• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods cited for DUI

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0.0 for the BAL correct

But he was sooooo fucked up. See the video.

I heard all of the talking heads in the media ... very very few laid any blame on Tiger for this because
he had no alcohol in his system. There is no excuse for any adult to be in this condition behind the wheel.

He had fresh damage to his car so at some point he lost control of his vehicle.

So all the reports were wrong saying that he was drunk. But yes the video certainly does make him look intoxicated. However prescription and non prescription drugs have the same affect.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think news agencies saw Tiger got a DUI and automatically assumed alcohol was involved and reported as such. They didn't say for sure that it was, but they alluded to it being the cause. Then the real facts came out and they had to back off.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all the reports were wrong saying that he was drunk. But yes the video certainly does make him look intoxicated. However prescription and non prescription drugs have the same affect.

Yep. There is a tendency among many people to view prescription drugs as not being as bad as alcohol or illegal drugs, but their effects can be as bad or worse than both of these & their usage is through the roof (applied correctly in many cases but not so in many others).

It will be interesting when all of the facts come out on this one. Sure these could all have been legit, prescribed dosages. However - why was Tiger driving on his own in the middle of the night when you have to assume that he was in bad shape when he entered his car or well before that time. I don't think that he was fine when he entered his car & - poof - he suddenly becomes totally incoherent. You also have to wonder about his friends, family, etc who let him drive in this condition. I highly doubt that he was on his own when he entered the car.

Lots of facts that should come out in the weeks, months ahead on this one which provide some insight & if nothing else provide a cautionary tale to many about the effects of prescription drugs.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. There is a tendency among many people to view prescription drugs as not being as bad as alcohol or illegal drugs, but their effects can be as bad or worse than both of these & their usage is through the roof (applied correctly in many cases but not so in many others).

It will be interesting when all of the facts come out on this one. Sure these could all have been legit, prescribed dosages. However - why was Tiger driving on his own in the middle of the night when you have to assume that he was in bad shape when he entered his car or well before that time. I don't think that he was fine when he entered his car & - poof - he suddenly becomes totally incoherent. You also have to wonder about his friends, family, etc who let him drive in this condition. I highly doubt that he was on his own when he entered the car.

Lots of facts that should come out in the weeks, months ahead on this one which provide some insight & if nothing else provide a cautionary tale to many about the effects of prescription drugs.

Well I heard he is cheap and doesn't pay for rides. and Also (granted I've never done it) but even when you are under the influence of anything you think you can still do everything. He probably wasn't even thinking, "Hey, I can't drive, I'm screwed up".

Hell a buddy of mine was so drunk one time he drove from a party to his house (about 3 miles away) and he said, "I looked down to change the radio station and the next thing I know I'm at my house"

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I heard he is cheap and doesn't pay for rides. and Also (granted I've never done it) but even when you are under the influence of anything you think you can still do everything. He probably wasn't even thinking, "Hey, I can't drive, I'm screwed up".

Hell a buddy of mine was so drunk one time he drove from a party to his house (about 3 miles away) and he said, "I looked down to change the radio station and the next thing I know I'm at my house"

Tiger Woods is incredibly cheap.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Most Absurd Tiger Woods Anecdote From Hank Haney's New Book Involves A Popsicle

Tiger Woods only cares about his own needs, and that's part of what makes him a great player, Hank Haney argues in his new book, "The Big Miss."

To demonstrate this point, Haney tells an absurd, admittedly petty story about Tiger hoarding popsicles after dinner.

According to Haney, Tiger would sometimes grab a sugar-free popsicle when the two of them were watching TV together at night. But he would only get one for himself, and never ask Haney if he wanted one.

This irked him because he "really wanted one of those popsicles," yet he couldn't figure out how to ask for one.

Eventually Haney worked up the courage to ask, and Tiger told him he could grab one.

Then, Haney writes:

I did, but even after that, Tiger never offered me a popsicle.

This is totally ridiculous (and will probably become some sort of meme). But there's one legitimate takeaway from the "popsicle story": Even Tiger's coach and friend was so intimidated by him that something as little as asking for a snack was an anxiety-inducing experience.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Most Absurd Tiger Woods Anecdote From Hank Haney's New Book Involves A Popsicle

Tiger Woods only cares about his own needs, and that's part of what makes him a great player, Hank Haney argues in his new book, "The Big Miss."

To demonstrate this point, Haney tells an absurd, admittedly petty story about Tiger hoarding popsicles after dinner.

According to Haney, Tiger would sometimes grab a sugar-free popsicle when the two of them were watching TV together at night. But he would only get one for himself, and never ask Haney if he wanted one.

This irked him because he "really wanted one of those popsicles," yet he couldn't figure out how to ask for one.

Eventually Haney worked up the courage to ask, and Tiger told him he could grab one.

Then, Haney writes:

I did, but even after that, Tiger never offered me a popsicle.

This is totally ridiculous (and will probably become some sort of meme). But there's one legitimate takeaway from the "popsicle story": Even Tiger's coach and friend was so intimidated by him that something as little as asking for a snack was an anxiety-inducing experience.

The Secret History of Tiger Woods

WHILE HE MADE friends with some of the SEALs, many of their fellow operators didn't know why Tiger wanted to play soldier. It rubbed them the wrong way. Guys saw him doing the fun stuff, shooting guns and jumping out of airplanes, but never the brutal, awful parts of being a SEAL, soaking for hours in hypothermic waters, so covered in sand and grit that the skin simply grinds away. One year during hell week, a BUD/S candidate collapsed, his body temperature below 90 degrees; the man, a former wrestler, would rather have frozen to death than quit.

