• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger's swing speed. It just makes no sense.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have me confused with those who broached the PED angle of this thread.

Mine has always been why is he swinging that hard and why is no body condemning it.

Fair enough - NP - my bad. On to the Masters in a few weeks....

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have me confused with those who broached the PED angle of this thread.

Mine has always been why is he swinging that hard and why is no body condemning it.

If that's the angle then the answer is that's how he's been playing golf for so long. We're not talking about Jim Furyk here. He played power golf for a long time and you just can't hit the reset button on that if you're talking about contending. I was surprised to see his approach the way it was the last two events given his body at this point. There's no way in hell he's going to go back to the game he played which has wrecked his body and last for an extended amount of time. But that's the swing he won just about everything else with so it makes sense that it's what he's going with right now.

If I would have tried this out of a bunker I would have been in traction:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the angle then the answer is that's how he's been playing golf for so long. We're not talking about Jim Furyk here. He played power golf for a long time and you just can't hit the reset button on that if you're talking about contending. I was surprised to see his approach the way it was the last two events given his body at this point. There's no way in hell he's going to go back to the game he played which has wrecked his body and last for an extended amount of time. But that's the swing he won just about everything else with so it makes sense that it's what he's going with right now.

If I would have tried this out of a bunker I would have been in traction:

That shot was something else. I am always amused watching clips from this era & seeing Steve Williams, and he always appears to be having a good time & is very happy in these clips. Then more recently this guys claims that he was treated "like a slave" - a well paid one I might add. What a dick.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough - NP - my bad. On to the Masters in a few weeks....

I went nuclear on my wife a week ago when I found out this wedding in California I have to go to is on Masters weekend.

This wedding is for 450 people ...they fucking won't even know I was there.