• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Anderson and Where he fits (or doesn't) in our Future

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that Anderson has still had his frustrating moments this season (especially defensively). However, he's really improved in the areas that hurt him most in 2017. He nearly has more walks this season than he did in his first two combined. He should wind-up K'ing a good deal less as well.

He's become a better base stealer too. Finally being able to utilize his speed on the base paths is a plus. He has 13 HR's and 15 SB's through 75 games. That's flirting with a 30/30 season if it continues. 20/20 or 20/30 is more likely... but still. It's worth noting what he's been doing.

.239/302/.436 (.738) is respectable. Especially if he can keep optimizing this new approach, maybe we have something?

I had nearly given up him. I still don't know what happens with Moncada/Madrigal/Anderson when it comes time. I suppose it depends on how Moncada/Anderson are playing. Madrigal seems pretty polished and I don't think he's a guy who will need a whole lot of time in the minors.

The consensus seems to be that we'll spend up in free agency at 3B. Arenado, Donaldson, Machado... all going on the market here soon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. However, it's good to see Anderson showing some life. Even if this team is currently an abomination.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has, long ago, become too painful to watch.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has, long ago, become too painful to watch.

Well, no shit...

But... this is kind of what we asked for when we wanted a rebuild. lol

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that Anderson has still had his frustrating moments this season (especially defensively). However, he's really improved in the areas that hurt him most in 2017. He nearly has more walks this season than he did in his first two combined. He should wind-up K'ing a good deal less as well.

He's become a better base stealer too. Finally being able to utilize his speed on the base paths is a plus. He has 13 HR's and 15 SB's through 75 games. That's flirting with a 30/30 season if it continues. 20/20 or 20/30 is more likely... but still. It's worth noting what he's been doing.

.239/302/.436 (.738) is respectable. Especially if he can keep optimizing this new approach, maybe we have something?

I had nearly given up him. I still don't know what happens with Moncada/Madrigal/Anderson when it comes time. I suppose it depends on how Moncada/Anderson are playing. Madrigal seems pretty polished and I don't think he's a guy who will need a whole lot of time in the minors.

The consensus seems to be that we'll spend up in free agency at 3B. Arenado, Donaldson, Machado... all going on the market here soon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. However, it's good to see Anderson showing some life. Even if this team is currently an abomination.

stop trying to put lipstick on a pig. yes, his walks are up but they aren't close to good. also his stolen bases are up but mostly because his doubles are way down. his average and ops are down from year one. his k's are virtually the same. and his fielding is ridiculous.

and again, the sox would be fools to spend the kind of money it would take to get machado or arenado. or over $20 million a year for a 'going downhill' donaldson. not gonna happen. hell, sanchez is having a better year!

i know you're just looking for some bright spots on this team but anderson and moncada are NOT bright spots. they show flashes, but that all. i'm guessing one of them is moved to make way for madrigal if they have any brains at all. this team is a lot further away from competing than i thought. stop fooling yourself richi.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stop trying to put lipstick on a pig. yes, his walks are up but they aren't close to good. also his stolen bases are up but mostly because his doubles are way down. his average and ops are down from year one. his k's are virtually the same. and his fielding is ridiculous.

and again, the sox would be fools to spend the kind of money it would take to get machado or arenado. or over $20 million a year for a 'going downhill' donaldson. not gonna happen. hell, sanchez is having a better year!

i know you're just looking for some bright spots on this team but anderson and moncada are NOT bright spots. they show flashes, but that all. i'm guessing one of them is moved to make way for madrigal if they have any brains at all. this team is a lot further away from competing than i thought. stop fooling yourself richi.

Well, that's why I'm asking. Isn't it? Lol. I acknowledge his struggles as well. He still K's a good deal

stop trying to put lipstick on a pig.

I will. Only if you promise to stop putting an unreasonably dark cloud over every tiny ray of sun.

How many times has Abreu's career been over, according to you? lol. I think that's an annual post of yours every time he has a couple bad weeks.

this team is a lot further away from competing than i thought. stop fooling yourself richi.

Uh... all I did was pose a question. I didn't even make a statement one way or another.

