• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'Official 2017-18 NFL thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why it seems to disproportionately affect football players though.

Why don't we see similar issues in any other sport? And I'm thinking of non-contact injuries only. I get the physicality of the tackles and such, but why are soccer players for example not blowing out knees left and right?

maybe more quicker harder turns in football by athletes that are carrying more mass/weight than SAWKER players ??? :noidea:

going back to the Tommy John comparison ... Ive heard it said before that having that surgery will give a pitcher a tighter stonger arm, thereby adding velocity ( ???? ) so much so that younger pitchers (high schoolers) sort of elect to have the surgery ... even with todays surgical techniques, not sure someone who horribly blows out a knee ever gets back to where they were (ie Teddy Bridgewater)

/anyone see that horrific knee injury suffered by that goalie from Liga MX .. all he was doing was striding in to kick the ball long

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
jumpin' josephat. three times on that AZ drive, Seahawks took penalties on 3rd down to extend the drive.
clean that shit up, and they should be ok.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be fine.....

And we are trying out Byron Maxwell

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best line I heard on this:

"Rookie Trey Edmunds, who didn't have an NFL carry until Sunday, ran untouched for a 41-yard score late in the game. That inspired a naked streaker to run on the field and into the end zone before he was taken down by security. Given time, he might have run for 100, too."

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsinites love their Green Bay Packers more than anything else, but they love their beer too. So at least something good came out of last Sunday’s Packers game at one Wisconsin bar.

The Packers were shut out 23-0 by the Baltimore Ravens last week, the first time Green Bay has been shut out since 2006. That meant the tap was on for more than three hours, for an estimated 275-300 free cups of beer according to “As It Happens.”

“I have to tell you, Carol, that so many people, when they came back after the half time and in the third quarter, actually apologized for drinking my beer, hoping the Packers would score,” Scott Bell, the bar’s general manager, told show host Carol Off.

Bell said they looked at the statistics before offering the promotion, and usually the Packers score on the first or second drive with Rodgers. Even with a backup quarterback you don’t expect an NFL team to get shut out. Bell said, “in reality, you know, it was kind of a shocker.” However, Bell also said it was a fun afternoon. It presumably was quite fun for the fans who knocked down free beers for three hours.

Wisconsin bar offers free beer until Packers score, really regrets it during shutout

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Wisconsinites love their Green Bay Packers more than anything else, but they love their beer too. So at least something good came out of last Sunday’s Packers game at one Wisconsin bar.

The Packers were shut out 23-0 by the Baltimore Ravens last week, the first time Green Bay has been shut out since 2006. That meant the tap was on for more than three hours, for an estimated 275-300 free cups of beer according to “As It Happens.”

“I have to tell you, Carol, that so many people, when they came back after the half time and in the third quarter, actually apologized for drinking my beer, hoping the Packers would score,” Scott Bell, the bar’s general manager, told show host Carol Off.

Bell said they looked at the statistics before offering the promotion, and usually the Packers score on the first or second drive with Rodgers. Even with a backup quarterback you don’t expect an NFL team to get shut out. Bell said, “in reality, you know, it was kind of a shocker.” However, Bell also said it was a fun afternoon. It presumably was quite fun for the fans who knocked down free beers for three hours.

Wisconsin bar offers free beer until Packers score, really regrets it during shutout
I was at a bar many, many moons ago that had a promo on to bring people in for BlueJays games.
a free pint for every BlueJay home run. I believe they set the MLB record that night with nine or ten.
I can't remember exactly, because the night got pretty foggy.
The waitress just starting bringing trayfuls of pitchers to our table.

the promo was changed after that night to a pint for the price of a glass.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just awful.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tuned into that game in the 4th for a few minutes. They talked for a bit about Shazier.

Then a Steeler guy tried to take Burfict's head off, and he was stretchered off.

Then one of the Steelers got hit in the head after catching a TD. Clicked it off and am glad I haven't really watched a football game in like two years. Complete thuggery and disrespect.

But it's the kneeling that is making people turn away from football.

Hope the injured guys are okay.