• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tkachuk

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Iginla back next season. For the most part the Flames are taking it to the Kings and the Kings don't have much of an answer. Even if they don't fight they need to finish their checks or at least make some....Flames are bringing some heavy hits and with no chance at the PO the Kings should take a stand...fuck it get that swagger back

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tkachuk was willing to go with Muzzin early and then did with McNabb so that was ok
But then he just fell to the ice quickly.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, well he expected someone to go right after him because that's what your supposed to do....such is my point about the Kings not doing so....A douchebag 19 y/o knows whats supposed to happen. I don't know if you notice it but since Iginla went with Englundd LA has played much better and more "on it"...I see it anyways

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andreoff 34 minutes and a game misconduct
Not saying it was smart but he at least stood up for guys.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AA did exactly what he should have done, he saw DD down and Tchuck there down as well....it looked like he had taken a run at DD from the end of what he saw. A team will rally when someone shows some balls and that's exactly what I saw the Kings do....to bad its a bit late and wont make a difference on the season....but at least they regain some manhood IMO

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the game went, it could be confirmed that the Kings didn't engage last time because they were trying to play the score. Not this time, and I loved the overall team response starting with Iginla going after Engelland.

This clown has a mouth on him, I can see his career getting derailed like others before him (Avery for example) because they never matured enough to know when and when not to say/do anything. This article expands on the one Laguna D posted:

Tkachuk on Doughty comments: ‘I expected more from him’ - Article - TSN

"It has no effect on me what (Doughty) says or anybody on their team says,” Tkachuk added to the Sun. “If it was a pretty dirty play… I mean, nobody really did anything about it and nobody on our end really thought it was that bad. But that’s in the past. Tomorrow, it’s just another game and hopefully another game closer to playoffs.”

He is right in that the Kings didn't respond but they had a very important reason not to - they were fighting for the POs. I think the Kings know they are not going to make it in and decided to go after him no matter what last night ,which was the right time to do so.

This is the maturity he will need to learn and understand, professionals put the team's best interest ahead of their own and there is a time and place for a response. Really pleased to see how LA responded, Andreoff especially.

PS - I find it funny he says nobody on their end thought it was bad. Yeah, I guess getting 2 game suspensions are just freak accidents. Your team got bitch slapped all over the ice, and you were the Kings' personal bitch last night. How's that for a response kiddo?

PPS - I was shaking my head listening to the Flames fans boo Doughty every time he had the puck. Bunch of idiots.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Milbury upset with Muzzin and Doughty for not getting in fights last night
Milbury, Jones: Tkachuk walked the walk; Kings’ response was embarrassing
I think Muzzin was not thinking Tkachuk would be dropping the gloves when he did and was caught off guard. Drew should never drop the gloves against some agitator.
I think the Kings did what they needed to do.
I think other teams will see how Calgary lost and play that way against them in the playoffs.
I also agree that the Kings are out of it and will have no problem pulling a Syracuse Bulldogs next time they face each other.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milbury is a retard, I wouldn't take anything that guy has to say seriously.

Remember when he and JR went on and on about something? Milbury was a terrible hockey player, essentially a goon - what kind of reply would you expect from this guy? Meanwhile Roenick, even though his time in LA wasn't that memorable, is a distinguished scorer who played hard and was tough. Who's word would you take?

Milbury was a terrible GM too, this is the guy who traded Luongo/Jokinen for Mark Parrish/Kavasha, signed Yashin to a 10 year/$90 million deal (which was bought out 6 years and the Islanders had an year hit of $2.2 million in dead money that just came off the books 2 seasons ago), traded Chara and as 1st for Yashin (that 1st became Jason Spezza). The guy is probably the most complete idiot ever to be associated with the NHL.

I do agree that Muzzin should have dropped the gloves, I don't buy the he wasn't thinking thing. You know very well the team prepared for Tkachuk with talks, potential scenarios, etc. before the game. Both teams huddled at the red line during warm ups, Clifford had some choice words for Tkachuk, probably telling him you need to answer for that hit and it's coming. Muzzin knew to be prepared and he didn't, another reason why I think he is soft especially for a 220 pound guy.

I don't think this is over either, I'm expecting more fireworks next week.

Last edited:

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is over either, I'm expecting more fireworks next week.

If Calgary has any sense and has a playoff spot locked up and the Kings are eliminated (as expected), the flames will likely have Tkachuk inactive.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Milbury upset with Muzzin and Doughty for not getting in fights last night
Milbury, Jones: Tkachuk walked the walk; Kings’ response was embarrassing
I think Muzzin was not thinking Tkachuk would be dropping the gloves when he did and was caught off guard. Drew should never drop the gloves against some agitator.
I think the Kings did what they needed to do.
I think other teams will see how Calgary lost and play that way against them in the playoffs.
I also agree that the Kings are out of it and will have no problem pulling a Syracuse Bulldogs next time they face each other.

The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them! And by golly, if I could get down there, I'd be standing up to them!

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Go after someone else then.
I approve this message.

All right, let's show 'em what we got, guys! Get out there on the ice and let 'em know you're there. Get that fuckin' stick in their side. Let 'em know you're there! Get that lumber in his teeth. Let 'em know you're there!

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years now, when Milbury is one of the hosts during the Intermissions on a national network, I've automatically hit mute.