• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised they didn't give him a chance to play last year. Was he a redshirt or something?

Yes. Not gonna waste a redshirt halfway through the season when tommy went down. He's supposed to be the franchise at some point.

Not nearly enough reps in practice to just throw him to the wolves. Especially when the offense was designed around a running QB that year.

HCMR puts quarterbacks in the league. One of these three will be drafted. Bet.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Not gonna waste a redshirt halfway through the season when tommy went down. He's supposed to be the franchise at some point.

Not nearly enough reps in practice to just throw him to the wolves. Especially when the offense was designed around a running QB that year.

Will you need a new offensive coordinator to work with these pro style QB's?

I also worry about the defensive coordinator for Nebraska as well. They tend to give up significant points sometimes for elite offenses. I think they have the talent but maybe not the coach on that side of the ball. I did hear something recently about a new defensive coordinator hire a couple weeks ago. Perhaps he will be a good hire.

We're looking for a D coordinator. PC said he will name the DC tomorrow. They have kept it quiet who they interviewed. I was hoping it would be Nate Woody but I don't even know who interviewed for the job. This signing could make or break our defense.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you need a new offensive coordinator to work with these pro style QB's?

I also worry about the defensive coordinator for Nebraska as well. They tend to give up significant points sometimes for elite offenses. I think they have the talent but maybe not the coach on that side of the ball. I did hear something recently about a new defensive coordinator hire a couple weeks ago. Perhaps he will be a good hire.

We're looking for a D coordinator. PC said he will name the DC tomorrow. They have kept it quiet who they interviewed. I was hoping it would be Nate Woody but I don't even know who interviewed for the job. This signing could make or break our defense.

1. No our offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf has been with Mike Riley running the pro style forever. They had to switch up everything specifically for Tommy. Our OC left the Giants as the QB coach to work with Riley again. Eli Manning had his best statistical season under coach Langs that year.

2. We fired Banker and we just hired a new DC. Bob Diaco. His 3-4 defense led Notre Dame to the national title game in 2012 and he won the Broyles assistant coach of the year. Coached several elite defenses there.

Widely regarded as the best if not one of the best assistant hires of the offseason.

And yeah Nate Woody makes sense if you want to keep that 3-4 humming.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No our offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf has been with Mike Riley running the pro style forever. They had to switch up everything specifically for Tommy. Our OC left the Giants as the QB coach to work with Riley again. Eli Manning had his best statistical season under coach Langs that year.

2. We fired Banker and we just hired a new DC. Bob Diaco. His 3-4 defense led Notre Dame to the national title game in 2012 and he won the Broyles assistant coach of the year. Coached several elite defenses there.

Widely regarded as the best if not one of the best assistant hires of the offseason.

And yeah Nate Woody makes sense if you want to keep that 3-4 humming.

Wow, that is an excellent hire. Given the fact that they're mainly a pro style offense and now have the future QB to play in that offense with a great D coordinator I can see this Nebraska team as a top ten team in 2018 for sure.

Nate would be great but I think it's a pipe dream. It will probably be a Co defensive coordinator from 2 of our defensive coaches from last season. We will know in less than 24 hours.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lang signs with Colorado. Had a feeling that was going to happen. When he failed to qualify with SC. And he didn't sign with SC

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like this has been going on for a bit now. Not sure if any of the buskers know more about it. From what I read it's looking like Blades is now going the JUCO route. Great player just doesn't seem to have the grades tho