• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016 Recruiting Thread

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Hudson, #3 guard in the country, commits to Texas.

Texas' 2016 recruiting class now ranked anywhere from #3-5, depending on the service.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real question. HOW MANY WRs do the aggys have and need? Seems like every cycle they're taking 4 or 5 guys.....

Right now including Merritt I think that makes 20 on the roster heading into this season but we will be losing some receivers after this year either to graduation or to the draft but we still have enough so we may not take as many in '17.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Buckeye class is going to be sick.. We should get WR Grimes and Lindsey on board. Also on the defensive side we should get Okudah and maybe Browning? Almost forgot about RB Cam Akers.. Nice class for 2017.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Buckeye class is going to be sick.. We should get WR Grimes and Lindsey on board. Also on the defensive side we should get Okudah and maybe Browning? Almost forgot about RB Cam Akers.. Nice class for 2017.
Has a chance to be historically good. The possibility of ten 5* players is well within reach.

Myers, Davis, Wade, Okudah, Akers, Grimes are all either already committed or are strongly leaning OSU. Then you have Peoples-Jones, Browning, Darnay Holmes all strongly considering OSU. Also Chase Young and Tyjon Lindsey are just outside of the 5* rating, with Young committed and Lindsey heavily favored to OSU. Also Tate Martell, Isaiah Pryor, and J.K. Dobbins are right there close to being 5*, right inside the top 50.

I don't feel confident about Peoples-Jones (which would suck for me @TrustMeIamRight), but the others, we're right there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a chance to be historically good. The possibility of ten 5* players is well within reach.

Myers, Davis, Wade, Okudah, Akers, Grimes are all either already committed or are strongly leaning OSU. Then you have Peoples-Jones, Browning, Darnay Holmes all strongly considering OSU. Also Chase Young and Tyjon Lindsey are just outside of the 5* rating, with Young committed and Lindsey heavily favored to OSU. Also Tate Martell, Isaiah Pryor, and J.K. Dobbins are right there close to being 5*, right inside the top 50.

I don't feel confident about Peoples-Jones (which would suck for me @TrustMeIamRight), but the others, we're right there.

Yeah. OSU could get a sick class depending on how the chips fall with some of the players. With many guys, you never know where they will end up and they all seem to say what the fans of each school want to hear when they visit.

I think Grimes and Lyndsey will probably end up at OSU. Darnay Holmes and Browning are two guys UM is really recruiting hard, but I don't think either team ends up with them. I think Holmes stays on the West Coast (though UM has a trump card with him, as he is BFF with David Long -- still don't think we get him though). Browning, I think he goes to the SEC or stays in Texas. UM has their big recruiting event coming up on August 7th and many of the guys listed including Browning and Holmes will be there. They will be unveiling the new Nike Jumpman Jerseys -- so I'm hoping it helps UM bring in some of these kids.

DPJ -- if OSU pulls him, I will request a formal investigation, as someone had to pay him off. I believe one, or even both parents went to UM. He wants to be in the medical field and UM is at the top for academics for his major and he has been going on rounds at the hospital in Ann Arbor. It would be sick if OSU could overcome all that to sign him.

Either way. OSU is going to have a tremendous class and UM won't be too far behind. I think my favorite recruit for UM to get would be Nico Collins. 6'5" WR -- #1 recruit from the state of Alabama. Named UM his favorite, teamed up at the Opening with the other UM recruits. If that happens, I'd like to see what the Bama fans who said the satellite camps don't work and are pointless will say.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. OSU could get a sick class depending on how the chips fall with some of the players. With many guys, you never know where they will end up and they all seem to say what the fans of each school want to hear when they visit.

I think Grimes and Lyndsey will probably end up at OSU. Darnay Holmes and Browning are two guys UM is really recruiting hard, but I don't think either team ends up with them. I think Holmes stays on the West Coast (though UM has a trump card with him, as he is BFF with David Long -- still don't think we get him though). Browning, I think he goes to the SEC or stays in Texas. UM has their big recruiting event coming up on August 7th and many of the guys listed including Browning and Holmes will be there. They will be unveiling the new Nike Jumpman Jerseys -- so I'm hoping it helps UM bring in some of these kids.

DPJ -- if OSU pulls him, I will request a formal investigation, as someone had to pay him off. I believe one, or even both parents went to UM. He wants to be in the medical field and UM is at the top for academics for his major and he has been going on rounds at the hospital in Ann Arbor. It would be sick if OSU could overcome all that to sign him.

Either way. OSU is going to have a tremendous class and UM won't be too far behind. I think my favorite recruit for UM to get would be Nico Collins. 6'5" WR -- #1 recruit from the state of Alabama. Named UM his favorite, teamed up at the Opening with the other UM recruits. If that happens, I'd like to see what the Bama fans who said the satellite camps don't work and are pointless will say.
That would be an extraordinary coup for michigan to grab Collins, and yeah, it would definitely give merit to the camps.

I didn't know that about DPJ. Shoulda done my homework before I made that bet. It seems like he's staying in the B1G either way, though, so that's good. I could also see him perhaps wanting to go elsewhere with a better opportunity if we get both Grimes and Lindsey, which seems very likely.

Definitely going to be a great cycle for both schools. I just want to see Alabama supplanted from the top spot for a change.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an extraordinary coup for michigan to grab Collins, and yeah, it would definitely give merit to the camps.

I didn't know that about DPJ. Shoulda done my homework before I made that bet. It seems like he's staying in the B1G either way, though, so that's good. I could also see him perhaps wanting to go elsewhere with a better opportunity if we get both Grimes and Lindsey, which seems very likely.

Definitely going to be a great cycle for both schools. I just want to see Alabama supplanted from the top spot for a change.

Yeah. If DPJ doesn't go to UM, I will be shocked. I don't think his decision will be based on what players sign anywhere though. He is the #1 WR in the class, so I don't think competition is going to sway him one way or the other.

I looked it up -- his dad graduated from Med School at UM. DPJ is different than most recruits. He almost has a 4.0 GPA, wants to be some sort of surgeon and wants to follow in his father's foot steps.

Doesn't mean he is a lock for UM, but it'd take some serious work to pull him out of state. With teenagers, you never know though?

And I think OSU has a great chance to unseat Bama at the top. They have a great class right now and it will only get better.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If DPJ doesn't go to UM, I will be shocked. I don't think his decision will be based on what players sign anywhere though. He is the #1 WR in the class, so I don't think competition is going to sway him one way or the other.

I looked it up -- his dad graduated from Med School at UM. DPJ is different than most recruits. He almost has a 4.0 GPA, wants to be some sort of surgeon and wants to follow in his father's foot steps.

Doesn't mean he is a lock for UM, but it'd take some serious work to pull him out of state. With teenagers, you never know though?

And I think OSU has a great chance to unseat Bama at the top. They have a great class right now and it will only get better.
Love hearing that about DPJ, we need more recruits like that. Honestly, I would almost rather him go to michigan to follow in his father's footsteps. It would be a great story.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, had to put this in, just because it's fun to watch