• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for Sims to be the focus

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When reports that Sims was considering transferring to WVU last summer, most of us probably started looking up his stat sheet. After he made his decision to transfer to WVU, Dana touted him as one of the most talented RB's he had worked with… while it was just a brief time… while he was the OC at UH.

There were reports of his NFL draft stock. He was named Big 12 newcomer of the year during the summer's media day event in Dallas.

And, if he hadn't proven himself to be 'The Man' before yesterday, he should have done so with his performance.

IMO, the kid has not had enough touches. He is a special talent, and like Tavon… he needs to get opportunities to make plays for this offense.

There are not a lot of difference makers on this year's team. He is one.

I can't wait to see him in Morgantown next week for the Texas game. While their defense has improved under Coach Greg Robinson, only OU provided much of a running threat. And, OU fell behind early in the game and abandoned the running game. ISU ran for over 200 yds against them in their narrow defeat.

It is time… let Sims be the man…

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
past time imo, we have needed to ride Sims like Arkansas rode McFadden a few years ago, in every way possible, including QB in some direct snap sets with Smith or Smallwood back there with him and at WR, the guy is a terror once he is in the defensive secondary, we MUST get him there.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there has been so much attention given to the QB to get him serviceable, that his talent was underutilized. The game plan against TT and Baylor consisted of the same strategy… to beat them over the top… that we forgot about him.

The KSU game was super frustrating.

So… I agree with you gold rusher… it is past time…

Let's correct this…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
past time imo, we have needed to ride Sims like Arkansas rode McFadden a few years ago, in every way possible, including QB in some direct snap sets with Smith or Smallwood back there with him and at WR, the guy is a terror once he is in the defensive secondary, we MUST get him there.

:agree::agree: I have said all year, that as the QB situation was sorting itself out, that this is a running team, they have several good running backs, and Sims is a hoss, I would wear him out in every game. Good things happen when he has the ball and just a little room.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should use him like we did tavon last year. RB and slot and use the jet sweep more often.