• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the game when that happened. All I could do was just start laughing. I had no skin in the game one way or the other and didn't really care who won. But in 45+ years of watching football, I can't remember seeing a game end like that.

I almost felt bad for Michigan, and then I remembered all of the problems Miami has.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost felt bad for Michigan, and then I remembered all of the problems Miami has.
Miami just might not have the capability to compete in this era of college football. I mean- how many small private colleges can? "The U's" glory days are likely in the past.

The only fairly small private college that is doing well- and some years they arent great- is Notre Dame. I thought they played a nice game against USC- but USC def has dissapointed- not too mention had to fire their coach for being a drunk. Brian Kelly is a pretty good coach.

Its all about the coach in college football- that the resources you have. Its why the Bucks are the most consistently good team in the country for the BCS and now Playoff Era. Going from The Vest to Urb- and all the resources- its nice combo.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami just might not have the capability to compete in this era of college football. I mean- how many small private colleges can? "The U's" glory days are likely in the past.

The only fairly small private college that is doing well- and some years they arent great- is Notre Dame. I thought they played a nice game against USC- but USC def has dissapointed- not too mention had to fire their coach for being a drunk. Brian Kelly is a pretty good coach.

Its all about the coach in college football- that the resources you have. Its why the Bucks are the most consistently good team in the country for the BCS and now Playoff Era. Going from The Vest to Urb- and all the resources- its nice combo.

Miami can, it's just the administration's willingness to win. The board of trustees are stuck in the past as they were able to nickel and dime the program and still remain elite. The landscape has changed and Miami's approach will need to as well. Miami will always have a chance to return to prominence given that it has by far the deepest talent pool to recruit from in South Florida. Being a small private school doesn't mean shit. Baylor's number 2 in the country right now and has been consistently good for the last several years now. Same can be said of Stanford. Miami can win, they just need to nail the next hire to do so.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. I hate OSU with a passion, but their administration wants to win, and win big. Coaching matters the most in football. Look at the Dolphins today. Granted their win came against the lowly Titans, but the Phins had looked like dog shit the first 4 games. Put in an interim coach who's an intense individual, and instills that in his team, it translates to the field. I saw a completely different Dolphins team today.

Urban Meyer is an ass, but I'd take him as my coach in a second and not think twice about it. I knew I would rue the day that Meyer was hired at Florida as I saw his teams in Utah play. Meyer may/may not pull a string like Saban did (3 titles in 4 years), but I would venture to say he's at least got one more national title in him while at OSU before he thinks about going pro (if that's what he wants, he may want to stay elite at the collegiate level).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that can derail OSU is this two-QB system bullshit. Quite frankly, I'm even surprised that Meyer's entertaining this. He seems like the type that would tell one QB to suck it up and sit on the bench. Consistency is what's dooming OSU with poor play. I'm surprised they've been in as many close games as they've had as I thought the only games that would make them sweat is Michigan St.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that can derail OSU is this two-QB system bullshit. Quite frankly, I'm even surprised that Meyer's entertaining this. He seems like the type that would tell one QB to suck it up and sit on the bench. Consistency is what's dooming OSU with poor play. I'm surprised they've been in as many close games as they've had as I thought the only games that would make them sweat is Michigan St.
I think that he has wanted to go to Barrett- but Barrett is younger- and Cardale did beat Wisconsin in the Big Ten Title game, 'Bama in the Semi-Final and Oregon in the Final and looked GREAT doing it.

Having watched every Ohio State game this year- I will tell ya the difference- Barrett on a week to week basis is a better play. He is amazing at running the ball, is very accurate in the passing game, is a great leader and is has just AMAZING decision making and playmaking ability on that read option. It AMAZES me how long he holds onto that ball before making his decision and its almost always right.

Cardale just cant run like Barrett. Against MOST teams- that dual running threat of Barrett and Elliot is the way to go. However- if a team can stop the run- Cardale is your man. Cardale stretches the field like crazy. Its damn near impossible to stop OSU if he is playing well because that deep threat combined with Elliot is murder. Cardale isnt always on, and I think is a little complacent- but Urban I think had to start him after how last year ended along with this is Cardales last year while Barrett will be back next year.

