• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is the equivalent of Smart if he was too stupid to go to law school.

I think he's just assuming I'm stupid enough for him to pull one over on me.

I mean according to ESPN we have 10 4 stars, but I think ESPN is shit so I don't go around boasting about all that.

We have 5 on 247 and that's just fine by me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I'm saying. Smart would throw some BS out there but at least it's usually somewhat intelligently spun. This guys is just flat out pissing on your neck and telling you it's raining.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGAIN. NO.

Quit cherry picking different sites to find the highest rankings bro.

Scout, ESPN, 247, Rivals... PICK ONE.

Either use the 247 composite or stick to ONE SITE.

You have TWO 4 star recruits on 247 and you're making up all of these player bumps.

Put down the crack pipe.

Both ESPN and 247 have the Badgers with 5 4 star recruits. I am not making up any of the player bumps.

If you click on the player profiles you will see that their rating has increased below or in a news report but the increase hasn't been updated currently. This includes Fergasun, Johnathan Taylor and Green-may. All three of those guys received recent stars added.

Since I'm a nice guy I'll even provide you with the links to substantiate these claims that you don't believe due to ignorance or laziness.

Jake Ferguson, James Madison Memorial, Tight End
Jake Ferguson 247Sports 94

Taylor Bumped to Four-Star Status
Wisconsin running back commit Jonathan Taylor is now a four-star prospect per 247sports
Taylor Bumped to Four-Star Status

Green-May Receives Four-Star Bump
Wisconsin commit Izayah Green-May is now a four-star prospect.

Green-May Receives Four-Star Bump

Now before you call someone a liar either get your eyes checked or do your fucking research.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean according to ESPN we have 10 4 stars, but I think ESPN is shit so I don't go around boasting about all that.

We have 5 on 247 and that's just fine by me.

We have 5 on 247 and I concur that 247 is vastly superior. I figured you wanted multiple sources just to show it's not just one recruiting profile.

In the end Nebraska is tied for the amount of 4 stars with Wisconsin. According to your logic that means fans should be out for Riley's head

You said 4-6 5 starrecruits...

Transfers included so even more than that now.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. Smart would throw some BS out there but at least it's usually somewhat intelligently spun. This guys is just flat out pissing on your neck and telling you it's raining.

I just provided you with sufficient evidence to back my claims with three links to show the Badgers have 5 4 star recruits on the most credible recruiting site in 247 sports. You two just lack the skills to research on your own or are just too damn lazy.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus with this guy... It's like an officer walking up to a guy with a beer in his hand who says he hasn't had anything to drink tonight.

It's like talking to a wall with you. I could say the sky is blue show you the sky and you would refute it and some lame joke or emoji.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just provided you with sufficient evidence to back my claims with three links to show the Badgers have 5 4 star recruits on the most credible recruiting site in 247 sports. You two just lack the skills to research on your own or are just too damn lazy.

LIKE I SAID:

Seriously. Show me these mythical player bumps on 247 and I will eat all the crow in the world.

Now where are the SIX FIVE STAR RECRUITS?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIKE I SAID:

Now where are the SIX FIVE STAR RECRUITS?

I gave a range of 4-6 which is a range. I proved there were 5 on 247 which is within that range.

You said there was only 2 4 star recruits from Wisconsin and that the recent star bumps were a lie. I gave you the links to provide you with sufficient evidence to substantiate my claims.

You also said that Nebraska would have Riley's head if they had that draft class well then I showed you that each team had 5 4 star recruits. According to you Neb fans should ask for his head on a platter now.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave a range of 4-6 which is a range. I proved there were 5 on 247 which is within that range.

You said there was only 2 4 star recruits from Wisconsin and that the recent star bumps were a lie. I gave you the links to provide you with sufficient evidence to substantiate my claims.

You also said that Nebraska would have Riley's head if they had that draft class well then I showed you that each team had 5 4 star recruits. According to you Neb fans should ask for his head on a platter now.

If their class was ranked 40th yes.

With your class you should be up to like 25th to 30th.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crow eaten on that front as promised. NOW WHERE ARE THE SIX 5 STAR RECRUITS BRAH

In my second post I corrected it to 5 4 star recruits. I didn't even realize the typo until now, my bad. LOL only Bama obtains 6 5 star recruits by dishing out that cash money.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their class was ranked 40th yes.

With your class you should be up to like 25th to 30th.

I guess we'll have to wait until the final rankings update. I think their avg score will be around 30ish but their total score will be upper 30's because it's a small class because not many scholarships were available this year.

Last year their average was lower but their ranking was higher since they added more recruits.

Next year we will be a small class as well because are team is full of Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors with very few seniors.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll have to wait until the final rankings update. I think their avg score will be around 30ish but their total score will be upper 30's because it's a small class because not many scholarships were available this year.

Last year their average was lower but their ranking was higher since they added more recruits.

Next year we will be a small class as well because are team is full of Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors with very few seniors.

