• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU should get some of those tall WR's to play for their basketball team. Who knows they might be better than what they have.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be any fucking worse.

Honestly, I think it would be worth a shot. Obviously they probably wouldn't start playing until next January some time but I think a couple of those kids probably did excel at basketball. The Badgers have a couple kids that I could honestly say would be better than some of our bench players for sure. IDK if myer would allow.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think it would be worth a shot. Obviously they probably wouldn't start playing until next January some time but I think a couple of those kids probably did excel at basketball. The Badgers have a couple kids that I could honestly say would be better than some of our bench players for sure. IDK if myer would allow.
Nah Meyer wouldn't allow for that. I'm not sure about how many of them played basketball. The last football recruit we had like that was Pryor. He was a top 20 national basketball player as well. Also, Aaron Craft was once committed to Tennessee to play QB before deciding to play basketball. Those are the only two I really know of in the last decade, though I'm sure there's more.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1_27554.gif

Congrats to Iraqi refugee Mustafa Khaleefa on officially becoming a Spartan today!

Mustafa Khaleefah signs with Michigan State football years after escaping war in Iraq

Mustafa Khaleefah, Dearborn, Offensive Tackle

:thumb:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU should get some of those tall WR's to play for their basketball team. Who knows they might be better than what they have.

How you feel about Wiscy's class?

Around 40-50th is pretty par for the course for them and then they'll turn all those 3 stars to 4 and 5 stars.

As much as I hate Wiscy, I LOVE the fact that they buck the trend of recruiting rankings. They are the exception to the rule, but once again they will never get over the hump of competing for national titles if they don't start signing better talent.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Referring to D. Wood I suppose. This is why you don't put the pussy on the pedestal. Baby mama drama galore with that kid.

Really like the J. Hall kid coming in this year for the H back spot after Flowers leaves next year. Dude Is really versatile in many aspects of the game.

I am on to 2018. Screw 2017, screw all of you, and no I am not bitter...seriously though, look at the BD class in Texas next year I think 11 or 12 are top 247 players nationally. It's sick.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on to 2018. Screw 2017, screw all of you, and no I am not bitter...seriously though, look at the BD class in Texas next year I think 11 or 12 are top 247 players nationally. It's sick.
Blue will still get a top 5 class in 2018 bruh. Even with limited spots of 23-25

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the DB class in Texas for 2018 is LOADED

It's going to be an interesting year for recruiting for Herman. 2016 was a COMPLETE kick in the nuts for Texas fans......

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's going to be an interesting year for recruiting for Herman. 2016 was a COMPLETE kick in the nuts for Texas fans......

Pretty much. Plus OU got a great class. I think 3 or 4 of the top 20 kids in Texas signed with a Texas school. Only thing positive is nobody in the state had a greal class. Complete power void in the state right now.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan is going to invade Texas and Cali next year with Pep and Frey now. Florida as well. College Football better prepare. Got two recruiters on par with Partidge. Braylon Edwards is going to bring hi swag soon in a year or so once Harbaugh hires him full time as well.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you feel about Wiscy's class?

Around 40-50th is pretty par for the course for them and then they'll turn all those 3 stars to 4 and 5 stars.

As much as I hate Wiscy, I LOVE the fact that they buck the trend of recruiting rankings. They are the exception to the rule, but once again they will never get over the hump of competing for national titles if they don't start signing better talent.

Best ever by a landslide.

They have 4-6 5 star recruits plus 2 4 star transfers (stole one last minute out of Ohio which is the third best player out of Ohio according to Scout) which is the most they've ever had and their avg ranking is over 86th which is the highest they've ever had. They had a small recruiting class this year so their ranking won't be as high. If you look at their average after the last updates they will have an average in the top 30. Some of it was hurt because they recruited the best long snapper in the league which was only considered a 2 star guy and they recruited a second QB in the class just for depth which hurt their overall ranking as well but was necessary in case of injuries.

Overall, stars are garbage because Wisconsin especially in the rose bowl years was one of the major leaders in NFL players produced. Many of their players are underrated.

