• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Ok, I gotcha. Yeah I only look at Twitter secondary to cross check things, and even then you gotta know what's real and what isn't.
Yeah I missed a word not fond of iPhone keypads.You use a very similar process to the one I use. Factual reports i.e. Attendance records. Some really good sources. And twitter as a loose gauge. That's why I didn't get writing it off as twitter. In the end time will tell tho

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing it's not all twitter gossip. SC always releases the recruits attending games. The attendance catalogs are fact. Where tweets come in is it's hard to not view that as strange. Given the context of Woodbeys tweet. Combined with facts. He needs time but has been on campus and at games? Add Steele in the mix. Im not saying it's going to happen but I definitely can't say something isn't there
The dude lives 40 minutes from campus, of course he's catching games there. We've had so many kids attend OSU games that never end up coming here, I've lost count. That doesn't really mean much. It's just ridiculous that a 17 or 18 year old sends out a cryptic tweet and everyone thinks they're a recruiting analyst. Like I said, if you guys wanna take the bait, go for it. I'm going to go for the concrete stuff the kids have said about being 100% committed.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude lives 40 minutes from campus, of course he's catching games there. We've had so many kids attend OSU games that never end up coming here, I've lost count. That doesn't really mean much. It's just ridiculous that a 17 or 18 year old sends out a cryptic tweet and everyone thinks they're a recruiting analyst. Like I said, if you guys wanna take the bait, go for it. I'm going to go for the concrete stuff the kids have said about being 100% committed.
The sources I use are not on twitter.And they are on campus.They've always been spot on breaking the Tui flip a month in advance.Who was also a 100% commit and early enrolleThere's good reason I follow their information.You don't have to You can think what you want but there is no 100% until they sign :dhd:

Well, it is in the air that safety Jaiden Woodbey is reconsidering some things.

According to him, he is taking a step back to think about recruiting, and take care of some things during his final semester in high school because he will be an early enrollee into college.

Now if he were a done deal to OSU, there'd be no need to think about recruiting.

So it could be nothing, or it could be everything, because Bradford and SC have not given up.

This could go either way.But either way its going to be fun to see what develops over the next few weeks

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sources I use are not on twitter.And they are on campus.They've always been spot on breaking the Tui flip a month in advance.Who was also a 100% commit and early enrolleThere's good reason I follow their information.You don't have to You can think what you want but there is no 100% until they sign :dhd:

Well, it is in the air that safety Jaiden Woodbey is reconsidering some things.

According to him, he is taking a step back to think about recruiting, and take care of some things during his final semester in high school because he will be an early enrollee into college.

Now if he were a done deal to OSU, there'd be no need to think about recruiting.

So it could be nothing, or it could be everything, because Bradford and SC have not given up.

This could go either way.But either way its going to be fun to see what develops over the next few weeks
Who? And what else have your "sources" been spot on about?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well more than one and everything to date.We'll see if they're on again in time.The recruiting thread isn't going anywhere
So they've flat out said he's flipping this week to USC, huh?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they've flat out said he's flipping this week to USC, huh?
You'll most likely know after he is done weighing his options.And back on twitter.But you said it best yourself.He lives 40 minutes from campus.Where all the outlets I've used for years are located.........

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll most likely know after he is done weighing his options.And back on twitter.But you said it best yourself.He lives 40 minutes from campus.Where all the outlets I've used for years are located.........
...........ok.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star TE Mustapha Muhammad out of Texas is announcing his decision this Friday.

Top target set to make college commitment

His final five are: Michigan, LSU, Clemson, UCLA, and Texas.... for the past several months he has been considered a strong Michigan lean.

Mustapha Muhammad, Ridge Point, Tight End

Strange that Muhammad only used one of his official visits (to UCLA)...... he was at the Michigan-Florida game in Arlington, TX, and took a few unofficial visits to Michigan, but I wonder why he is not using any of his 4 remaining official visits?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star TE Mustapha Muhammad out of Texas is announcing his decision this Friday.

Top target set to make college commitment

His final five are: Michigan, LSU, Clemson, UCLA, and Texas.... for the past several months he has been considered a strong Michigan lean.

Mustapha Muhammad, Ridge Point, Tight End

Strange that Muhammad only used one of his official visits (to UCLA)...... he was at the Michigan-Florida game in Arlington, TX, and took a few unofficial visits to Michigan, but I wonder why he is not using any of his 4 remaining official visits?
All insiders says he's blue.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Michigan certainly needs some good news.

Also.......CBs coming in for Cook to Texas
Yep, I saw 3 CBs from Texas beatwriters. Shocking they think he's headed to the Horns. Most of the top experts and national experts pick OSU.