Alright bud, well you got me there! Like I said, I eat my crow gladly. And yes, I was too lazy to look up the bump stories and it's a bit shocking that it took them until a couple days before signing day to bump all these guys.

VERY peculiar. Never seen that before. I think they are starting to cover their asses for how low they rate Wisconsins guys who turn out to produce even despite barely having any power 5 offers in some cases.

I mean looking back your classes are pretty miserable on paper. They don't reflect the production.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like despite Nebraska consistently out recruiting Wisconsin it's been a different story on the field. I look forward to Riley finally getting his own ingredients to cook the meal.

The biggest thing is quarterback. We have a guy in Tanner Lee who according to Archie Manning blew the doors off of Jared Goff in the Manning Passing academy. He has had NFL scouts come by to watch him throw on a regular basis during his transfer period.

Great story on him here:

HuskerOnline.com - Devaney shares interesting Tanner Lee story

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also according to Tom Lemming (whom I actually put a huge amount of stock into) Tyjon Lindsey is a bonafide 5 star.

Husker signee Tyjon Lindsey is a five-star in the eyes of analyst Tom Lemming

If he hadn't been injured for his senior year, he likely would have remained a 5 star by 247.

Many of our guys were downgraded by recruiting sites because they simply refused to go to recruiting camps their senior seasons.

Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and Tristan Gebbia were key victims of this.

Last edited:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright bud, well you got me there! Like I said, I eat my crow gladly. And yes, I was too lazy to look up the bump stories and it's a bit shocking that it took them until a couple days before signing day to bump all these guys.

VERY peculiar. Never seen that before. I think they are starting to cover their asses for how low they rate Wisconsins guys who turn out to produce even despite barely having any power 5 offers in some cases.

I mean looking back your classes are pretty miserable on paper. They don't reflect the production.

You're one of few on here man enough to eat crow on here.

It is interesting and you could be onto something but I think 247 gives random updates and not scheduled updates. Out of all the recruiting sites they sound like the one's less likely to give a ranking based on who's offering IMO. I wish they had more analysis of each player like Scout(even though they have a trash ranking system).

Yes, on paper our recruiting history has been fairly bad outside of a few classes. Hell even in the Rose Bowl years are recruiting was even worse than now. Yes, Wisconsin does have some excellent developing system but the players are sometimes underrated or late bloomers. Hell, JJ Watt is the best example of that. JJ wasn't even ranked so he had to go to Central Michigan because he didn't want to go to Wisconsin as a walk on. Now, he's one of the best defensive players ever in the NFL. Even after this they still only gave the next 2 brothers 3 stars. Derek became the best FB in the game and TJ might be the second best OLB in the draft despite only one year of playing that position.

Wisconsin has slowly increased their draft ranking annually. That happens with the Rose Bowls, national exposure, good recruiting, etc. However I think their is a limit to how high they can go with the academic requirements. Add to that the University only has a black population of like 2% many recruits decide not to go because not enough people that look like them attend. Yes, teams like Stanford and Notre Dame have been able to obtain top ten draft classes with high academic standards. However, they're in geographically more friendly for the majority of the football population.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like despite Nebraska consistently out recruiting Wisconsin it's been a different story on the field. I look forward to Riley finally getting his own ingredients to cook the meal.

The biggest thing is quarterback. We have a guy in Tanner Lee who according to Archie Manning blew the doors off of Jared Goff in the Manning Passing academy. He has had NFL scouts come by to watch him throw on a regular basis during his transfer period.

Great story on him here:

HuskerOnline.com - Devaney shares interesting Tanner Lee story

I agree that the QB is significant for you guys as I felt as though Tommy was losing games sometimes. Tanner's stats were bad with 52% comp% and a 29 QBR. He might throw a nice spiral but his production isn't there. None of the current guys on the roster are what Nebraska needs to be successful at the QB position. The only guy with a chance is the incoming freshmen Tristian a 6'3 QB. He's the second highest ranked player in the Neb class at 92 and the 9th rated Pro QB. He's already practicing with the team. Hell, I'd give him a chance to compete for the starting job this year. This has to be the best QB recruit in recent Nebraska history. I only ever remember them having a bunch of RB's try to throw the ball.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the QB is significant for you guys as I felt as though Tommy was losing games sometimes. Tanner's stats were bad with 52% comp% and a 29 QBR. He might throw a nice spiral but his production isn't there. None of the current guys on the roster are what Nebraska needs to be successful at the QB position. The only guy with a chance is the incoming freshmen Tristian a 6'3 QB. He's the second highest ranked player in the Neb class at 92 and the 9th rated Pro QB. He's already practicing with the team. Hell, I'd give him a chance to compete for the starting job this year. This has to be the best QB recruit in recent Nebraska history. I only ever remember them having a bunch of RB's try to throw the ball.

You're forgetting about Patrick O'Brien. And Tulane is just that: Tulane. Tom Brady would have trouble getting that offense to work down there.

Patrick O'Brien, San Juan Hills, Pro-Style Quarterback

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3