• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods Ryder Cup chances depend on next three tournments

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well go ahead and select Tiger! He can't be much worse; so far from what little I've seen of his playing the event! He'll be a name, but I'm not holding out hope he'll make a difference! Check his history!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe since the European team looks so much better on paper & the event is in Scotland this will actually be the time when the US wins. Regardless of the result - nothing can be more disappointing than that epic US choke job a few years ago. Tiger might just skip this just to get healthy - who knows. I just hope the other players put out their best effort for entire weekend.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hysterical that right after Watson put it on Tiger for him to make the decision that his health and game are ready for the cup ...Boom, he bows out.

So how is it that his doctor's cleared him to play in the PGA just 3 days after he could not even put on his shoes, that he already knows he can't play a month and a half away for the cup.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hysterical that right after Watson put it on Tiger for him to make the decision that his health and game are ready for the cup ...Boom, he bows out.

So how is it that his doctor's cleared him to play in the PGA just 3 days after he could not even put on his shoes, that he already knows he can't play a month and a half away for the cup.

he probably wasn't cleared by his doctors to begin with.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon - move on. Would you have been happier if Tiger decided to play and perhaps brought down the US team? People obsess on this way too much. Like I said with the PGA tourney - if Tiger played poorly the attn would eventually move away from him & we will all get to focus on good golf & that is exactly what happened.

Let's just put this to rest for at least the rest of the year since we won't be seeing Tiger in any tourneys of note until sometime next year at the earliest. Peace.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...RJ you can't just be happy he's not on the team...LOL, wow, do you have venom for this guy...was one of those women related to you?

Sorry...couldn't help it...lol!

Watson was in a no win position...the easiest thing to do was put it on Tiger, and THIS time the guy did the right thing and took himself out of it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...RJ you can't just be happy he's not on the team...LOL, wow, do you have venom for this guy...was one of those women related to you?

Sorry...couldn't help it...lol!

Watson was in a no win position...the easiest thing to do was put it on Tiger, and THIS time the guy did the right thing and took himself out of it.

Actually, the whole infidelity thing is not really something I have judged him all that much on. It all goes much farther back then that.

I really got into watching golf in the 90's. Pavin, Hass, Jacobsen, Sutton, Maggert, Lehman, Norman, Strange. I loved watching those guys. And I was really exited when Tiger came on the scene. I remember watching his amateur championship. He was in a playoff I think with this guy who's hot girlfriend was there. (lol ..I think that is the only reason i remember it)

Then one day I'm in the car and the sports guy on the radio says.. "Tiger 3 shots back at the Masters". And I was like ...well who the hell is in the lead???? That is were I really started to recent the hell out of Tiger. Half of it is the Tigerazation of golf (the double standard) and the other half is Tiger himself.

How many wins and Major's does Tiger need before he changes his cold, soulless, robotic, "I would eat your baby to make a birdie putt" routine? Would it kill him to flash a big smile when he steps out onto the first tee? Is there going to be a decade where Tiger is going to tell you the truth about anything?

And the fact that his doctor was arrested for selling steroids did not help much either.

All that aside, I can still look at Tiger's game objectively. I just ignore that fact that he is a creep will doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the whole infidelity thing is not really something I have judged him all that much on. It all goes much farther back then that.

I really got into watching golf in the 90's. Pavin, Hass, Jacobsen, Sutton, Maggert, Lehman, Norman, Strange. I loved watching those guys. And I was really exited when Tiger came on the scene. I remember watching his amateur championship. He was in a playoff I think with this guy who's hot girlfriend was there. (lol ..I think that is the only reason i remember it)

Then one day I'm in the car and the sports guy on the radio says.. "Tiger 3 shots back at the Masters". And I was like ...well who the hell is in the lead???? That is were I really started to recent the hell out of Tiger. Half of it is the Tigerazation of golf (the double standard) and the other half is Tiger himself.

How many wins and Major's does Tiger need before he changes his cold, soulless, robotic, "I would eat your baby to make a birdie putt" routine? Would it kill him to flash a big smile when he steps out onto the first tee? Is there going to be a decade where Tiger is going to tell you the truth about anything?

And the fact that his doctor was arrested for selling steroids did not help much either.

All that aside, I can still look at Tiger's game objectively. I just ignore that fact that he is a creep will doing it.

I think the one reason why I have remained a fan of the player is b/c I don't hold the media worshiping against him. I got a bit turned off by how he handles the galleries (stoic, not signing stuff) until I was in his gallery once and saw the madness up close. Then I realized, there's no way he could act the other players and I see how players in his group were effected by the galleries...in order to play at the level he did, you pretty much have to block everything else out.

I wish I still had the pic, but a good friend (a visual fine artist) of mine did some work for Alonzo Mourning and Alonzo knew my friend liked to play golf so he arranged an outing with Tiger...he only played 9 holes, but to hear him talk about Tiger in that kind of setting was interesting...he said was kind of a normal guy, but he wouldn't want to be in Tiger's shoes at all.

That said, I'm a fan of golf 1st and foremost...I'm glad Tiger is not on the team because his game sucks and this is the only time I have a true rooting interest in the sport.