• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to talk about the draft!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every team needs and many want a run stuffing DT that is solid.
Considering where we pick, it will take some luck to hit the right player.

coltonjg98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, we need to go DT in the second round. we need that run stuffer alongside mebane. in the third, i'd like to see us pick up marcus wheaton, or another good reciever. tate and baldwin's contracts expire after this season. in the later rounds we need to pick up a good LB, if JS sees any good talents that far back(we know he's good at that, kam...) and stack up that OL. thats my view on this draft.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. He's raw enough that he may just drop. But he's also athletically gifted enough that he could go far higher than projected. Guys like him are difficult to project.

A lot of mocks have the Niners selecting him at 31. I personally don't believe him to be a 1st rd pick. He's just too raw IMO to be a 1st round pick. He's definitely someone I think could become a GREAT 3-4 DE but I think it would take a couple seasons minimum to be able to get him to play up to his potential and by that point, he's already 28-29 yrs old.

If he's there in the middle of the 2nd round, I would be surprised.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every team needs and many want a run stuffing DT that is solid.
Considering where we pick, it will take some luck to hit the right player.

Yeah, the Hawks would be in better position to grab one if they were picking in the 1st round. But I've been checking different sites, scouting reports and all of that, and it seems to me that this draft is unusually rich in DT prospects (especially if you don't need a great pass rushing DT prospect like Richardson, Floyd, Latouie).