Maybe I'm in too much of a rush to look for positive signs, but you are the antithesis of that. So, I think you can take heed to some of your own advice, but in the opposite direction. Then we can possibly meet in the middle.

also his stolen bases are up but mostly because his doubles are way down

He has the highest slugging percentage of his career and the highest OPS+ of his career. He is pacing for only slightly less in the way of doubles compared to last year. I could also just as easily argue that his doubles are slightly down because his HR's are way up.

So, there's another one of your dark clouds. The guy's pacing for a 30 HR/30 SB season... so let's move the goal post and focus on his doubles. Despite his slugging being up and those balls in the gap from the previous two seasons going out of the yard. I suppose if they hit off the top of the wall for 2B's... you'd complain about his power plateauing?

anderson and moncada are NOT bright spots. they show flashes, but that all.

If you're expecting every top prospect to be a star player 490 AB's into his career. You're going to spend a lot of time being miserable.

Moncada already has surpassed Yolmer's career triple slash marks and OPS+... but you'll follow him to the edge of the Earth. While sticking your neck out for Jacob May last season when he was 1 for a month of Major League baseball.

I think you enjoy going left, when everybody else is going right. You enjoy shitting on the player's the average fan is excited over and praising the others. Just because... I don't know. You're cynical. Which I get. From what I gather, you've been watching this team for a lot longer than I have. I grew up in the 90's and got to see a title pretty early on in the game in 05.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's why I'm asking. Isn't it? Lol. I acknowledge his struggles as well. He still K's a good deal

stop trying to put lipstick on a pig.

I will. Only if you promise to stop putting an unreasonably dark cloud over every tiny ray of sun.

How many times has Abreu's career been over, according to you? lol. I think that's an annual post of yours every time he has a couple bad weeks.

this team is a lot further away from competing than i thought. stop fooling yourself richi.

Uh... all I did was pose a question. I didn't even make a statement one way or another.

Maybe I'm in too much of a rush to look for positive signs, but you are the antithesis of that. So, I think you can take heed to some of your own advice, but in the opposite direction. Then we can possibly meet in the middle.

also his stolen bases are up but mostly because his doubles are way down

He has the highest slugging percentage of his career and the highest OPS+ of his career. He is pacing for only slightly less in the way of doubles compared to last year. I could also just as easily argue that his doubles are slightly down because his HR's are way up.

So, there's another one of your dark clouds. The guy's pacing for a 30 HR/30 SB season... so let's move the goal post and focus on his doubles. Despite his slugging being up and those balls in the gap from the previous two seasons going out of the yard. I suppose if they hit off the top of the wall for 2B's... you'd complain about his power plateauing?

anderson and moncada are NOT bright spots. they show flashes, but that all.

If you're expecting every top prospect to be a star player 490 AB's into his career. You're going to spend a lot of time being miserable.

Moncada already has surpassed Yolmer's career triple slash marks and OPS+... but you'll follow him to the edge of the Earth. While sticking your neck out for Jacob May last season when he was 1 for a month of Major League baseball.

I think you enjoy going left, when everybody else is going right. You enjoy shitting on the player's the average fan is excited over and praising the others. Just because... I don't know. You're cynical. Which I get. From what I gather, you've been watching this team for a lot longer than I have. I grew up in the 90's and got to see a title pretty early on in the game in 05.

oh my! where do i begin?

1st, i don't think i have EVER ... EVER said abreu's career was over. the only thing i will admit to is, at his signing, i thought he was too old and too unproven at the major league level to spend $60 million on. i wouldn't have made the deal. but i also have admitted many times he's been worth every penny. so, keep your facts straight!

2nd, "this team is a lot further from competing than i thought" is MY thoughts... didn't suggest they were yours. the "stop fooling yourself richi" wasn't as suggestion you made any statement. it meant just what it says.

3rd, he does NOT have the highest slugging percentage nor the highest ops of his career. his slugging is virtually the same and his ops is down .004.

and you completely miss my point with your comment about his doubles. his stolen bases are up because he doesn't steal when he's already on second. with fewer doubles he has more opportunities to steal! no dark clouds .... only facts.

FOCUS richi! :)

4th, maybe he will do 30/30. doesn't matter to me if he's so bad at everything else. some fans ... maybe you, excused adam dunn because of his walks and hr's ... completely ignoring the fact he was a terrible detriment to the team. 30/30 doesn't impress me unless he can contribute in other ways like being on base for other hitters, fielding, not be a rally killer!

