• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial '2015 British Open' Thread

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a shame that Spieth couldn't finish it off but you cannot 4-putt a green on the final day and expect to win against that caliber of competition. Having said that, the dude is relentless. he just keeps coming at you no matter what happens to him.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm good with this taking the edge off all the Speith fellating.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm good with this taking the edge off all the Speith fellating.

I hear ya...the media would've really been up his rear if he had won...The kid does seem to be the real deal, but he's had some pretty good luck this year as well...the USO was somewhat of a gift.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...the media would've really been up his rear if he had won...The kid does seem to be the real deal, but he's had some pretty good luck this year as well...the USO was somewhat of a gift.
But he just keeps coming. I've never seen a guy like him where he screws up a hole terribly and then follows it up with two or three immediate birdies. Most guys fall apart at least for a couple of holes, usually for the rest of the round, but not Spieth.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he just keeps coming. I've never seen a guy like him where he screws up a hole terribly and then follows it up with two or three immediate birdies. Most guys fall apart at least for a couple of holes, usually for the rest of the round, but not Spieth.

Seems to play the game with the determination of Hogan and the demeanor of Hagen

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got something special for sure...at the very least, he's made the Rory comparisons legit.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got something special for sure...at the very least, he's made the Rory comparisons legit.
It will be interesting to se how long he can remain motivated enough to get to or stay at #1

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to se how long he can remain motivated enough to get to or stay at #1

Very true...human nature to let off the gas pedal a little once the bank account hits $10+ mil and that's in savings! I heard a report over the weekend that Chad Campbell has cashed $20mil + in tour checks...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true...human nature to let off the gas pedal a little once the bank account hits $10+ mil and that's in savings! I heard a report over the weekend that Chad Campbell has cashed $20mil + in tour checks...
Wow! I heard about another guy who had made 11 mil on the tour. He was somebody hardly anyone knows but I can't remember his name. Check out the PGA Tour's pension plan sometime. Its incredible. David Toms' retirement account is worth 40 Mil! David ef'n Toms! Imagine what Tiger Woods must have in his.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I heard about another guy who had made 11 mil on the tour. He was somebody hardly anyone knows but I can't remember his name. Check out the PGA Tour's pension plan sometime. Its incredible. David Toms' retirement account is worth 40 Mil! David ef'n Toms! Imagine what Tiger Woods must have in his.

I will..The PGAT purses are very high, but at least in this game you have to play well and beat a lot of other very good players to win these days...Guys that have won PGAT or even ET events...even 1 or 2, they've earned the spoils 9 (off the course cash)...my poster child is Brett Quigley...hasn't won squat, and he's set for life...or should be.

The .230 hitting 2nd baseman guaranteed $40 mil...just killed MLB for me...insane money for avg performance.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will..The PGAT purses are very high, but at least in this game you have to play well and beat a lot of other very good players to win these days...Guys that have won PGAT or even ET events...even 1 or 2, they've earned the spoils 9 (off the course cash)...my poster child is Brett Quigley...hasn't won squat, and he's set for life...or should be.

The .230 hitting 2nd baseman guaranteed $40 mil...just killed MLB for me...insane money for avg performance.
The golfer I was trying to think of was Briny Baird.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The golfer I was trying to think of was Briny Baird.
We could probably compile a list of 10-15 players that have made over $5 mil on tour and never won.

I probably could not handle the pressure these guys are under getting started out on tour, but it's not a bad gig if you can keep your card for 4 or 5 seasons.

Aqua man...(was on the Pres Cup team, forget his name) had given up golf and was a bank teller in Tampa...literally...got in a tourney, Monday qualified...took vacation played the event, made the cut and got a check, got in another event...gave his 2 week notice at the bank.

Now, I think the story has changed over the years, but he's talked about that before...fine line.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could probably compile a list of 10-15 players that have made over $5 mil on tour and never won.

I probably could not handle the pressure these guys are under getting started out on tour, but it's not a bad gig if you can keep your card for 4 or 5 seasons.

Aqua man...(was on the Pres Cup team, forget his name) had given up golf and was a bank teller in Tampa...literally...got in a tourney, Monday qualified...took vacation played the event, made the cut and got a check, got in another event...gave his 2 week notice at the bank.

Now, I think the story has changed over the years, but he's talked about that before...fine line.
It is a fine line

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a fine line
Woody Austin...came to me.

I was at the grand opening of a course in Tampa that Tome Lehman designed or was part of and he mentioned his humble beginnings on the mini tour...said at his lowest point, they had about $150 to their name him and his wife driving to an event.

My bank account has been low, but I knew I was getting a get a paycheck the next week and or the week after that. The guys the fell on the other side of that line...we often never hear about them again.

Would Craig Perks be doing his TV gig if he didn't Fluke that Players win? Probably not.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - plus you have to figure that Rory will be extra motivated since he missed the British Open. Add golfers like Day & Fowler who have come so close recently & I can see very competitive events in the near future which will make this all tough for Spieth.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - plus you have to figure that Rory will be extra motivated since he missed the British Open. Add golfers like Day & Fowler who have come so close recently & I can see very competitive events in the near future which will make this all tough for Spieth.

I think Spieth will be hot for another few seasons at least...right now I think he's the best putter in the game in spite of his now famous 4 jack...he's just turning 22. I do agree there are players in their primes that are hungry for their 1st major.

But...fastforward 4 yrs and the limelight will start to wear on him a bit. We'll have to see, but much like 300 wins will not be challenged much in MLB, 20 PGAT winners will be rare...i.e. DL3's career will be a rarity I think.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Austin...came to me.

I was at the grand opening of a course in Tampa that Tome Lehman designed or was part of and he mentioned his humble beginnings on the mini tour...said at his lowest point, they had about $150 to their name him and his wife driving to an event.

My bank account has been low, but I knew I was getting a get a paycheck the next week and or the week after that. The guys the fell on the other side of that line...we often never hear about them again.

Would Craig Perks be doing his TV gig if he didn't Fluke that Players win? Probably not.
That is scary but you have to admire those guys that bet on themselves, put it all on the line and made it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is scary but you have to admire those guys that bet on themselves, put it all on the line and made it.

Even those that don't make it...have admire the effort to even try it. Sort of a feel good story...local guy James Mason...great player on the state level, his brother is a local Dr and kind of helped fund his career...never did much on the PGAT, but got a few starts on the Champions tour and made good...got a win, some good places...idk his current status but I know he's made $2 or 3 million since he turned pro.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even those that don't make it...have admire the effort to even try it. Sort of a feel good story...local guy James Mason...great player on the state level, his brother is a local Dr and kind of helped fund his career...never did much on the PGAT, but got a few starts on the Champions tour and made good...got a win, some good places...idk his current status but I know he's made $2 or 3 million since he turned pro.
Awesome. Persistance pays off sometimes.