• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Recruiting Thread

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anyone call him a project. He's still not yet at his peak, and it's being said as a compliment not a criticism. He was arguably the best coverage safety in all of college football last year, and his ball skills and instincts are elite. It's not like he's just a freak athlete who was thrown out there at safety, like Jabrill Peppers. He's an elite DB prospect who was All-American last year and still hasn't hit his peak.

They did an amazing job taking a kid who didn't even play football until his junior year of high school and turning him into an All-American by his 3rd season. That's the sort of elite coaching you get at OSU.

Then you didn't read any of the links. Comment like that is why I laugh. Ziggy Ansah didn't play until college. I guess that was all coaching. Khalid Mack didn't play until he was a senior in High School. Based on that kids should be flocking to BUY and Buffalo

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you didn't read any of the links. Comment like that is why I laugh. Ziggy Ansah didn't play until college. I guess that was all coaching. Khalid Mack didn't play until he was a senior in High School. Based on that kids should be flocking to BUY and Buffalo
I didn't realize BYU and Buffalo were routinely putting out first round picks.

Oh, they aren't. That's why kids are flocking to OSU and not those two.

And yes, I read all of your links. None of them called him a project. They said he was an elite prospect who still hasn't hit his peak, which is the truth. He went to OSU as a project and in 3 years they turned him into arguably the best safety in the nation. That's what elite coaching does.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATTN: TOM HERMAN *** URGENT
Jaylen Waddle on Hudl

Kids a bad ass. Texas has Watkins already and is still on Waddle. There is also Crawford, who is underrated. Lot of slot guys around. Waddle is probably the best WR of them. Watkins not as developed as a WR, but might have even more shake. Electric players, but you have to scheme for them.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids a bad ass. Texas has Watkins already and is still on Waddle. There is also Crawford, who is underrated. Lot of slot guys around. Waddle is probably the best WR of them. Watkins not as developed as a WR, but might have even more shake. Electric players, but you have to scheme for them.
He's the next prototypical slot threat at OU. If you watched that Hudl and didn't know who it was, you could easily surmise it was Dede's Hudl video.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas most likely out of all the scenarios ends up with Watkins and Crawford, or just Watkins.

I think the only way they get Waddle is if Watkins flips to some program in Florida, which IMO is highly likely. Programs in state aren't giving up the #1 recruit in Florida without a fight.

Waddle seems to not like the idea of competition, which is why I think he signs elsewhere. Crawford doesn't really seem to care, he thinks he'll see the field whether it's on offense or defense.

Texas right now is stocked with slot WRs. Duvernay, LJH, RHM, even Armanti Foreman.......then you're bringing in Watkins.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas most likely out of all the scenarios ends up with Watkins and Crawford, or just Watkins.

I think the only way they get Waddle is if Watkins flips to some program in Florida, which IMO is highly likely. Programs in state aren't giving up the #1 recruit in Florida without a fight.

Waddle seems to not like the idea of competition, which is why I think he signs elsewhere. Crawford doesn't really seem to care, he thinks he'll see the field whether it's on offense or defense.

Texas right now is stocked with slot WRs. Duvernay, LJH, RHM, even Armanti Foreman.......then you're bringing in Watkins.
Something odd is going on with Waddle. TCU mods called him a silent Texas commit (love that term) 2 weeks ago. Now he is afraid of Watkins and a coach OU is tweeting nonsense. I doubt this one is over. Betting there is a hell of a story

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something odd is going on with Waddle. TCU mods called him a silent Texas commit (love that term) 2 weeks ago. Now he is afraid of Watkins and a coach OU is tweeting nonsense. I doubt this one is over. Betting there is a hell of a story

It really is weird. Watkins was offered 5 days before Waddle, and he committed 3 months ago, so Waddle isn't surprised by that at all.

I think he let Patterson and OU get in his ear......their pitch is basically that Texas didn't want him first. We simply took the kid that committed first. They don't really play the same position......Watkins is a RB that can catch, Waddle is more of a true WR. There are enough passes for both as they won't be used the same way.

If we end up with all the other Houston kids, I think he finds his way into the class.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is weird. Watkins was offered 5 days before Waddle, and he committed 3 months ago, so Waddle isn't surprised by that at all.

I think he let Patterson and OU get in his ear......their pitch is basically that Texas didn't want him first. We simply took the kid that committed first. They don't really play the same position......Watkins is a RB that can catch, Waddle is more of a true WR. There are enough passes for both as they won't be used the same way.

If we end up with all the other Houston kids, I think he finds his way into the class.
They might be telling Waddle that we send more receivers to the NFL than either of those teams, but I'm sure I don't know what I'm talking about.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be telling Waddle that we send more receivers to the NFL than either of those teams, but I'm sure I don't know what I'm talking about.

Nope. You're wrong. If he doesn't want to go to Texas it's definitely because he's afraid of competition. Can't possibly be any other reason.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You're wrong. If he doesn't want to go to Texas it's definitely because he's afraid of competition. Can't possibly be any other reason.

What are you talking about. Some stories came out that he wasn't hapoy about Watkins, but both of us said that didn't make sense. You guys are amazingly sensitive

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IN RESPONSE TO ^^^

:L

Waddle HIMSELF has said that Watkins might be an issue........which we're discussing, which doesn't make sense.

If it was purely about him making it as a pro WR, I think we would have said that outright and made his commitment

But he DIDN'T. He's on the record that he doesn't want to compete for his spot with another player.

So yeah......

:L:L:L

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle HIMSELF has said that Watkins might be an issue........which we're discussing, which doesn't make sense.

If it was purely about him making it as a pro WR, I think we would have said that outright and made his commitment

But he DIDN'T. He's on the record that he doesn't want to compete for his spot with another player.

So yeah......

:L:L:L
...and that has what exactly with what OU coaches are saying to the kid?

Holy donghorns you are quite static.

I can't wait until you guys drop the first two and you disappear, again.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that has what exactly with what OU coaches are saying to the kid?

Holy donghorns you are quite static.

I can't wait until you guys drop the first two and you disappear, again.

Dude I've been on these boards for years. NO amount of wins or losses affects my postings. Get used to it.

I've been quite clear here. We are SPECULATED on what OU coaches may have said to him, based on what he himself has admitted to........it's a pretty simple concept.

Holy crap I can't wait until one of sooner fans besides Goldbug grows a brain