5th, sanchez was a 3.5 war player last year, his first full season. in his parts of 3 seasons moncada hasn't come close to that yet. sanchez is a 1.7 so far this season, mocada is at 1.2. odd you keep bringing up sanchez like he's some ridiculous comparison to moncada. never mind sanchez's near gold glove at 2nd vs the trash glove mancada brings. and who is the more versatile player, hmm?

you should stop doing that until/unless mancada becomes what you already think he is.

6th your reference to jacob may is embarrassing. this shows you're stretching and unsure of your own position. you know ... like trump, saying something that isn't true over and over does NOT make it true.

7th, what makes you think everyone is going right with you? are you joking? frankly, i think you're in the vast minority when it comes to the state of the white sox. you "positive" thinking fans have been shown wrong so many times it's become a joke. from your "positive" point of view i probably do look pessimistic. doesn't mean that's what i am. i've been right about all things sox far more than you. the fact is i am very pragmatic about this team. you've been unreasonable and idealistic. but hey, i get it. you're a rah rah team guy. no real harm in that. but don't begrudge me bringing you back down to earth from time to time. that way you won't be so disappointed at the end of every season. :D

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my! where do i begin?

1st, i don't think i have EVER ... EVER said abreu's career was over. the only thing i will admit to is, at his signing, i thought he was too old and too unproven at the major league level to spend $60 million on. i wouldn't have made the deal. but i also have admitted many times he's been worth every penny. so, keep your facts straight!

2nd, "this team is a lot further from competing than i thought" is MY thoughts... didn't suggest they were yours. the "stop fooling yourself richi" wasn't as suggestion you made any statement. it meant just what it says.

3rd, he does NOT have the highest slugging percentage nor the highest ops of his career. his slugging is virtually the same and his ops is down .004.

and you completely miss my point with your comment about his doubles. his stolen bases are up because he doesn't steal when he's already on second. with fewer doubles he has more opportunities to steal! no dark clouds .... only facts.

FOCUS richi! :)

4th, maybe he will do 30/30. doesn't matter to me if he's so bad at everything else. some fans ... maybe you, excused adam dunn because of his walks and hr's ... completely ignoring the fact he was a terrible detriment to the team. 30/30 doesn't impress me unless he can contribute in other ways like being on base for other hitters, fielding, not be a rally killer!

5th, sanchez was a 3.5 war player last year, his first full season. in his parts of 3 seasons moncada hasn't come close to that yet. sanchez is a 1.7 so far this season, mocada is at 1.2. odd you keep bringing up sanchez like he's some ridiculous comparison to moncada. never mind sanchez's near gold glove at 2nd vs the trash glove mancada brings. and who is the more versatile player, hmm?

you should stop doing that until/unless mancada becomes what you already think he is.

6th your reference to jacob may is embarrassing. this shows you're stretching and unsure of your own position. you know ... like trump, saying something that isn't true over and over does NOT make it true.

7th, what makes you think everyone is going right with you? are you joking? frankly, i think you're in the vast minority when it comes to the state of the white sox. you "positive" thinking fans have been shown wrong so many times it's become a joke. from your "positive" point of view i probably do look pessimistic. doesn't mean that's what i am. i've been right about all things sox far more than you. the fact is i am very pragmatic about this team. you've been unreasonable and idealistic. but hey, i get it. you're a rah rah team guy. no real harm in that. but don't begrudge me bringing you back down to earth from time to time. that way you won't be so disappointed at the end of every season. :D

1st, i don't think i have EVER ... EVER said abreu's career was over.

Wow... I am done. You have said multiple times that he is older than he claims and that's why he's declining. Other times that the league has figured him out. You are lying, sir. BULLFUCKINGSHIT dude. You are being dishonest - finding those posts shouldn't be too hard.

he does NOT have the highest slugging percentage nor the highest ops of his career. his slugging is virtually the same and his ops is down .004.

I said he had a higher OPS+ ... again... lying.

.251/.315/.752 is now his triple slash. Highest OBP and slugging of his career now. Has multiple hits in 3 straight games and stole another bag today.

frankly, i think you're in the vast minority when it comes to the state of the white sox.

