• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 NCAA Regional Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that there will be significantly more fans in Austin that there were in Baton Rouge. Cougar fans, particularly the older folks who went to school back in SWC days, have a strong dislike for the Horns and would love to see UH beat UT in Austin.

You make a good point about the virtue of getting hot at the right time. Hopefully the wins in Baton Rouge, coupled with winning the AAC Tourney the previous week in Clearwater, FL, have UH in the right frame of mind to win at Austin!

When you're not a blue-blood, having a team gimmick always helps momentum in getting to the CWS too. I don't know if Houston has one.
The Long Beach Dirtbags all bleached their hair a few years ago, some teams quit shaving through the tournament, last year a team had a Beta fish (Stony Brook?) in the dug out that belonged to one of the players. Weird stuff like that just to name a few.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 of the 10 SEC teams made it to the regional championship games and 4 of those teams were 4 seeds in their groupings. A cowboy fan complaining about media induced bias is rich. Hate on.....

Nobody's hating, #2 and #1 seeds from the SEC were sent home, too. Cowboys are just as overrated as the SEC was in baseball, btw. Probably more. Just saying, SEC shouldn't have had 10 teams in the tourney. Pretty sure there were better teams that were passed over. Fact is, when one conference sends 10 teams to the tourney and only 2 make it to the Super Regionals, that says something. Enjoy your moral victories.....

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's hating, #2 and #1 seeds from the SEC were sent home, too. Cowboys are just as overrated as the SEC was in baseball, btw. Probably more. Just saying, SEC shouldn't have had 10 teams in the tourney. Pretty sure there were better teams that were passed over. Fact is, when one conference sends 10 teams to the tourney and only 2 make it to the Super Regionals, that says something. Enjoy your moral victories.....

so you are new to watching baseball then? because they very easily could have had 9 teams advance too. the only team that totally fell apart was florida. All the rest were playing in the last games to advance. They all got deserving bids.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it's new territory, my Terps need to put a whoopin' on those cocky:laser:Wahoes <-- yes, that's right ... no typo ... :heh: :ss:

Let's go, Terps!:boxing:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it's new territory, my Terps need to put a whoopin' on those cocky:laser:Wahoes <-- yes, that's right ... no typo ... :heh: :ss:

I really enjoyed the ass-cuttin ya'll put on the dirtpeckers!! Made my week.

:suds:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVa baseball team is cocky? :bullshit:

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVa baseball team is cocky? :bullshit:

Home field advantage ... beating MD in the ACC tourney ... I'm sure they and many of their ignorant fans think UVA is already in Omaha. MD = Underdog, all the way.

With that kind of advantage, unless MD puts up a fight, UVA will be cocky.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home field advantage ... beating MD in the ACC tourney ... I'm sure they and many of their ignorant fans think UVA is already in Omaha. MD = Underdog, all the way.

With that kind of advantage, unless MD puts up a fight, UVA will be cocky.

Ooops! I meant to say MD beat UVA in the ACC tourney.