One thing is for certain though- holy crap do the Bucks have talent. They used 3 QBs on that one TD drive. Braxton Miller is an UNBELIEVABLE athlete. He looked so freaking fast. Ezekial Elliot is a first round running back no doubt. I think hes the best since Eddie George at THE OSU. Jalin Marshall has crazy playmaking aiblity on the outside and returning kicks and reverses. Thomas is probably their BEST overall receiver with great size and speed that will likely make him a #1 pick. They really have an embarassment of riches offensively---- and then defensively on the line Bosa is a top 5 pick in the draft- Adolphus Washington is at worst 3rd rounder and probably a 2nd rounder at the other end spot. Raekown McMillan is a beast middle linebacker that will be drafted high- and Vonn Bell who they STOLE out of Georgia will be either the 2nd or 3rd safety taken in the draft.

That being said- all that talent means nothing when you play Michigan- it all goes out the window. Not too mention- MSU is going to feel like a team of destiny after last weeks win and REALLY REALLY wants to knock off the Bucks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a reason that they say "if you have 2 quarterbacks, you don't have any."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that he has wanted to go to Barrett- but Barrett is younger- and Cardale did beat Wisconsin in the Big Ten Title game, 'Bama in the Semi-Final and Oregon in the Final and looked GREAT doing it.

Having watched every Ohio State game this year- I will tell ya the difference- Barrett on a week to week basis is a better play. He is amazing at running the ball, is very accurate in the passing game, is a great leader and is has just AMAZING decision making and playmaking ability on that read option. It AMAZES me how long he holds onto that ball before making his decision and its almost always right.

Cardale just cant run like Barrett. Against MOST teams- that dual running threat of Barrett and Elliot is the way to go. However- if a team can stop the run- Cardale is your man. Cardale stretches the field like crazy. Its damn near impossible to stop OSU if he is playing well because that deep threat combined with Elliot is murder. Cardale isnt always on, and I think is a little complacent- but Urban I think had to start him after how last year ended along with this is Cardales last year while Barrett will be back next year.

One thing is for certain though- holy crap do the Bucks have talent. They used 3 QBs on that one TD drive. Braxton Miller is an UNBELIEVABLE athlete. He looked so freaking fast. Ezekial Elliot is a first round running back no doubt. I think hes the best since Eddie George at THE OSU. Jalin Marshall has crazy playmaking aiblity on the outside and returning kicks and reverses. Thomas is probably their BEST overall receiver with great size and speed that will likely make him a #1 pick. They really have an embarassment of riches offensively---- and then defensively on the line Bosa is a top 5 pick in the draft- Adolphus Washington is at worst 3rd rounder and probably a 2nd rounder at the other end spot. Raekown McMillan is a beast middle linebacker that will be drafted high- and Vonn Bell who they STOLE out of Georgia will be either the 2nd or 3rd safety taken in the draft.

That being said- all that talent means nothing when you play Michigan- it all goes out the window. Not too mention- MSU is going to feel like a team of destiny after last weeks win and REALLY REALLY wants to knock off the Bucks.

Rivarly games will do that, I'd favor OSU though in a much closer matchup then previous years though. Harbaugh needs to get his players in first. Also, keep an eye out on Torrance Gibson next year. Kid wanted to play QB at the next level, but that kid has elite WR written all over him. Only reason he played QB at high school while attending American Heritage is because they had nobody else. That kid's going to be scary good.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy, I actually find talking college football with you much more enjoyable then talking basketball with you. Night and day difference.

I think Braxton Miller's injury last year set himself up for a consistent career at wideout in the NFL. He'll find a place on a team, similar to Denard Robinson from Michigan a couple of years ago. His athleticism is pretty good as QB's out of Urban Meyer's system rarely succeed at the next level (most successful QB is Alex Smit, let that marinate).