I'll be honest, it's disappointing he went back on his plans to leave the state and join an elite program like he said he wanted to. If staying with his friends is more important than playing for a program where you're guaranteed success, so be it. I guess we'll see if that's what he wants in a couple weeks.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I saw 3 CBs from Texas beatwriters. Shocking they think he's headed to the Horns. Most of the top experts and national experts pick OSU.

I'll be honest, it's disappointing he went back on his plans to leave the state and join an elite program like he said he wanted to. If staying with his friends is more important than playing for a program where you're guaranteed success, so be it. I guess we'll see if that's what he wants in a couple weeks.

I've told you this before......most of the texas beat writers don't switch CBs for nothing. They typically know something, they aren't just picking him to Texas for shits and giggles.

And it's laughable you think he can't have success at Texas. Texas puts just as many DBs in the league as tOSU. You just don't want to believe it's hard for kids to leave the state of a blue blood program when they most likely grew up cheering for that program.

Is tOSU a better team right now? Of course. Are they a better program overall? Only a homer like you would say so. Obviously those kids feel differently.

And thing is, I'd still be slightly shocked if he chose Texas......but not because tOSU wants him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've told you this before......most of the texas beat writers don't switch CBs for nothing. They typically know something, they aren't just picking him to Texas for shits and giggles.

And it's laughable you think he can't have success at Texas. Texas puts just as many DBs in the league as tOSU. You just don't want to believe it's hard for kids to leave the state of a blue blood program when they most likely grew up cheering for that program.

Is tOSU a better team right now? Of course. Are they a better program overall? Only a homer like you would say so. Obviously those kids feel differently.

And thing is, I'd still be slightly shocked if he chose Texas......but not because tOSU wants him.
This is what you don't get - it's not the mid-2000's anymore and Mack Brown and his staff are long gone. You guys have put 3 DBs into the NFL in the last 5 years, and only one was drafted before the 5th round. We put 3 DBs into the first round of the 2017 draft alone. There's no debate as to which program is better equipped to put them into the NFL if you're not being a Texas homer. OSU is a better team and a better program. Other than the name and the money, Texas isn't close to being on our level. Again, if he'd rather stay and play with his friends than basically guarantee himself first round money, the choice is his. I hope in the end he makes the smart move and comes to OSU, but if not, no big deal. DB is not a spot we're hurting.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you don't get - it's not the mid-2000's anymore and Mack Brown and his staff are long gone. You guys have put 3 DBs into the NFL in the last 5 years, and only one was drafted before the 5th round. We put 3 DBs into the first round of the 2017 draft alone. There's no debate as to which program is better equipped to put them into the NFL if you're not being a Texas homer. OSU is a better team and a better program. Other than the name and the money, Texas isn't close to being on our level. Again, if he'd rather stay and play with his friends than basically guarantee himself first round money, the choice is his. I hope in the end he makes the smart move and comes to OSU, but if not, no big deal. DB is not a spot we're hurting.

LOL at this.

Maybe you should look at starting DBs in the NFL right now and where they went to college.

Texas isn't lacking in that department and never was. You put 3 in last year, congrats. That doesn't make your program superior, it makes the three you had great last season.

A quality player is going to get his at any P5 blue blood program. NO your program isn't better......its' just different.

The ONLY program I'd say is better than any other is Bama.

Regardless of where he goes, if he's a legit 5 star, he'll get his money.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at this.

Maybe you should look at starting DBs in the NFL right now and where they went to college.

Texas isn't lacking in that department and never was. You put 3 in last year, congrats. That doesn't make your program superior, it makes the three you had great last season.

A quality player is going to get his at any P5 blue blood program. NO your program isn't better......its' just different.

Does Texas even have anybody starting in the secondary outside of Thomas and Vaccaro? I honestly can't think of any.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at this.

Sweet Jesus, you still don't get it. Colleges don't put out stud players; coaching staffs do. You haven't done it in ages. It's not just last year.

Since Urban has come to OSU, the ONLY school that is on our level is Alabama. I see you haven't paid attention since you only mention Bama even though they've only put 7 defensive backs (five 1st or 2nd round) in the last 5 years, while OSU has put 8 (six in the 1st or second round) in the last 5 years. Texas has put 3 overall, with 1 in the first or second.

Old Texas players put in the NFL don't matter. Just like I can't go back to the 90s or 2000s, they're irrelevant. Different coaches, different results. There's NOTHING at UT right now that would suggest they're in position to do what Bama and OSU do with developing defensive backs. I don't know how you still can't understand it, but tell yourself whatever you need to. Fact is, every discernible piece of evidence would say he will not only have more success at OSU but will get drafted earlier and be better.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Texas even have anybody starting in the secondary outside of Thomas and Vaccaro? I honestly can't think of any.
Vaccaro has already been benched in favor of Vonn Bell, and it sounds like he's on his way out of New Orleans after this year.