• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many players are offered the number 55 at SC. Thats a very high honor.I'm hoping that keeps him with Sc. Watching his Hudl highlights. Geoteote is one in a rare breed that deserves that honor. I won't just compare anyone to Seau thats rare. He's a complete beast tho.They look a lot alike on tape.

SC is still in the hunt for the 2nd highest ranked LB Tuliaupupu.I know they are pursuing top WR Jalen Hall as well as Amon-Ra. BrownST .And CB Isaac Stuart-Taylor I believe he was on campus recently as well as OT Sewell.They do have an Inside track on Marcus Johnson with his brother signing this year. But they seem to be trying to snag as many LB's as possible.They do have other positions I would also like to see filled for the future.

I liked the Woodbey(Joe Bosco) and Garrett 9Bishop) verbals OSU received already. It seems like SC and OSU are hitting Bishop Gormon pretty hard. Which is great. Bishop is one of the toughest competition levels in high school football.

Have you seen Mater Dei QB JT Daniels yet. I have no clue where he's going he won't be committing until 2019.But he should be atop a lot of wish lists. I think he's going to shatter a lot of records. He's looking like the real deal
Is 55 the high honor because of Junior Seau? I know you guys have a long list of successful LBs, that's for sure. I haven't seen Daniels yet, actually. I'll have to look into him.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is 55 the high honor because of Junior Seau? I know you guys have a long list of successful LBs, that's for sure. I haven't seen Daniels yet, actually. I'll have to look into him.
It's actually a USC tradition and a tribute to Seau throughout the years.It's a number that isn't just given out.Its awarded to the player they believe is the best LB on the team. Seau,McGinest,Claiborne,Rivers.... It's considered a very high honor at SC.And has a history of success associated with it.

55-FB-Audi.jpg

The Lineage of Number 55 at USC | 300lbsofsportsknowledge

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* RB Jaelen Gill, #30 overall prospect per 247, set to announce this coming Wednesday at 2:45PM EST. Considered a heavy OSU lean, and just had a visit this week. If he commits, this will give OSU 2 of the top 7 RBs in the 2018 class.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* RB Jaelen Gill, #30 overall prospect per 247, set to announce this coming Wednesday at 2:45PM EST. Considered a heavy OSU lean, and just had a visit this week. If he commits, this will give OSU 2 of the top 7 RBs in the 2018 class.

Would be very very shocking if he picked anyone that's not Ohio State

He's more of the Curtis Samuel type than a true RB, we will still pick up another true RB in this class.

Tavion Thomas from Dayton Dunbar, who is only a 3* right now but is about to blow up receiving offers from Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia and Michigan. Looks like the guy. His film looks great, best combo of power/speed from a in state RB since Beanie Wells, IMO.

Tavion Thomas, Dunbar, Running Back

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be very very shocking if he picked anyone that's not Ohio State

He's more of the Curtis Samuel type than a true RB, we will still pick up another true RB in this class.

Tavion Thomas from Dayton Dunbar, who is only a 3* right now but is about to blow up receiving offers from Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia and Michigan. Looks like the guy. His film looks great, best combo of power/speed from a in state RB since Beanie Wells, IMO.

Tavion Thomas, Dunbar, Running Back
I love Tavion Thomas. He just won MVP at the Best of the Midwest (I think that's what it was called). He's definitely a horse and will be a Buckeye. Assuming he stays healthy his senior year, he'll be no less than a mid-range 4*, if not high end. He is an absolute stud, and also a great kid from what I hear.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Tavion Thomas. He just won MVP at the Best of the Midwest (I think that's what it was called). He's definitely a horse and will be a Buckeye. Assuming he stays healthy his senior year, he'll be no less than a mid-range 4*, if not high end. He is an absolute stud, and also a great kid from what I hear.

Yea, I hope they don't pass on him for some reason. Don't think they will at this point.

I kind of hope they can find a way to squeeze another Samuel type like Gill into this class though.