Elliot's a decent RB, I'll give you that. I don't think he's a first round talent (although he's roughly 2nd-3rd round given the value on RBs). First round talent RB's nowadays are Fournette and Dalvin Cook (fuck you Al Golden for screwing that recruitment up), the two clear cut finalists for the Heisman this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d
There's a reason that they say "if you have 2 quarterbacks, you don't have any."
i think the buckeyes really probably have 3 of the top 25 QBs in college football.....who ever heard of such a thing? its ridiculous....and shit- im not sure if Braxton Miller isnt the best one! I mean the guy was the 2 time Big Ten offensive player of the year....but then Barrett broke the OSU Touch down record- which is pretty ridiculous as you could imagine- but then Cardale does nothing except win the Big Ten Title Game against Wisconsin as an underdog in an absolute slaughter, beats Alabama i nthe semi- and then of course lights up Oregon in the First ever playoff championship game.

its just so strange- its just not ever likely to happen again just because you NEED guys to get hurt for it to happen and other crazy circumstances....theres a reason why we have never seen anything like that or are likely to see it...not saying its totally good- like you guys are saying- its a very precarious balance- and represents an incredibly difficult path to navigate for Urb. But man- keep Braxton at WR...hes electric..i really love watching him play- and I really love watching Elliot play....Fournette is the best back in the country and is just an animal but I think Elliot is #2 and hes just so fun to watch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy, I actually find talking college football with you much more enjoyable then talking basketball with you. Night and day difference.

I think Braxton Miller's injury last year set himself up for a consistent career at wideout in the NFL. He'll find a place on a team, similar to Denard Robinson from Michigan a couple of years ago. His athleticism is pretty good as QB's out of Urban Meyer's system rarely succeed at the next level (most successful QB is Alex Smit, let that marinate).

Elliot's a decent RB, I'll give you that. I don't think he's a first round talent (although he's roughly 2nd-3rd round given the value on RBs). First round talent RB's nowadays are Fournette and Dalvin Cook (fuck you Al Golden for screwing that recruitment up), the two clear cut finalists for the Heisman this year.
Fournette is the rare back who I think will be a top 10 pick. ESPN has Elliot going 15 in their EARLY EARLY mock. I mean- going for 200+ against the favored Badgers, 200+ against the favored Crimson Tide (which is UNHEARD of to just emasculate the Tide like that), and then 200+ against the favored Ducks (but really- the Ducks cant be physical on the same level as the Bucks- i saw that going in- it didnt surprise me Elliot went crazy vs. them- IT DID surprise me he went crazy against Bama and Wisconsin like that. ESPECIALLY Bama.)

ESPN has Elliot going 15
CBS has Elliot going 16
Bleacher Report had Elliot going 4!
SI has Elliot going 20
DraftSeason has Elliot going 21
Yahoo has Elliot going 14

Of course its EXTREMELY early- and of course no one even knows the draft order....but form what I have seen Elliot seems to be a consensus 1st rounder that will go somewhere in the mid-teens most likely. Fournette is not elgible to come out this year of course. Running Backs are definitly devalued in todays NFL- but it would be hard to watch that Alabama game and see the true sophomore tear them up and not be blown away.

kind crazy- out of all those mock draft-s i didnt see one where Bosa fell out of the top 5. hes a bad bad man. and his brother is committed and coming to OSU next year and supposedly has the same potential.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette is the rare back who I think will be a top 10 pick. ESPN has Elliot going 15 in their EARLY EARLY mock. I mean- going for 200+ against the favored Badgers, 200+ against the favored Crimson Tide (which is UNHEARD of to just emasculate the Tide like that), and then 200+ against the favored Ducks (but really- the Ducks cant be physical on the same level as the Bucks- i saw that going in- it didnt surprise me Elliot went crazy vs. them- IT DID surprise me he went crazy against Bama and Wisconsin like that. ESPECIALLY Bama.)

ESPN has Elliot going 15
CBS has Elliot going 16
Bleacher Report had Elliot going 4!
SI has Elliot going 20
DraftSeason has Elliot going 21
Yahoo has Elliot going 14

Of course its EXTREMELY early- and of course no one even knows the draft order....but form what I have seen Elliot seems to be a consensus 1st rounder that will go somewhere in the mid-teens most likely. Fournette is not elgible to come out this year of course. Running Backs are definitly devalued in todays NFL- but it would be hard to watch that Alabama game and see the true sophomore tear them up and not be blown away.

kind crazy- out of all those mock draft-s i didnt see one where Bosa fell out of the top 5. hes a bad bad man. and his brother is committed and coming to OSU next year and supposedly has the same potential.

