• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaccaro has already been benched in favor of Vonn Bell, and it sounds like he's on his way out of New Orleans after this year.

I thought he was falling out of favor in NO, but wasn't sure if he was still starting or not. So it looks like in the last decade of drafts(2008-2017) Texas only has one secondary starter in the NFL? Yeah, that's not good. Hell ND's got more in that time frame, and we've sucked on defense for the most part the last decade.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was falling out of favor in NO, but wasn't sure if he was still starting or not. So it looks like in the last decade of drafts(2008-2017) Texas only has one secondary starter in the NFL? Yeah, that's not good. Hell ND's got more in that time frame, and we've sucked on defense for the most part the last decade.
I thought Quandre Diggs might be starting but he's 3rd string in Detroit right now. Yes, though, they have 1 starter and he was drafted 7 years ago.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Michigan certainly needs some good news.

Also.......CBs coming in for Cook to Texas
Dude we've had elite recruiting classes the last two years and will probably have one in 2019. Of course I want a better one this year but there is still a long way to NSD.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9_4682327.png

Mustapha Muhammad, Ridge Point, Tight End

No surprise.... as mentioned in post #1490 on the previous page of this thread, 4-star TE Mustapha Muhammad out of Texas announced his commitment on Friday... and it's to Michigan.

Michigan lands ESPN 300 TE M. Muhammad

Muhammad said he actually silently committed to Michigan back in March. His father likes that southeast Michigan boasts the largest Muslim population in the U.S., and that there are lots of mosques in the area.

Mustapha Muhammad commits to Michigan Wolverines

From the above linked 247 article: Muhammad said Michigan checked all the boxes...

Muhammad listed those boxes:
  • Business School
  • TE Usage in Offense
  • NFL Pipeline
  • Large Muslim Population
  • Post grad connections/network
  • Great dining hall
  • Jordan Uniforms

The last box is amusing.....Michigan's Jordan brand uniforms....hehe:

Tunnel-Shot.jpg

:harbs3:

Last edited:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9_4682327.png

Mustapha Muhammad, Ridge Point, Tight End

No surprise.... as mentioned in post #1490 on the previous page of this thread, 4-star TE Mustapha Muhammad out of Texas announced his commitment on Friday... and it's to Michigan.

Michigan lands ESPN 300 TE M. Muhammad

Muhammad said he actually silently committed to Michigan back in March. His father likes that southeast Michigan boasts the largest Muslim population in the U.S., and that there are lots of mosques in the area.

Mustapha Muhammad commits to Michigan Wolverines

From the above linked 247 article: Muhammad said Michigan checked all the boxes...

Muhammad listed those boxes:
  • Business School
  • TE Usage in Offense
  • NFL Pipeline
  • Large Muslim Population
  • Post grad connections/network
  • Great dining hall
  • Jordan Uniforms

The last box is amusing.....Michigan's Jordan brand uniforms....hehe:

Tunnel-Shot.jpg

:harbs3:
It is very comfortable for Muslims in Southeastern Michigan. I guess he'll be practicing his faith at a Mosque in Dearborn in no time.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Camfantasy I was just looking at the VT site here and remembered VT_football_fan. You have any idea who he is or where he posts now? Dude used to bring the recruiting heat.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Camfantasy I was just looking at the VT site here and remembered VT_football_fan. You have any idea who he is or where he posts now? Dude used to bring the recruiting heat.

hell naw....i've wondered the same thing recently. I wonder if he has a different handle over on 24/7 or somewhere similar. me or you one should DM 46 soon on the twatter and see if he knows and tell him to get his high falutin ass back here

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very comfortable for Muslims in Southeastern Michigan. I guess he'll be practicing his faith at a Mosque in Dearborn in no time.

Easily the best TE in the state of Texas, a very good get for you guys

And like I said, you NEED the good news

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge recruiting weekend for Oklahoma.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge recruiting weekend for Oklahoma.

Aren't most of these guys committed or expected to commit soon?

Micah Parsons, Harrisburg, Weak-Side Defensive End

5-star WDE Micah Parsons' visit to Oklahoma this weekend has got to be a real head-scratcher and eye-opener for the supposed two favorites to land him, Penn State and Ohio State.

It seems really weird that Parsons will not be in attendance in Columbus for the biggest game of the year in the B1G, especially since again, those are the two schools which are supposedly the favorites to land him!

Parsons decommitted from Penn State last April, but apparently has recently been viewed as leaning back towards the Nittany Lions.

Here's an article regarding Micah Parsons' recruitment posted today:
Micah Parsons' complicated recruitment, and where Ohio State stands: Is Penn State the favorite again?

Hmmm?

Edit: Note that Parsons took an official visit to Ohio State on September 9th (Oklahoma vs OSU game). He doesn't need to burn an official visit to Penn State since he lives so close to the school and has visited Happy Valley unofficially numerous times.

Last edited:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen...long way to go to NSD and many dominoes will fall, get back up again, twirl around only to fall once more.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah Parsons, Harrisburg, Weak-Side Defensive End

5-star WDE Micah Parsons' visit to Oklahoma this weekend has got to be a real head-scratcher and eye-opener for the supposed two favorites to land him, Penn State and Ohio State.

It seems really weird that Parsons will not be in attendance in Columbus for the biggest game of the year in the B1G, especially since again, those are the two schools which are supposedly the favorites to land him!

Parsons decommitted from Penn State last April, but apparently has recently been viewed as leaning back towards the Nittany Lions.

Here's an article regarding Micah Parsons' recruitment posted today:
Micah Parsons' complicated recruitment, and where Ohio State stands: Is Penn State the favorite again?

Hmmm?

Edit: Note that Parsons took an official visit to Ohio State on September 9th (Oklahoma vs OSU game). He doesn't need to burn an official visit to Penn State since he lives so close to the school and has visited Happy Valley unofficially numerous times.
This kid is a prima donna. I'm not a fan, I don't care how much of a freak athlete he is.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word has it Ron Tatum is going to OV to Texas.......not sure what I think of this if it happens

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word has it Ron Tatum is going to OV to Texas.......not sure what I think of this if it happens

Dad is back in the picture and is trying to drive this. Guy sounds like a real piece of work. And I'm not saying that because it's Texas.