• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2016-17 basketball thread

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why we should settle for the status quo of the 100 years of Nebrasketball. We invested 160 million it's time that starts paying off with wins and NCAA tournament appearances and wins. Even Wichita state invest more money in their basketball coach / program then we do. And guess what it's working they get to the turny every fucking year. They beat Kansas. When was the last time we beat Kansas?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its out of line to expect a little better than one of the worst 5 yr runs weve ever had. .

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be so fun if we could all get together once a month or so to have beers and discuss this stuff in person. But I feel it may get heated lol

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like this is the first time Miles teams have quit on him. Petteway pitchford. White.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its out of line to expect a little better than one of the worst 5 yr runs weve ever had. .

Nobody is saying it's out of line to expect better.

EYE am saying it's out of line to expect Nebraska to be Duke. Trust me, we could afford to pay a guy like coach K......he just isn't stupahd enough to come here for any amount of money.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually do need to have some sort of a reputation........it really does matter.

Our reputation is that we are 1 of only 2 teams (soon to be the only 1) to have never won a game in the NCAA Tourney.

Nebraska Basketball is THEE worst in the country. Historically......#1 at being the worst. Like, we're that bad.....seriously.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude it happens all the time. You get the right coach and it changes everything. Bama sucked so they got Saban. Baylor was a shit hole then they get art briles. Boise state beat Oklahoma. With what's his name.

J was Duke, Duke before they was Duke. Or have they always been Duke? In that they win at a high level recruit lights out send sophomores to the NBA. Or did coach K bring all that to the table for them? Nearest I can tell is they have been going to the turny since 78. Coach K got there in 80 and they have been there ever since. Even so though Nebraska used to play in a bowl game every year. Then the wrong coach gets in and it all goes to hell.

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude it happens all the time. You get the right coach and it changes everything. Bama sucked so they got Saban. Baylor was a shit hole then they get art briles. Boise state beat Oklahoma. With what's his name.

J was Duke, Duke before they was Duke. Or have they always been Duke? In that they win at a high level recruit lights out send sophomores to the NBA. Or did coach K bring all that to the table for them? Nearest I can tell is they have been going to the turny since 78. Coach K got there in 80 and they have been there ever since. Even so though Nebraska used to play in a bowl game every year. Then the wrong coach gets in and it all goes to hell.

Difference is that Bama was good before. Nebrasketball has never been good.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but there was a gap in-between bamas success. And at some point they had to invest in a sure thing, a winner.

What is your guys argument? That since we have never been good we will never be good? Then why don't we just scrap the whole damn thing then? Take the money and get Bill Belichick and Dom cappers

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but there was a gap in-between bamas success. And at some point they had to invest in a sure thing, a winner.

What is your guys argument? That since we have never been good we will never be good? Then why don't we just scrap the whole damn thing then? Take the money and get Bill Belichick and Dom cappers

Sabah was a sure fire winner? He did good at sparty and decent at LSU. Sucked at Miami

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HP52 - i don't disagree with what you are saying, but who is going to come to Nebraska? Who do you think you can throw money at and actually get to come? Even if you doubled a lot of great coaches salaries (Self, K, etc) you aren't getting them to leave the place they are to come to Nebraska and try and build a program from the ground up.

I got to watch the 2nd half of that game yesterday. Miles either lost the team or he's not a great Xs&Os guy, because that offense looked pitiful. just no resemblance of any attempt to put your playmakers in the position to make a play. as someone mentioned, the lack of substitution was mind boggling. not running set plays to get McVeigh shots or something else for Webster or Watson, it's like he told them to just go out there and do it yourself. Now alternatively, maybe the players decided to stop listening to him and were doing some of that stuff on their own, i don't know. There were plenty of boneheaded plays in that game.

anyway. one more year, do something or good or he's gone.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think we could get Dana Altman, he is one of few coaches that has a above .600 record. Has many connections to the state. Not so much UNL. I know coach K and calipari are not coming hire. But coaches like Altman might

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why can't we get that UCONN womens baskeball coarch?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be so fun if we could all get together once a month or so to have beers and discuss this stuff in person. But I feel it may get heated lol

I'll punch somebody

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't see Duke going out and making some big name hire once coach K is gone. His assistants usually work under him for years and years. They know the system that is in place so I bet Duke would either promote from within or bring back somebody like Wojo from Marquette who was one of his top assistants for what seemed like a decade and has done an okay job at Marquette thus far.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall, wasn't Miles pretty universally loved at Colorado State when he took the job here? If so, I'm trying to figure out if it is a personality and character issue with Miles or if it's finding the right players to buy into Miles' system.

Unfortunately winning consistently takes care of all of that. Cake is in the pudding. Hard to buy-in to a turd sandwich

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was under the microscope there as he is now. Also he was winning with Nebraska players so that was the big draw to why we went after him and eventually landed him.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't misunderstand me. Duke COULD hire anybody in the country that they wanted to. But I just don't think they will. I see coach K hand picking somebody to replace him

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was under the microscope there as he is now. Also he was winning with Nebraska players so that was the big draw to why we went after him and eventually landed him.

And we're losing with non-Nebraska players. So what you're saying is that we need to just recruit more Nebraska players!!