What would that be? I merely think we have a good crop of young talent.

And that bitching like a child who has never experienced a rebuild is utterly juvenile. How long you been around, Iddy? Did you think they'd be good through a rebuild? WTF?

you "positive" thinking fans have been shown wrong so many times it's become a joke.

How am I positive? I've griped plenty about Renteria and the development. Not giving up on Moncada after 400 AB's doesn't make me positive. Lol

with fewer doubles he has more opportunities to steal!

This is mentally retarded. lol. His power is the highest of his career.

6th your reference to jacob may is embarrassing

No... it's merely to demonstrate that you will take any contrarian position which presents itself. It's right on the money and very relevant. This reference makes you panic, because it is right on point.

You're just an old, angry c*nt.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@idseer

Hey, look another lie.

5th, sanchez was a 3.5 war player last year, his first full season.

Yolmer played 120 games in 2015, had 389 AB's/420 PA's with an 0.8 WAR. Slashing .224/.268/.326 (.595 OPS)

Carlos Sanchez Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

Sanchez also had a 3.5 WAR season as a 25 year old with 1000 AB's under his belt. Moncada is two years younger than that with 400 AB's.

It's also funny that you're handpicking a season for Yolmer. When I could do the same for Anderson with 2016 and laud his 2.7 WAR. Not to mention, that his WAR just passed Yolmer's today.

in his parts of 3 seasons moncada hasn't come close to that yet. sanchez is a 1.7 so far this season, mocada is at 1.2.

But... but... you excused Yolmer for not playing a full season. 70 games is a good enough sample size for Moncada this year? :pound:

Oh yeah -- you're really telling it like it is!

the "stop fooling yourself richi" wasn't as suggestion you made any statement. it meant just what it says.

Except if I am merely posing a question -- how could I be fooling myself? I am looking for the answers. Not giving them.

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st, i don't think i have EVER ... EVER said abreu's career was over.

Wow... I am done. You have said multiple times that he is older than he claims and that's why he's declining. Other times that the league has figured him out. You are lying, sir. BULLFUCKINGSHIT dude. You are being dishonest - finding those posts shouldn't be too hard.

he does NOT have the highest slugging percentage nor the highest ops of his career. his slugging is virtually the same and his ops is down .004.

I said he had a higher OPS+ ... again... lying.

.251/.315/.752 is now his triple slash. Highest OBP and slugging of his career now. Has multiple hits in 3 straight games and stole another bag today.

frankly, i think you're in the vast minority when it comes to the state of the white sox.

And that bitching like a child who has never experienced a rebuild is utterly juvenile. How long you been around, Iddy? Did you think they'd be good through a rebuild? WTF?

you "positive" thinking fans have been shown wrong so many times it's become a joke.

How am I positive? I've griped plenty about Renteria and the development. Not giving up on Moncada after 400 AB's doesn't make me positive. Lol

with fewer doubles he has more opportunities to steal!

This is mentally retarded. lol. His power is the highest of his career.

6th your reference to jacob may is embarrassing

No... it's merely to demonstrate that you will take any contrarian position which presents itself. It's right on the money and very relevant. This reference makes you panic, because it is right on point.

You're just an old, angry c*nt.

You have said multiple times that he is older than he claims and that's why he's declining

this is a flat out lie. never said it and never said he was in decline. go find the posts then. ANY post where i say that. you are confusing me with someone else or just making this shit up to cover your ass. anyone else here recall me ever saying those things?
you are looking worse and worse.

we aren't TALKING about now you dimwit. we're talking about when i wrote it. you aren't fooling anyone. and you look like a dumb ass for trying to defend your bullshit.

and i 'merely' think there's absolutely NO proof of that. you merely think it because you merely WANT to think it.

How am I positive?

possibly the dumbest thing you've said in this whole discussion.

in reference to jacob may ..... It's right on the money etc ......

your insistance on lying about what i said about jacob may leads me to say this: i have it on good authority that you fucked your sister. i remember you bragging about it a couple years ago. i'm gonna check and see if i can find the post.

i'll just add ... how ignorant you are talking about his power when i was talking about his stolen bases.

too bad you were dumb enough to escalate this 'discussion' richi. you got butt hurt and just made things worse. you got any more lies to try and spread?