• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans, Mike Mularkey mutually agree to part ways

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a nice landing spot for josh mcdaniels?

young QB
good ground game

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a nice landing spot for josh mcdaniels?

young QB
good ground game

Mularkey didn't appreciate being put on blast of needing to win the WC game to keep his job....so after getting a win and bowing out to NE...he probably said F, U and they said, F U too so it was mutual...lol

Not that he has the credentials, but I don't blame Mularkey...hell, TN hadn't even been in the playoffs in a decade.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mularkey didn't appreciate being put on blast of needing to win the WC game to keep his job....so after getting a win and bowing out to NE...he probably said F, U and they said, F U too so it was mutual...lol

Not that he has the credentials, but I don't blame Mularkey...hell, TN hadn't even been in the playoffs in a decade.
what do you think of mcdaniels there? i say it makes MORE sense than indy. the mariota is only what, 24 to lucks...29/30...if he can still throw?

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wrong.
It's a bunch of malarky!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patriots OC Josh McDaniels "would prefer the Titans over all coaching jobs."

That would include the Colts, where McDaniels was expected to land before the Titans surprisingly parted ways with Mike Mularkey on Monday. According to Rapoport, McDaniels is wary of Andrew Luck's health and is intrigued by Marcus Mariota's upside. The Titans also have a much better overall roster than the Colts. If he gets to pick between the two, it sounds like McDaniels will end up in Tennessee.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good fucking riddance. It needed to happen. This team fell ass backwards into a playoff spot and was gift wrapped a playoff win by Andy Reid. I'm happy that Jon Robinson had the guts to stand firm and still go with the decision that needed to be made. Lots of people wouldn't have done it "because he just won a playoff game!" and the team wouldn't have been better off. Mularkey's offensive philosophy sucked ass. He was making Mariota worse. The offense was ridiculously predictable and outdated. You could tell what plays were coming simply based off the formation. There were no disguises or any plays building off each other like you see in modern NFL offenses. It was shit from 1995. It did nothing to highlight Mariota's strengths (for example, he's great in play action, they rarely called it). And he couldn't even identify the best RB. Murray wasn't that good this year. Henry was clearly better yet Murray would get all the snaps.

This team has some talent to work with on offense yet Mularkey and his offensive staff were never going to use it properly. Mularkey was never the reason the Titans won the last 2 years. That was Dick Lebeau and his defense. I'd love to see Dick stick around (or at least a disciple of his, he is old as shit afterall) and the Titans get a younger coach that actually understands what to do on offense in the 21st century

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same feelings here and agree with ya Wild Turkey i am so glad they canned his ass and hes gone.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see McDaniels preferring Tennessee over working for the pill-popping drunk in Indy.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to be done. If you think Mularkey coached a good game vs the Chiefs, I can't really help you. And as was already obvious and pointed out, Mularkey was not the reason the Titans have won games when they have the past two years. A QB self pass, an INT coming largely from awful spacing/play-design, and being able to run the ball on the 32nd ranked DVOA run D is not an endorsement of malarkey.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good fucking riddance. It needed to happen. This team fell ass backwards into a playoff spot and was gift wrapped a playoff win by Andy Reid. I'm happy that Jon Robinson had the guts to stand firm and still go with the decision that needed to be made. Lots of people wouldn't have done it "because he just won a playoff game!" and the team wouldn't have been better off. Mularkey's offensive philosophy sucked ass. He was making Mariota worse. The offense was ridiculously predictable and outdated. You could tell what plays were coming simply based off the formation. There were no disguises or any plays building off each other like you see in modern NFL offenses. It was shit from 1995. It did nothing to highlight Mariota's strengths (for example, he's great in play action, they rarely called it). And he couldn't even identify the best RB. Murray wasn't that good this year. Henry was clearly better yet Murray would get all the snaps.

This team has some talent to work with on offense yet Mularkey and his offensive staff were never going to use it properly. Mularkey was never the reason the Titans won the last 2 years. That was Dick Lebeau and his defense. I'd love to see Dick stick around (or at least a disciple of his, he is old as shit afterall) and the Titans get a younger coach that actually understands what to do on offense in the 21st century

My only thing is, the D seems like it's built better for the 4-3 rather than the 3-4.
But that's what makes their success as a run D so fascinating.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota over Luck?

No brainer at this point. Luck might be back and might be somewhat effective, but definitely more upside to coaching the Titans

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3