Take Johnathan Taylor a RB out of NJ. The dude rushed for nearly 3k yards and 35 TD's in his senior season and is the fastest RB in the nation. Hell scout even says his speed is the worst part of his game. Dude is easily a 5 star RB but since he's coming from a non traditional school that doesn't normally produce those 5 star dudes he was under recruited which means the rankings won't be as good since the big schools didn't recruit him.

Another example is Emmit Perry. Now here is a guy out of Texas on a championship 6A school facing the best players in the Nation. Yet he wasn't even ranked when the Badgers offered him. How did they find him? Well he was a late bloomer and a former teammate told the staff to check him out. Sure enough the big game on ESPN he faced the #1 ranked CB in the nation that went to OSU and embarrassed him for the entire game. Dude is another 4-5 star player but the ranking won't show it because the traditional powers didn't recruit him.

Badgers have been a championship caliber defense for four years and have gotten better each year. We lost Vince Biegel and Watt to the NFL but will replace them with 3 4 star OLB's (one a transfer from Bama and another a JC transfer). We were a QB away from a championship last year but we just recruited the two best QB's ever for us over the last two seasons so that spot is filled. Hornibrook was dreadful in the OSU game which we still were able to dominate the first half and he was the MVP for Michigan with 3 int's in that game yet we had a chance to win in the end.

We improved our WR (Perry, Danny Davis 4star) corps, RB's (two 4 star RB's), TE's (one 4 star and RS freshmen 4 star), the entire O-line will return except RT which we will replace with a RS 4 star). The entire D-line returns, All MLB's return, OLB's replaced with 3 4 star players, transfer from Hawaii will replace Shelton at CB and at safety we have a 4 star RS Sophomore to replace Leo Musso.

Now if we get a new defensive coordinator this week I believe this team will be favored to win every single game in the regular season and could be the favorites in the BIG championship again. I feel more confident in this team than when we had Russel Wilson. Hell I feel better about this team than when we had Ron Dayne, Lee Evans, and Chris Chambers all on the same team. The recruiting classes are slowly getting better but again nobody develops players like Wisconsin and few find diamonds in the rough like Wisconsin does either so I can't base everything on just stars alone.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best ever by a landslide.

They have 4-6 5 star recruits plus 2 4 star transfers (stole one last minute out of Ohio which is the third best player out of Ohio according to Scout) which is the most they've ever had and their avg ranking is over 86th which is the highest they've ever had. They had a small recruiting class this year so their ranking won't be as high. If you look at their average after the last updates they will have an average in the top 30. Some of it was hurt because they recruited the best long snapper in the league which was only considered a 2 star guy and they recruited a second QB in the class just for depth which hurt their overall ranking as well but was necessary in case of injuries.

Overall, stars are garbage because Wisconsin especially in the rose bowl years was one of the major leaders in NFL players produced. Many of their players are underrated.

Take Johnathan Taylor a RB out of NJ. The dude rushed for nearly 3k yards and 35 TD's in his senior season and is the fastest RB in the nation. Hell scout even says his speed is the worst part of his game. Dude is easily a 5 star RB but since he's coming from a non traditional school that doesn't normally produce those 5 star dudes he was under recruited which means the rankings won't be as good since the big schools didn't recruit him.

Another example is Emmit Perry. Now here is a guy out of Texas on a championship 6A school facing the best players in the Nation. Yet he wasn't even ranked when the Badgers offered him. How did they find him? Well he was a late bloomer and a former teammate told the staff to check him out. Sure enough the big game on ESPN he faced the #1 ranked CB in the nation that went to OSU and embarrassed him for the entire game. Dude is another 4-5 star player but the ranking won't show it because the traditional powers didn't recruit him.

Badgers have been a championship caliber defense for four years and have gotten better each year. We lost Vince Biegel and Watt to the NFL but will replace them with 3 4 star OLB's (one a transfer from Bama and another a JC transfer). We were a QB away from a championship last year but we just recruited the two best QB's ever for us over the last two seasons so that spot is filled. Hornibrook was dreadful in the OSU game which we still were able to dominate the first half and he was the MVP for Michigan with 3 int's in that game yet we had a chance to win in the end.

