• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Gant set to announce this afternoon. Considered an OSU lean but ND is very much in on him. Gant is universally rated as a 4/5* prospect at OLB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be stunned if ND winded up w/him.
I would be too, but I'll be damned if I'm going to feel comfortable with these kids coming from Catholic high schools when ND is in the picture. He's getting tons of OSU predictions, but from everything I've read about his ND trip, he really liked what he saw.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be too, but I'll be damned if I'm going to feel comfortable with these kids coming from Catholic high schools when ND is in the picture. He's getting tons of OSU predictions, but from everything I've read about his ND trip, he really liked what he saw.

Yeah, ND has had success recruiting the Catholic schools in Ohio. He could theoretically receive playing time earlier since our defense sucks balls every year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ND has had success recruiting the Catholic schools in Ohio. He could theoretically receive playing time earlier since our defense sucks balls every year.
We're pretty loaded at LB which is what's making me consider ND as a real shot. That said, they've likely tried selling him on the Ryan Shazier/Darron Lee/Jerome Baker mold of smaller, faster LBs becoming studs and early draft picks at OSU.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Gant set to announce this afternoon. Considered an OSU lean but ND is very much in on him. Gant is universally rated as a 4/5* prospect at OLB.
Damn. You beat me to the punch @Across The Field. Gant sounds to be a lock for the Buckeyes. This class is shaping up possibly better than our '17 class. Urbs just warming up.

FWIW TOSU has 100% of the crystal ball. Bill Kurelic will be in Toledo for Gant's announcement.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Gant a Buckeye!! With this.. I'll end this segment with a BIG ....
giphy.gif

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how to post Twitter pages but......

Cody Daniel‏ @CodyDanielSBN
Asked 5-star safety BJ Foster if we're (media) right in believing that Texas is the heavy favorite right now: "Yes sir." #HookEm

OOOOOPs........but I mean Ohio State has quotes from last year

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asked 5-star safety BJ Foster if we're (media) right in believing that Texas is the heavy favorite right now: "Yes sir." #HookEm

Well look who finally decided to back up his opinions with facts, like a man.

Good for him. My guess is OSU has backed off with the Woodbey and Proctor commitments. We have other needs aside from defensive back, where we have an embarrassment of riches arguably unrivaled by anyone in college football.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my god! Shut the fuck up about it already! There's like 9 fucking months till signing day.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god! Shut the fuck up about it already! There's like 9 fucking months till signing day.
LOL, if you want an entertaining read, go back to last year's recruiting thread and see how badly this dude implodes when I point out how Texas kids are going elsewhere. He loses his fucking shit.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look who finally decided to back up his opinions with facts, like a man.

Good for him. My guess is OSU has backed off with the Woodbey and Proctor commitments. We have other needs aside from defensive back, where we have an embarrassment of riches arguably unrivaled by anyone in college football.

Always moving the goalposts.

Can't stand the thought that a Texas kid might actually prefer Texas.......whatever helps you sleep at night. But you do know Ohio State is still working to get him on campus for a visit, right?

So in reality you haven't backed off, you're just getting outworked by Herman. But I'm sure you'll find another excuse.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always moving the goalposts.

Can't stand the thought that a Texas kid might actually prefer Texas.......whatever helps you sleep at night. But you do know Ohio State is still working to get him on campus for a visit, right?

So in reality you haven't backed off, you're just getting outworked by Herman. But I'm sure you'll find another excuse.
He's a 5* recruit with a high interest in OSU. Gee, why would they try and get him on campus for a visit? He's one of dozens, dumbass. You do also know he himself has said he plans on going to OSU for a visit, right? How can you be this dense about how recruiting works?

In reality, I haven't heard a peep from any of the OSU beatwriters about this kid since the Woodbey commitment. He's an elite prospect, but we don't need him. If we change course and go after him hard, you'll know. The nice thing about being an elite program is that losing this kid means nothing to us. For Texas, it would be devastating. But keep pumping yourself up about Texas, just like you did last year when they lost all their top talent like I said they would.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State never had much of a chance with Foster.

Anthony Cook is a different story though, speaking of high rated Texas DBs. Ohio State may be the favorite right now and are in a great spot for him. Long way to go though

Anthony Cook, Lamar, Cornerback

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long way to go boys.

But I am excited that Herman seems to be gaining momentum. We can check back in 2-3 years and see if we're competing with the big boys again.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long way to go boys.

But I am excited that Herman seems to be gaining momentum. We can check back in 2-3 years and see if we're competing with the big boys again.
Spot on. I hope you guys are. I want our 2022/2023 matchups to be top 5 matchups again.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State never had much of a chance with Foster.

Anthony Cook is a different story though, speaking of high rated Texas DBs. Ohio State may be the favorite right now and are in a great spot for him. Long way to go though

Anthony Cook, Lamar, Cornerback

Yeah, Cook hasn't openly stated it, but I think he's an OSU LOCK

He might be the best DB in the nation, not just Texas. That kid is LEGIT. But the DB class in the state of Texas is DEEP this year, the deepest I've ever seen it. There are kids in the top 20 in the state that will start and produce......it's that many quality kids this year