• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans Hire GM Jon Robinson

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How long will it take to undo all the damage of the Ruston Webster regime?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good hire. The Bucs have quite a bit of talent on their roster, not his fault their ownership changes coaches every 2 years. Now if Robinson can convince the team to hire someone other than Mularky, we're off and running!

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a diehard Titans fan from the beginning back in '99 i have had 20 years of mostly great memories of the franchise. From '99 through '11 the team was awesome and were 9-7 and a hair away from getting in the playoffs with QB Matt Hasselbeck in 2011. From '99 through '11 the team had 7 winning seasons,6 postseason berths,3 division titles,2 AFC championship appearances and 1 Super Bowl appearance. Also during that span they won 13 games in 3 different seasons the only other teams to do that were New England and Indianapolis.

Now where i think things went wrong was in 2011 and the drafting of QB Jake Locker which i am sure GM Ruston Webster had a hand in and thank goodness both Locker and Webster are gone now because the QB and GM dictate whether your team has success or not and both were terrible. In hindsight i think the Titans would've done well staying with Hasselbeck for a few seasons after all he played with Indianapolis until 2015 winning a couple games for them in his last season there. Anyhow that did not happen and the Titans sank into four years of losing 2012 through 2015 no doubt due to Locker not living up to his draft status and Webster drafting terribly didnt help either.

So i was delighted in 2015 when the team drafted QB Marcus Mariota and shortly thereafter parted ways with former GM Webster. There was a really good vibe about new GM Jon Robinson from the beginning and he didn't disappoint as his first two moves were bringing in RB Demarco Murray and trading the number one pick to the Rams for multiple draft picks. Robinson has rebuilt the team the last two seasons in the draft/free agency with players like RB Demarco Murray,RB Derrick Henry,WR Rishard Matthews,WR Eric Decker,TE Jonnu Smith,OC Ben Jones,OG Josh Kline,OT Jack Conklin,DT Sylvester Williams,DT Austin Johnson,LB Jayon Brown,S Kevin Byard,CB Adoree Jackson,CB LeShaun Sims,CB Logan Ryan.

Like i stated earlier every successful team has a franchise QB and a talented GM. The QB is responsible for leading the team on the field and the GM is responsible for putting the best players he can on the field and if both are good the team will win games and that has definitely been the case with QB Mariota and GM Robinson who went 9-7 in 2016 their first year together. In 2017 year two together they are 7-4 so far. At this point of the 53 man roster only around 17 players remain pre 2016 so that means two thirds of the roster is newer acquisitions brought in by Robinson.

Things have definitely changed for the better the past two years. In 2016 Tennessee beat five playoff teams that season including Houston,Miami,Denver,Detroit,Kansas City in the final seconds and basically blew out Green Bay. For 2017 they ended the losing streak vs Indy as well as putting an end to the drought of not winning at Lucas Oil the Colts stadium since 2008. They've also done better in division games going 3-1 so far. Also they have had quality wins against Seattle,Baltimore,Jacksonville all winning teams this season.

It is looking like the Titans are about to get their second straight winning season as well as their first playoff appearance in a while despite going 9-7 in 2011 and 9-7 in 2016 they weren't able to make the playoffs in either of those seasons. Nothing feels better than putting a few seasons of misery behind you and enjoying your team being relevant and winning regularly as well as competing for postseason.

With QB Marcus Mariota and GM Jon Robinson it looks like Tennessee will be winning well into the future.

P.S. Next season will be the Titans 20th anniversary and they will also be unveiling new uniforms. Can't wait!!!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a diehard Titans fan from the beginning back in '99 i have had 20 years of mostly great memories of the franchise. From '99 through '11 the team was awesome and were 9-7 and a hair away from getting in the playoffs with QB Matt Hasselbeck in 2011. From '99 through '11 the team had 7 winning seasons,6 postseason berths,3 division titles,2 AFC championship appearances and 1 Super Bowl appearance. Also during that span they won 13 games in 3 different seasons the only other teams to do that were New England and Indianapolis.

Now where i think things went wrong was in 2011 and the drafting of QB Jake Locker which i am sure GM Ruston Webster had a hand in and thank goodness both Locker and Webster are gone now because the QB and GM dictate whether your team has success or not and both were terrible. In hindsight i think the Titans would've done well staying with Hasselbeck for a few seasons after all he played with Indianapolis until 2015 winning a couple games for them in his last season there. Anyhow that did not happen and the Titans sank into four years of losing 2012 through 2015 no doubt due to Locker not living up to his draft status and Webster drafting terribly didnt help either.

So i was delighted in 2015 when the team drafted QB Marcus Mariota and shortly thereafter parted ways with former GM Webster. There was a really good vibe about new GM Jon Robinson from the beginning and he didn't disappoint as his first two moves were bringing in RB Demarco Murray and trading the number one pick to the Rams for multiple draft picks. Robinson has rebuilt the team the last two seasons in the draft/free agency with players like RB Demarco Murray,RB Derrick Henry,WR Rishard Matthews,WR Eric Decker,TE Jonnu Smith,OC Ben Jones,OG Josh Kline,OT Jack Conklin,DT Sylvester Williams,DT Austin Johnson,LB Jayon Brown,S Kevin Byard,CB Adoree Jackson,CB LeShaun Sims,CB Logan Ryan.

