• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titus Young...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have a point RobBase. I am not privy to the inner workings of what goes on in Detroit, but I have seen mentions by players who have been there and left about such things. Often when you put a trouble youngster into a lousy environment they continue to go downhill and it appears this is what happend to Young.

The Rams tried to salvage Young as you eluded to when Fisher and Snead brought him before training camp either last year or the year before (I can't remember which) and he lasted all of a week before they cordially stated that he was so far gone as to be worth any production compared to being a potential major disruptive force and way too much high maintenance.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Swarm. Not trying to push any buttons here, but when did you become so jaded about the Lions?

Or were you always that way, and I was too fogged up to notice?

The reason I ask is because Levy has improved considerably.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players that improved as lions:
Bell, Suh, Willie Young, Levy, Stafford, Durham, Palmer, Megatron, Houston (albeit he regressed later), I've already seen improvement from Ansah and Taylor. I disagree with saying that that our players don't get better. I do think we do have a problem developing or taken more than finding talent dating back through Millen.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell, Suh, Willie Young, Levy, Stafford, Durham, Palmer, Megatron, Houston (albeit he regressed later), I've already seen improvement from Ansah and Taylor. I disagree with saying that that our players don't get better. I do think we do have a problem developing or taken more than finding talent dating back through Millen.

I agree with all of those, except Palmer, and Stafford to a degree. Yes, Stafford has improved since his college days, but he has regressed a bit the last couple years. I definitely think we have an offensive staff that can help him improve.

Palmer, I just don't see anything positive in the guy, other than ST help. Jmo.

Even CJ, who is the best in the game at his position, has improved from year to year. He has even been quoted as saying he had to work extra hard on his route running bc he wasn't that great coming out of college.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Swarm. Not trying to push any buttons here, but when did you become so jaded about the Lions?

Or were you always that way, and I was too fogged up to notice?

The reason I ask is because Levy has improved considerably.

He's the same player he was when he was drafted, he simply got a good RE to play in front of him and not POS KVB who lined up 6 yards away off to his side. I like Levy too, but nothing the Lions did other than draft Ansah helped him improve statistically. Physically, his game is the same.

I became a realist when drunk Tom pulled his dick out and flashed everyone, bragging about how he had the best coaches in the galaxy drooling over the best job in the universe, the Lions HC gig. Then Mayhew's black rights buddy fucked him, sending Lovie to Tampa when Mayhew bragged he had an interview all lined up. Then Whisenhunt said fuck off to the best job ever. Weird. Then we got stuck drafting our Rooney Rule candidate (don't bullshit yourself, this is exactly what happened).

Millen, Hoke, now Mayhew. Just waiting it out until Mayhew is gone.

I respect you more than anyone here, but I have to kindly disagree strongly. Bell is Bell, the Lions gave him his shot when no one else did. He's good, not great. Willie Young never figured it out upstairs. Failure. Already spoke of Levy. Stafford is literally exactly the same player he has always been, same with Calvin. You can tell me Stafford has improved when he can throw to someone other than Calvin. On a real team, Calvin would shatter Jerry Rice and all his records. He was throwing up mad numbers when we were 0-16. Drafted great, still great, no thanks to this team.

This team peaked under Scwartz guys. About 2-3 years ago. That's why we have a new HC. If all these guys really improved since day 1 he would still be here and not our damn Rooney rule candidate.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of those, except Palmer, and Stafford to a degree. Yes, Stafford has improved since his college days, but he has regressed a bit the last couple years. I definitely think we have an offensive staff that can help him improve.

Palmer, I just don't see anything positive in the guy, other than ST help. Jmo.

Even CJ, who is the best in the game at his position, has improved from year to year. He has even been quoted as saying he had to work extra hard on his route running bc he wasn't that great coming out of college.

I don't think Palmer is a star, but he was an adequate "starter" last year, though the nickel back played far more snaps. Palmer graded out well in his limited action, particularly against the run. He came in as a raw, athletic kid that the Bills had cut, and now he's a very solid 4th LB.

Nothing to write home about, and he's very likely reached his ceiling, but he went from an after-thought to good enough to have a roster spot locked up even though we just drafted his replacement.

I'd put him in the same boat as Don Carey- not skilled enough that you want him to be a regular starter, but he's developed enough to be a primary back-up and hold his own if he needs to step in.

All that being said, though, he's the kind of guy you could replace with a 3rd or 4th round draft pick and not lose any sleep over, so it is what it is. He'd honestly be the best fit as an inside backer in a 3-4, imo, given his strong work against the run... Maybe we'll see a sub package this year with he and Tully inside and Levy/Ziggy and Van Noy on the outside?

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasted potential.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could like my own posts.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could like my own posts.
Because those that resist truths for the sake of resistance, have been culled.

Mayhew fired. Check.
Levy busted. Check.
No more top 2 D without Such. Check.
Teryl Austin still our DC after 19 HC "interviews. Check.
Ebron blows. Check.

#MLBGA

:suds:

Check