We improved our WR (Perry, Danny Davis 4star) corps, RB's (two 4 star RB's), TE's (one 4 star and RS freshmen 4 star), the entire O-line will return except RT which we will replace with a RS 4 star). The entire D-line returns, All MLB's return, OLB's replaced with 3 4 star players, transfer from Hawaii will replace Shelton at CB and at safety we have a 4 star RS Sophomore to replace Leo Musso.

Now if we get a new defensive coordinator this week I believe this team will be favored to win every single game in the regular season and could be the favorites in the BIG championship again. I feel more confident in this team than when we had Russel Wilson. Hell I feel better about this team than when we had Ron Dayne, Lee Evans, and Chris Chambers all on the same team. The recruiting classes are slowly getting better but again nobody develops players like Wisconsin and few find diamonds in the rough like Wisconsin does either so I can't base everything on just stars alone.

"4-6 5 star recruits" :pound: bruh you know we have eyes right?

It's another ass-looking class by Wiscy that will be developed. If we landed this class people would be calling for Riley's head.

It's 7th in the Big Ten and 40th overall. Put the bottle down.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you need some glasses

Per 247 sports final updates on player page

All four stars after recent bumps
Jake Ferguson TE: 94
Kayden Lyles OG: 92
Johnathan Taylor RB: 91
Danny Davis WR: 90
Izaha Green-may OLB: 90

Per ESPN
They have 5 4 star dudes which also include
Andrew Van Ginkel OLB 82
Tyler Beach OT 80

So with ESPN and Scout that's 7 total while both have at least five and that's not including the 2 4 star transfers and potential 3rd 4 star transfer with the QB from ND

Nebraska had 2 four star recruits in 2014, 4 in 2015, 5 in 2016, and 5 in 2017. LOL I guess it's time for Riley to go. Anyways, production>>>>>recruiting ranking all day every day. NFL players produced >>> high school rankings. Badgers have 33 players drafted in the NFL since 2008 while Nebraska has 32. Badgers have obviously produced more BIG Ten Championship appearances and BIG CG wins than Nebraska as well.

Almost forgot to add that if you take out the LS (ranked #1 in the Nation but only given an 0 composite score and the depth QB (still #1 in Wisconsin) Unranked and add all the final updates Badgers average is about 86.5 while Nebraska is at 87.5. That doesn't include all the transfers. If I did include the three transfers Badgers are tied with Nebraska.

BOOM

Last edited:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per ESPN
Andrew Van Ginkel OLB 82
Tyler Beach OT 80

So with ESPN and Scout that's 7 total while both have at least five and that's not including the 2 4 star transfers and potential 3rd 4 star transfer with the QB from ND

Nebraska had 2 four star recruits in 2014, 4 in 2015, 5 in 2016, and 5 in 2017. LOL I guess it's time for Riley to go. Anyways, production>>>>>recruiting ranking all day every day. NFL players produced >>> high school rankings. Badgers have 33 players drafted in the NFL since 2008 while Nebraska has 32. Badgers have obviously produced more BIG Ten Championship appearances and BIG CG wins than Nebraska as well.

Almost forgot to add that if you take out the LS (ranked #1 in the Nation but only given an 0 composite score and the depth QB (still #1 in Wisconsin) Unranked and add all the final updates Badgers average is about 86.5 while Nebraska is at 87.5. That doesn't include all the transfers. If I did include the three transfers Badgers are tied with Nebraska.

BOOM

You said 4-6 5 starrecruits...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per ESPN
Andrew Van Ginkel OLB 82
Tyler Beach OT 80

BOOM

AGAIN. NO.

Quit cherry picking different sites to find the highest rankings bro.

Scout, ESPN, 247, Rivals... PICK ONE.

Either use the 247 composite or stick to ONE SITE.

You have TWO 4 star recruits on 247 and you're making up all of these player bumps.

Put down the crack pipe.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus with this guy... It's like an officer walking up to a guy with a beer in his hand who says he hasn't had anything to drink tonight.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Show me these mythical player bumps on 247 and I will eat all the crow in the world.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus with this guy... It's like an officer walking up to a guy with a beer in his hand who says he hasn't had anything to drink tonight.

This guy is the equivalent of Smart if he was too stupid to go to law school.