoma backs off kids for character issues every cycle.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you referring to in the last 5-7 years besides Westbrook and DGB? Westbrook was never convicted because his baby mama couldn’t be bothered to show up. You know as well as I do that if the cops get called out for a situation like the the man is most likely going to leave in hand cuffs no matter what. At the end of the day, neither you or I know what really went down. All we know is he had no convictions at the time OU recruited him.

Now DGB... that’s a different story. One of the more disappointing choices bob made imo while he was in Norman. Kid kept his nose clean and had no issues while in Norman, but I wouldn’t have even brought him in to begin with.

Your “they’ll take anybody” line is hyperbolic BS, and you know it. Oklahoma backs off kids for character issues every cycle.

Chaisson? You didn't back off him after he kidnapped a girl with a screwdriver.

Metoyer had character issues you guys overlooked as well. You have a history of continuing to play guys like Mixon even after they get in trouble.

OU has been one of the leaders in the NATION in football players being arrested since Stoops took the job. Don't act like this is new. You guys are in your OWN category that you created.

EVERYONE has trouble players. But OU does it at a HIGH level.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chaisson? You didn't back off him after he kidnapped a girl with a screwdriver.

Metoyer had character issues you guys overlooked as well. You have a history of continuing to play guys like Mixon even after they get in trouble.

OU has been one of the leaders in the NATION in football players being arrested since Stoops took the job. Don't act like this is new. You guys are in your OWN category that you created.

EVERYONE has trouble players. But OU does it at a HIGH level.

I’m not getting into a Mixon debate with you. He sat out a year. Nobody gives a fuck if you think it’s satisfactory. Meanwhile some dumb shit kid at Mississippi state did something even more egregious and sat out one game and not one of you hypocrites said a word about it. So forgive me for not buying into your high horse bull shit.

Chaisson was nearly 10 years ago. We didn’t take Chaisson so your argument is null there. Thanks for playing.

Was Metoyer arrested prior to his on campus incident? Following which he was immediately removed. Granted he had character issues but again, stop acting like your program is and always has been filled with choir boys. Once again, stop with the hyperbole bull shit.

And to top it all off, your argument was that we take kids after they’ve been arrested. Don’t change the argument now just so you can keep trying to take shots. Neither Metoyer nor Chaisson fit your initial argument. Nice try on moving those goal posts though.

Last edited:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not getting into a Mixon debate with you. He sat out a year. Nobody gives a fuck if you think it’s satisfactory. Meanwhile some dumb shit kid at Mississippi state did something even more egregious and sat out one game and not one of you hypocrites said a word about it. So forgive me for not buying into your high horse bull shit.

Chaisson was nearly 10 years ago. We didn’t take Chaisson so your argument is null there. Thanks for playing.

Was Metoyer arrested prior to his on campus incident? Following which he was immediately removed. Granted he had character issues but again, stop acting like your program is and always has been filled with choir boys. Once again, stop with the hyperbole bull shit.

And to top it all off, your argument was that we take kids after they’ve been arrested. Don’t change the argument now just so you can keep trying to take shots. Neither Metoyer nor Chaisson fit your initial argument. Nice try on moving those goal posts though.

:stephena:

OK sport........doesn't change the FACT OU has damn near led the nation in player arrests for decades. You guys do it at a ALL TIME LEVEL.

There is no comparison.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M got a good one. 4 star Demani Richardson. I wanted at LB. Has the frame and athleticism to be good there

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Coast football recruiting scoop from Under Armour LA camp

MISSION VIEJO, CALIF. — Some of the best athletes on the West Coast gathered Sunday to compete in the Under Armour All-America Camp’s L.A. tour stop for a chance to go to the Under Armour All-America Game.

Here is what I learned via observations and interviews.

Heard: Washington coming on strong
It was no surprise that among the elite players, USC is still far and away the top choice. It has been that way for almost their entire lives. But with Chip Kelly taking over at UCLA, I thought I would hear more about the Bruins. Instead, I heard Washington, Washington, and more Washington. Chris Petersen and his staff are slowly building something special in Seattle. I had Washington as one of my four favorite classes in 2018, and that could continue for 2019. We’ll see how UCLA and Oregon do as their new staffs get more footing.

4007g6675.gif

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this... Tell 'em Jalen!

Jags' Ramsey calls out A&M assistant for tweet

article said:
Aggies tight end coach Tim Brewster on Monday night tweeted what appears to be a recruiting poster featuring all of the former defensive backs who played under head coach Jimbo Fisher at Florida State and are now playing in the NFL. The poster also includes their total career earnings.

Ramsey, who played under Fisher at FSU from 2013 to '15, is included in the poster. He responded to Brewster's tweet by saying: "He didn't teach me not one DB technique."

Lack of proper use of the English language aside... LOL!!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this... Tell 'em Jalen!

Jags' Ramsey calls out A&M assistant for tweet

Lack of proper use of the English language aside... LOL!!!

Aggy is the gift that keeps giving. LOL at aggys tweeting at Ramsey that he doesn't know who his own coaches were.

The cult of aggy is something to behold. Wait till Jimbo gets his first win.......OMG their sites are going to damn near explode

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Nebraska get back to being Nebraska.... college football is better when Nebraska is good....hopefully Scott Frost will have the Cornhuskers consistently ranked in the top 15 for recruiting classes, with an occasional dip into the top 10.
I don't mind Nebraska getting it together, just not on Washington's dime ... as in kids UW is making offers to.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M got a good one. 4 star Demani Richardson. I wanted at LB. Has the frame and athleticism to be good there

I don't think they can hold on to him. He's a SOOOOOFT commit, and he'll take multiple visits. He's the kid that will put any program on the roller coaster. His word isn't safe until he actually faxes in his LOI

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they can hold on to him. He's a SOOOOOFT commit, and he'll take multiple visits. He's the kid that will put any program on the roller coaster. His word isn't safe until he actually faxes in his LOI

Just got a new commit T'vondre Sweat. 3 star DE at the moment.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner QB commit Spencer Rattler wins State Basketball Title.

NORMAN, Okla. — 2019 OU quarterback commit Spencer Rattler is now a State Champion in basketball, as his Pinnacle High School squad claimed the Arizona 6A Boys State Basketball Championship Wednesday night at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Ariz.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner QB commit Spencer Rattler wins State Basketball Title.

NORMAN, Okla. — 2019 OU quarterback commit Spencer Rattler is now a State Champion in basketball, as his Pinnacle High School squad claimed the Arizona 6A Boys State Basketball Championship Wednesday night at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Ariz.

He wore red shoes and OU socks, in the game. #1 pro style QB and a good BB player.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* OT Ryan Jacoby from Mentor, OH commits today to Ohio State. Definitely a great sign as we're also pushing hard for his teammate, 4* DE Noah Potter.