• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Cook hasn't openly stated it, but I think he's an OSU LOCK

He might be the best DB in the nation, not just Texas. That kid is LEGIT. But the DB class in the state of Texas is DEEP this year, the deepest I've ever seen it. There are kids in the top 20 in the state that will start and produce......it's that many quality kids this year
Well look at that, for once we actually agree on something.

Have my fingers crossed for Cook. He looks elite. While we're likely to miss on Foster, I did see that Overshown has us as a finalist, and holy shit he's a big boy for a safety - 6'4", 200.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look at that, for once we actually agree on something.

Have my fingers crossed for Cook. He looks elite. While we're likely to miss on Foster, I did see that Overshown has us as a finalist, and holy shit he's a big boy for a safety - 6'4", 200.

I told you a WHILE ago Cook was likely an OSU lock, but Foster was NOT. You couldn't handle that. Yeah, you can forget about Overshown as well, he's considered a silent commit to Texas

Herman is going to take likely Jalen Green, Foster, Overshown, D'Shawn Jamison and Caden Sterns, with a outside shot at Leon O'Neal

Just watch Cook's film.......very few kids his age are that advanced. He's not very fast, but his technique, footwork......that kid is the real deal

He's going to be GREAT for you guys.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you a WHILE ago Cook was likely an OSU lock, but Foster was NOT. You couldn't handle that. Yeah, you can forget about Overshown as well, he's considered a silent commit to Texas

Herman is going to take likely Jalen Green, Foster, Overshown, D'Shawn Jamison and Caden Sterns, with a outside shot at Leon O'Neal

Just watch Cook's film.......very few kids his age are that advanced. He's not very fast, but his technique, footwork......that kid is the real deal

He's going to be GREAT for you guys.
Couldn't handle it? Give me a break. You're the one that went off the deep end. The prospect of OSU being in on Foster was just simply unfathomable despite the evidence on my side. I never once said he was a lock to OSU, I said we were very much in it. It seems like things have cooled on both fronts, so it is what it is. You wear your Texas homer hat unabashedly, and anyone who disagrees with you simply doesn't know what they're talking about. It's a long, long way until NSD. We'll see what happens.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at your revisionist history.

I posted that Foster was a heavy Texas lean, so much so that many thought he was a silent commit. Most analysts think he will be the next commit to announce for Texas in the class. I told that to ANOTHER poster.

YOU jumped in saying he was an OSU kid.......and I corrected you.

So YES, clearly it bothered you that a Texas kid was actually considering Texas over tOSU.......that's on you man, own it

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at your revisionist history.

I posted that Foster was a heavy Texas lean, so much so that many thought he was a silent commit. Most analysts think he will be the next commit to announce for Texas in the class. I told that to ANOTHER poster.

YOU jumped in saying he was an OSU kid.......and I corrected you.

So YES, clearly it bothered you that a Texas kid was actually considering Texas over tOSU.......that's on you man, own it
Never once did I say he was going to OSU. I said he personally called us his favorites, meaning we were still in the race. I'll still say we are if we decide to prioritize him and go back after him hard. You never corrected me at all. You finally found some recent evidence that he no longer considers OSU his leader and I acknowledged it.

It doesn't bother me at all if he goes to Texas. As I said, when you're an elite program like OSU, it doesn't matter. It's just going to keep eating you up that OSU stole your lunch last year and will still continue to take elite prospects from your state. Maybe in 5 years or so, you guys can start coming close to our level in that regard.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is up with ALABAMA recruiting??

They will likely finish with an awesome class....but it is unusual to see them ranked outside the top 25 at any time.

They only have two total commits and are ranked #61 in May

Once again, I think they end up with their usual top 10 or top 5 class.....but odd nonetheless to see them at a low point anywhere in the process. They are usually great early, great middle, and great late in recruiting.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers just lost a top 20 QB for the 2018 class because he talked with Georgia even though he already committed to UW. On twitter the QB said that he informed Georgia that he had no interest in them and was 100% committed to the Badgers.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers just lost a top 20 QB for the 2018 class because he talked with Georgia even though he already committed to UW. On twitter the QB said that he informed Georgia that he had no interest in them and was 100% committed to the Badgers.