Maurice Washington III from California really is high on Ohio State, and he looks electric on film

Maurice Washington, Oak Grove, Running Back

We definitely need a good amount of OL and DE in this class though. We only took 3 OL (and 1 who looks like a OT and he may have been a bit of a reach) and 1 DE in this past class. So i'd expect at least 4 OL and 3 DEs in this class.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I hope they don't pass on him for some reason. Don't think they will at this point.

I kind of hope they can find a way to squeeze another Samuel type like Gill into this class though.

Maurice Washington III from California really is high on Ohio State, and he looks electric on film

Maurice Washington, Oak Grove, Running Back

We definitely need a good amount of OL and DE in this class though. We only took 3 OL (and 1 who looks like a OT and he may have been a bit of a reach) and 1 DE in this past class. So i'd expect at least 4 OL and 3 DEs in this class.
They already officially offered him, about 2 weeks ago I think. Not sure if it's committable, but I know they're high on him.

I haven't seen much about Washington, I'll have to check him out.

I'm seeing that they expect to lose Holmes, Lewis and Hubbard, so they'll take at least 3 DE. I think Micah Parsons ends up flipping to us, and Tyreke Smith will wind up here as well. Greg Emerson is possible but unlikely, I think he's a Vol unfortunately. I'm sure they'll come up with a 3rd somewhere between now and next February. Jackson Carman and Taron Vincent have to be the top 2 priorities in this class, speaking of the OL and DL. Both are heavily favored to OSU as well. Matthew Jones from Erasmus Hall is also very likely going to be part of this DT class, which will be huge.

Looking at what will likely be yet another top 2 class nationally.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already officially offered him, about 2 weeks ago I think. Not sure if it's committable, but I know they're high on him.

I haven't seen much about Washington, I'll have to check him out.

I'm seeing that they expect to lose Holmes, Lewis and Hubbard, so they'll take at least 3 DE. I think Micah Parsons ends up flipping to us, and Tyreke Smith will wind up here as well. Greg Emerson is possible but unlikely, I think he's a Vol unfortunately. I'm sure they'll come up with a 3rd somewhere between now and next February. Jackson Carman and Taron Vincent have to be the top 2 priorities in this class, speaking of the OL and DL. Both are heavily favored to OSU as well. Matthew Jones from Erasmus Hall is also very likely going to be part of this DT class, which will be huge.

Looking at what will likely be yet another top 2 class nationally.

I agree on Parsons, Emerson seems like wishful thinking at this point.

Tyreke Smith is almost certainly ending up here.

Xavier Peters is another possibility in Ohio on the DE front, though he is more of a OLB/DE type

Xavier Peters, Lakota West, Outside Linebacker no ranking yet but offered by Penn State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Virginia Tech and Louisville.

Carman is the most important recruit in this class IMO, it would take a major change in the wind for us to lose him.

The other OL spots are up for grabs, lots of possibilities, I'd look for 3 guys they see as future OTs though

You can probably pencil in Fredrick Scruggs as the lone non OT olinemen in this class

Fredrick Scruggs, Cathedral Prep, Offensive Guard

DT is pretty important, it would be nice to have a true power horse DT.

Vincent is going to be a battle with Florida State, we are the favorite right now but FSU has a tendency to pull out these battles for elite Dlinemen in the end.

I think we have a great shot at Matthew Jones, Clemson and Penn State will be in play here though so it is not a given.

Aeneas Hawkins will probably be in as a DT as well, he's another underrated in state guy, only a 3* right now but I expect him to rise as he gains more exposure

Aeneas Hawkins, Archbishop Moeller, Defensive Tackle

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star Justin Watkins, the #1 rated athlete, flips to Texas

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this isn't news, but I had to post this. Man I can't wait til this kid becomes a Buckeye:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 star OL Chasey Hines reopens his recruitment

Which is interesting, because he was not committed to anywhere prior to this announcement

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* TE Luke Ford to Arkansas.

If we had as many 4*s stacked up at other positions besides TE then we might be pretty good lol

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this isn't news, but I had to post this. Man I can't wait til this kid becomes a Buckeye:

WTF? Are you hoping OSU signs a girl or signs someone who feels the need to threaten a girl?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma should be getting a commit from TJ Pledgerthis weekend, and hopefully opens the door to img for us.