• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 trade deadline thread - or "someone shackle Benning for God's sake 2017"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing rumors (rumours) that the Leafs are may acquire Tom Barasso.
Sorry, I have to repeat this joke every year because.......honestly I cannot even remember any more. But I'll keep going.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the origin of this joke? Everytime I hear you talk about Bellows I think Kieffer....
Probably has to do with that clip of Trottier and Stevens giving Bellows the superstar treatment from the 91 Finals.

/Barasso gave him the asshole treatment

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

prep-H.jpg

Recommended by 4 out of 5 proctologists

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably has to do with that clip of Trottier and Stevens giving Bellows the superstar treatment from the 91 Finals.

That is a great clip esls, but if memory sells, a poster at the swamp was talking about Alex Burrows, but kept calling him Bellows and now we (jstew and me mainly) interchange Burrows and Bellows.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOfficial 2017 trade deadline thread - or "someone shackle Benning for God's sake 2017
subtitle-
which NHL player has not been rumoured to be going to the Flyers?

Trade deadline can't come quick enough

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a great clip esls, but if memory sells, a poster at the swamp was talking about Alex Burrows, but kept calling him Bellows and now we (jstew and me mainly) interchange Burrows and Bellows.

Don't forget Jim Thornton.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expansion draft definitely throws a wrench into some deadline deals - it definitely hurts the value for players under contract if the team trying to pick them up doesn't have room to protect them. I think guys like Duchene will stay put until after the expansion draft.

Same with Fleury - I doubt he approves a trade unless it's to a contender that needs a starter, and there aren't any.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since literally nothing is happening trade-wise I understand why the "insiders" need to keep talking about something and that something is Shattenkirk but with STL playing great after sacking Hitch and pretty comfortably in a playoff spot not even a year removed from a conference final appearance, how does Armstrong negotiate here? "You need to improve your offer." "If he's worth so much why the hell are you trading him when your team is obviously doing well with him?" "Uh..."

I don't get it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since literally nothing is happening trade-wise I understand why the "insiders" need to keep talking about something and that something is Shattenkirk but with STL playing great after sacking Hitch and pretty comfortably in a playoff spot not even a year removed from a conference final appearance, how does Armstrong negotiate here? "You need to improve your offer." "If he's worth so much why the hell are you trading him when your team is obviously doing well with him?" "Uh..."

I don't get it.

I'm super interested in seeing what specifically was in the three rumored deals that didn't pan out for Shattenkirk. Those were all sign and trades contingent though. That's a super weird spot they're in though...don't want to lose him for nothing, but...the west is kinda open, and he's necessary to win. Makes it kinda a NHL player for NHL player situation, and I can't think of any contenders who are in a spot to make such a move. Heck, even the rumored other teams that tried to make a move weren't contenders and wanted to sign him.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm super interested in seeing what specifically was in the three rumored deals that didn't pan out for Shattenkirk. Those were all sign and trades contingent though. That's a super weird spot they're in though...don't want to lose him for nothing, but...the west is kinda open, and he's necessary to win. Makes it kinda a NHL player for NHL player situation, and I can't think of any contenders who are in a spot to make such a move. Heck, even the rumored other teams that tried to make a move weren't contenders and wanted to sign him.
I only subscribe to the "can't lose him for nothing" program if the team sucks. St. Louis doesn't suck.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation on the cesspool that the Canucks are getting calls on Ben Hutton.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation on the cesspool that the Canucks are getting calls on Ben Hutton.

Bob Mac brought this up a couple days ago with sekeres i think and Pierre Lebrun then reiterated it yesterday

/this is where Bob Mac would chime in and say "i didnt specifically say they were getting calls on Hutton ... i said he is the type of player teams would ask about in any trade"

//Pratt :L lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after hearing Mike Halford (and chatting with a related source :spy: ) in the cesspool, its California or bust for Miltsy at the trade deadline

Halford confirmed the 3 california teams are on the list ... wouldnt be surprised if the other 2 teams are St Louis and Buffalo