Like i stated earlier every successful team has a franchise QB and a talented GM. The QB is responsible for leading the team on the field and the GM is responsible for putting the best players he can on the field and if both are good the team will win games and that has definitely been the case with QB Mariota and GM Robinson who went 9-7 in 2016 their first year together. In 2017 year two together they are 7-4 so far. At this point of the 53 man roster only around 17 players remain pre 2016 so that means two thirds of the roster is newer acquisitions brought in by Robinson.

Things have definitely changed for the better the past two years. In 2016 Tennessee beat five playoff teams that season including Houston,Miami,Denver,Detroit,Kansas City in the final seconds and basically blew out Green Bay. For 2017 they ended the losing streak vs Indy as well as putting an end to the drought of not winning at Lucas Oil the Colts stadium since 2008. They've also done better in division games going 3-1 so far. Also they have had quality wins against Seattle,Baltimore,Jacksonville all winning teams this season.

It is looking like the Titans are about to get their second straight winning season as well as their first playoff appearance in a while despite going 9-7 in 2011 and 9-7 in 2016 they weren't able to make the playoffs in either of those seasons. Nothing feels better than putting a few seasons of misery behind you and enjoying your team being relevant and winning regularly as well as competing for postseason.

With QB Marcus Mariota and GM Jon Robinson it looks like Tennessee will be winning well into the future.

P.S. Next season will be the Titans 20th anniversary and they will also be unveiling new uniforms. Can't wait!!!

new unis for the titans???! say it ain't so!! i love that flaming thumbtack helmet logo!

seriously though, i have a GREAT idea for the titans new unis, they're sharp, iconic and pay homage to the team's heritage:

af.9.jpg

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new unis for the titans???! say it ain't so!! i love that flaming thumbtack helmet logo!

The helmets won't change just the uniforms.

In 2008 the Titans 10th anniversary the team went 13-3 the best record in the NFL.

In 2018 the Titans 20th anniversary maybe they have the best record again.:D

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The helmets won't change just the uniforms.

In 2008 the Titans 10th anniversary the team went 13-3 the best record in the NFL.

In 2018 the Titans 20th anniversary maybe they have the best record again.:D

hopefully they tone it down a bit and make it more "old school"...I always thought the Titans unis were just too..."loud", not a fan of baby blue and navy blue on the same jersey

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in everything i was saying earlier is how thankful i am to have an NFL team as Tennessee didn't have an NFL team until 1999 the year the Titans were born and began play in Nashville.

The team is set to begin its 20th year in 2018 and our fans have been fortunate enough to enjoy plenty of winning football during that time. They had two straight years of losing in 2004 and 2005 and four straight years from 2012 through 2015 but other than that it was mostly winning.

It could be worse. Although the Browns have some of the best fans of any team they have had only two winning seasons 2002/2007 and one postseason 2002 since 1999. The Bills have had only two winning seasons 2004/2014 and no postseason berths since 1999. The Rams haven't had a winning season or postseason berth since 2003/2004 nearly 15 years prior. Since 2007 Jaguars have had no winning seasons or postseason berths a long decade of misery that includes 7 years with 11 losses or more thats a lot of losing.

The Browns,Bills,Rams and Jags fans have all been through hell but the really cruel thing is three of these teams Bills,Rams and Jags could be soon ending their postseason drought. All except the Browns who at 0-11 continue to lose at a rate no one has possibly ever seen at the NFL level. It almost seems like the Browns are cursed.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good hire. The Bucs have quite a bit of talent on their roster, not his fault their ownership changes coaches every 2 years. Now if Robinson can convince the team to hire someone other than Mularky, we're off and running!

He finally did it!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully they tone it down a bit and make it more "old school"...I always thought the Titans unis were just too..."loud", not a fan of baby blue and navy blue on the same jersey

I really liked the red alternates they used to have. I have a McNair one. It was sweet.

The powder blue alternates were a little loud.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in everything i was saying earlier is how thankful i am to have an NFL team as Tennessee didn't have an NFL team until 1999 the year the Titans were born and began play in Nashville.

The team is set to begin its 20th year in 2018 and our fans have been fortunate enough to enjoy plenty of winning football during that time. They had two straight years of losing in 2004 and 2005 and four straight years from 2012 through 2015 but other than that it was mostly winning.

It could be worse. Although the Browns have some of the best fans of any team they have had only two winning seasons 2002/2007 and one postseason 2002 since 1999. The Bills have had only two winning seasons 2004/2014 and no postseason berths since 1999. The Rams haven't had a winning season or postseason berth since 2003/2004 nearly 15 years prior. Since 2007 Jaguars have had no winning seasons or postseason berths a long decade of misery that includes 7 years with 11 losses or more thats a lot of losing.

The Browns,Bills,Rams and Jags fans have all been through hell but the really cruel thing is three of these teams Bills,Rams and Jags could be soon ending their postseason drought. All except the Browns who at 0-11 continue to lose at a rate no one has possibly ever seen at the NFL level. It almost seems like the Browns are cursed.

they're gonna get Darnold or Cousins and just load up. They'll end their drought by 2020.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson was a huge part of us getting back to winning. After a 4 year stretch of losing seasons from 2012 thru 2015 two big things happened a new QB Mariota and new GM Robinson. Both were responsible for Tennessee having 2 straight winning seasons and a playoff appearance and win last year. The franchise is looking upward and thats due to our GM bringing in good players.