• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TO misses the HOF again

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 5 can make it.

Every damn year, there will be HOFers having to wait their turn.

Much ado about nothing.

With a limit, there will be "so-called snubs" that are not actually snubs.

Some guys who are waiting longer will get in before guys who are relatively new to the waitlist.

Come on man, this isn't some regular snub. This is one of the best receivers of all time. How could he not get in the first time or the second time? To make it worse, he didn't even make the top 10 final cut. No player of his caliber should have to "wait their turn"

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have killers and child molesters in the HOF, but TO can't get in because of "bad character."

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey T.O.
raw

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what bugs me about the football HOF. What is this "waiting their turn" business ? Baseball doesn't have this problem. When a guy who is one of the all time best at their positions becomes eligible they get in, 1st time. They don't wait their turn behind lesser players. This popularity contest/pecking order business in football is nonsense.

Actually, baseball does have this problem.

Not the entire process but there are writers who refuse to vote for anyone who is a "first ballot" candidate.

I think that is ridiculous and anyone with that attitude should be removed as a voter.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the entire process but there are writers who refuse to vote for anyone who is a "first ballot" candidate.

I think that is ridiculous and anyone with that attitude should be removed as a voter.
I get where they're coming from.

It's silly to do it as a rule, but guys like Barry Larkin being a first ballot guy is a joke. Should be a lot less likeabke guys getting in quick than there is.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. But 1st ballot guys get in on the 1st ballot always in baseball, barring some literal violation, not because of personal preference, unless your preference is to consider those violations no big deal.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are keeping people out of the Hall because they were douchebags someone is going to need to kick out about 100 guys that are already in

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are keeping people out of the Hall because they were douchebags someone is going to need to kick out about 100 guys that are already in

And if they are going to be kept out because of "dropped passes" then at least 100 and maybe more need to be booted. Add INT's to that list too.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he learned how to catch a ball that wasn't floating to his chest like Steve Young used to give him and the fucker still couldn't catch!:gaah:

And yet he's 2nd in Receiving yards and 3rd in TD's all time.

He belongs in the HOF.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. He could have been he GOAT if he could catch the ball. Watch some film and get back to me. I've actually seen him play and know he was a dropsy WR.

You could make a better argument if you stuck with "he was a locker room cancer". He was. But his stats make it a no brainer HoF induction for the guy. Sooner or later.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. He could have been he GOAT if he could catch the ball. Watch some film and get back to me. I've actually seen him play and know he was a dropsy WR.

C'mon dude. I don't like Owens and never liked his petulant and destructive ways in the locker room. Did he drop more passes than most? Yup. Guys like Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown and even Jerry Rice dropped their share...and a lot of that is because they got thrown to a lot, but I'll concede that his hands weren't as good as those guys. Owens' 'bad hands' are touted more because of the controversial player he was. Whether he could've been the best of all time is irrelevant. It isn't the Hall of the best of all time. He caught enough passes for enough yards and enough TD's that should make this all moot.

I've seen a lot of arguments for/against him, and most of them are pretty silly....this one included. Terrell Owens should be in the HOF.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO has been in my HOF for years. All that matters.