Last week, AlaskaGuy created a thread about this on the regular college football section:

Wisconsin butthurt

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty weak reason for Wisconsin to drop him. Might mean they were looking for an excuse to free up the scholarship. My guess is there were other reasons to let him go.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty weak reason for Wisconsin to drop him. Might mean they were looking for an excuse to free up the scholarship. My guess is there were other reasons to let him go.

They were looking for an excuse. If they really wanted him, they wouldn't have dropped his schollie.

My guess is there's a top rated QB somewhere they think they can land. Either way, this is a bad look for the Badgers

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at my May 13th post from AlaskaGuy's Wisconsin butthurt thread. I'll include it below.

Last week (May 5), Wisconsin got a commit from QB Chase Wolf out of Cincinnati, OH, and the Badgers probably didn't want to keep both QB commits in this class, so perhaps they dumped Ben Bryant out of La Grange, Illinois because they like the new recruit Chase Wolf better. The Georgia Tweet story is probably just a lame excuse.

Shitty thing to do to a commit... but... Ben Bryant has plenty of time to find another P5 school. He should take a visit down to Athens, GA to see if he would like to attend school there.

They were looking for an excuse. If they really wanted him, they wouldn't have dropped his schollie.

My guess is there's a top rated QB somewhere they think they can land. Either way, this is a bad look for the Badgers

That probably explains it.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 Star ATH Mario Goodrich is N

Offer list includes: Michigan, Oklahoma, Missouri (obviously), and Ole Piss.

Puts Nebraska at #6 in the nation in recruiting per 247

DAjGjAHXYAAoXM_.jpg

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two 5 stars are silent commits. Will announce at AA game. Things can always change. It's waaaaay early. I think we may be looking at a top 15 class guaranteed. Best case: top 10 or maybe a notch or two higher.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two 5 stars are silent commits. Will announce at AA game. Things can always change. It's waaaaay early. I think we may be looking at a top 15 class guaranteed. Best case: top 10 or maybe a notch or two higher.

Texas is in the same boat.

We have potentially 4 5 stars in this class that are expected to commit.
Several other high 4 stars that my get bumped up to 5 star.

This could be a top 3 or 5 class if it comes together. Texas currently has the least amount of commits and is at 10 or 11 in the rankings right now......and that's with a KICKER in the class bringing down the average.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is in the same boat.

We have potentially 4 5 stars in this class that are expected to commit.
Several other high 4 stars that my get bumped up to 5 star.

This could be a top 3 or 5 class if it comes together. Texas currently has the least amount of commits and is at 10 or 11 in the rankings right now......and that's with a KICKER in the class bringing down the average.

Was waiting for the day Nebraska actually got a jump on Texas in recruiting this early in the cycle. We usually have like 2 commits this time of year and it picks up during the season and goes straight down to the wire.

This staff, unlike the last one, realized the spring game is an insanely good recruiting tool. We're not where we're at without the mass amount of spring game visits, because it's pretty close to a gameday environment. Gameday is one of, if not THE best recruiting tool Nebraska has. They also find out that Lincoln is an actual bustling city with big buildings and a very large population.

When they come in, they expect the stadium to be in the middle of a corn field and they get massive culture shock.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was waiting for the day Nebraska actually got a jump on Texas in recruiting this early in the cycle. We usually have like 2 commits this time of year and it picks up during the season and goes straight down to the wire.

This staff, unlike the last one, realized the spring game is an insanely good recruiting tool. We're not where we're at without the mass amount of spring game visits, because it's pretty close to a gameday environment. Gameday is one of, if not THE best recruiting tool Nebraska has. They also find out that Lincoln is an actual bustling city with big buildings and a very large population.

When they come in, they expect the stadium to be in the middle of a corn field and they get massive culture shock.

Things in Texas are just different this year.

There is a sense of pride among the recruits to actually stay instate.......more so than I've seen in a long time. These kids WANT to win in Texas.......they aren't simply jumping to whatever hot team is out there right now.

Texas, despite having the worst 3 year run in school history, is favored to land 6 of the top 7 kids instate and probably more than half of the top 20. I can't remember things ever going this well on the trail even when we were rolling every year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State has upwards of 8 silent 5 star commits.