Hmmmm I didn't know Elliot was that high up on most mock drafts as I've only seen him sparingly. I just know that as of right now, if I'm picking a RB, I'm going in the following order:

1. Fornette
2. Cook
3. Elliot

Not sure if Elliot will get 1st round or not, but he looks like a solid early 2nd round pick.

Joey Bosa's insane. That kid's going mid-1st round this coming draft (I can't see him coming back for his senior year). It sucks that his family is an all OSU family as they're saying his brother who currently goes to St. Thomas Aquinas may have more upside then Joey Bosa.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm I didn't know Elliot was that high up on most mock drafts as I've only seen him sparingly. I just know that as of right now, if I'm picking a RB, I'm going in the following order:

1. Fornette
2. Cook
3. Elliot

Not sure if Elliot will get 1st round or not, but he looks like a solid early 2nd round pick.

Joey Bosa's insane. That kid's going mid-1st round this coming draft (I can't see him coming back for his senior year). It sucks that his family is an all OSU family as they're saying his brother who currently goes to St. Thomas Aquinas may have more upside then Joey Bosa.
mid first round? Bosa is going top 5- and has an outside shot at #1 overall.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d

i think the buckeyes really probably have 3 of the top 25 QBs in college football.....who ever heard of such a thing? its ridiculous....and shit- im not sure if Braxton Miller isnt the best one! I mean the guy was the 2 time Big Ten offensive player of the year....but then Barrett broke the OSU Touch down record- which is pretty ridiculous as you could imagine- but then Cardale does nothing except win the Big Ten Title Game against Wisconsin as an underdog in an absolute slaughter, beats Alabama i nthe semi- and then of course lights up Oregon in the First ever playoff championship game.

its just so strange- its just not ever likely to happen again just because you NEED guys to get hurt for it to happen and other crazy circumstances....theres a reason why we have never seen anything like that or are likely to see it...not saying its totally good- like you guys are saying- its a very precarious balance- and represents an incredibly difficult path to navigate for Urb. But man- keep Braxton at WR...hes electric..i really love watching him play- and I really love watching Elliot play....Fournette is the best back in the country and is just an animal but I think Elliot is #2 and hes just so fun to watch.

I agree. All 3 of tOSU's qb's could start for most other teams in the country. If handled properly, it's not a bad problem to have. However, it can become a problem if the coach doesn't settle on a starter. The quarterback needs to know that he's not going to be yanked if he makes a mistake and needs to be able to get into a rhythm.

I remember back in the 80's in John Robinson's 2nd stint as USC coach, we had Brad Otton and Kyle Wacholtz platooning at qb and the results were mixed at best. The biggest problems occurred when one qb was playing well and the others turn to play came up.

I think trying to play all of the qb's is why tOSU hasn't been as dominant as they could be this year. It effects the entire offense as each qb has a different cadence, the ball comes out of each qb's hands a little differently, etc.

Not saying tOSU can't repeat as national champs playing this way, they absolutely can (if I was going to bet real money, it would be on the Buckeyes) because they are THAT talented overall. I just think playing multiple qb's looks like it may make it a little more difficult.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mid first round? Bosa is going top 5- and has an outside shot at #1 overall.

Just looked at the mock draft standings, you're right. I think the only thing hurting him is his suspension earlier this year. However, if Jameis can go no. 1......

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its EXACTLY what I said.

Dan Gilbert has put his money where his mouth is and is putting out a team salary that the Buss' have never touched.
Yet Staples center has so many banners from years of Lakers team accomplishments...16 of those being CHAMPIONSHIP banners compared to how many for the Cavs? Don't worry....we'll wait if your still counting. :pound::crazy:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all right.

so - either the first two weeks of December I will have an avatar of your choice- or the two weeks following Kyrie's first appearance of November in an NBA game you will have an avatar of my choice. NO restrictions on the avatar as long as its SportsHoopla approved.

sound acceptable?

This bet might come down to the wire...