Was Tiger willing to do that?

"Tiger Woods never got wet and sandy," says former SEAL and current Montana congressman Ryan Zinke, who ran the training facility during the years Tiger came around. The BUD/S instructors didn't like the way Tiger talked about how he'd have been a SEAL if he didn't choose golf. "I just reached out to the guys I know who jumped with him and interacted with him," says a retired SEAL. "Not a single one wants to have any involvement, or have their name mentioned in the press anywhere near his. His interactions with the guys were not always the most stellar, and most were very underwhelmed with him as a man."

Then there's the story of the lunch, which spread throughout the Naval Special Warfare community. Guys still tell it, almost a decade later. Tiger and a group of five or six went to a diner in La Posta. The waitress brought the check and the table went silent, according to two people there that day. Nobody said anything and neither did Tiger, and the other guys sort of looked at one another.

Finally one of the SEALs said, "Separate checks, please."

The waitress walked away.

"We are all baffled," says one SEAL, a veteran of numerous combat deployments. "We are sitting there with Tiger f---ing Woods, who probably makes more than all of us combined in a day. He's shooting our ammo, taking our time. He's a weird f---ing guy. That's weird s---. Something's wrong with you."

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Secret History of Tiger Woods

WHILE HE MADE friends with some of the SEALs, many of their fellow operators didn't know why Tiger wanted to play soldier. It rubbed them the wrong way. Guys saw him doing the fun stuff, shooting guns and jumping out of airplanes, but never the brutal, awful parts of being a SEAL, soaking for hours in hypothermic waters, so covered in sand and grit that the skin simply grinds away. One year during hell week, a BUD/S candidate collapsed, his body temperature below 90 degrees; the man, a former wrestler, would rather have frozen to death than quit.

Was Tiger willing to do that?

"Tiger Woods never got wet and sandy," says former SEAL and current Montana congressman Ryan Zinke, who ran the training facility during the years Tiger came around. The BUD/S instructors didn't like the way Tiger talked about how he'd have been a SEAL if he didn't choose golf. "I just reached out to the guys I know who jumped with him and interacted with him," says a retired SEAL. "Not a single one wants to have any involvement, or have their name mentioned in the press anywhere near his. His interactions with the guys were not always the most stellar, and most were very underwhelmed with him as a man."

Then there's the story of the lunch, which spread throughout the Naval Special Warfare community. Guys still tell it, almost a decade later. Tiger and a group of five or six went to a diner in La Posta. The waitress brought the check and the table went silent, according to two people there that day. Nobody said anything and neither did Tiger, and the other guys sort of looked at one another.

Finally one of the SEALs said, "Separate checks, please."

The waitress walked away.

"We are all baffled," says one SEAL, a veteran of numerous combat deployments. "We are sitting there with Tiger f---ing Woods, who probably makes more than all of us combined in a day. He's shooting our ammo, taking our time. He's a weird f---ing guy. That's weird s---. Something's wrong with you."

bwaahaha whatta chud ol' eldrick is. i was no special operations guy myself when i was in the army, but being airborne and in airborne units, i worked with the SF guys and Rangers aplenty, and i can just imagine those Seals' outright disgust and contempt for Woods' trying to tag along to play "johnny badass" for a day. and to not take the check?? good GOD...if i'm tiger, i have a rep call the restaurant ahead of time and make sure to bill everything to me and then some. i remember the first time i heard about these accounts, it was from jim rome putting tiger on blast, lol. rome is usually a tool and i hate his show, but i'm glad i flipped to his station that day.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0.0 for the BAL correct

But he was sooooo fucked up. See the video.

I heard all of the talking heads in the media ... very very few laid any blame on Tiger for this because
he had no alcohol in his system. There is no excuse for any adult to be in this condition behind the wheel.

He had fresh damage to his car so at some point he lost control of his vehicle.

If Tiger is taking this amount of medication to not feel any pain right now, then he is in some serious fucking pain. He should have his license suspended.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tiger is taking this amount of medication to not feel any pain right now, then he is in some serious fucking pain. He should have his license suspended.
Without the knowledge of his recommended dosages and how much he takes on a day to day basis it's tough to make that call don't you think?

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the knowledge of his recommended dosages and how much he takes on a day to day basis it's tough to make that call don't you think?

About losing his license? He can get chauffeured around. He is not in control of himself right now. He puts his life and others' lives at risk.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About losing his license? He can get chauffeured around. He is not in control of himself right now. He puts his life and others' lives at risk.
I would leave that up to whether he was intentionally drugging himself up or whether it was something unforeseen and he would be expected to have use of his faculties with the dosage he had.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would leave that up to whether he was intentionally drugging himself up or whether it was something unforeseen and he would be expected to have use of his faculties with the dosage he had.

Yep - folks just need to wait another month or two when the entire story comes out. It could be he was taking these legitimately or he could be hooked on em - who knows. Will be interesting to see the details as they unfold.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would it be unforeseen? All of those types of drugs have warnings on the bottles about not driving or operating heavy machinery until you know the affects on you because they all can cause drowsiness, dizziness, blackouts, etc, etc...and combining them amplifies those affects. Alcohol increases those affects too but that appears not to be a factor here since he blew a 0.0.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - folks just need to wait another month or two when the entire story comes out. It could be he was taking these legitimately or he could be hooked on em - who knows. Will be interesting to see the details as they unfold.

This is the part I don't get.

If he is addicted to pain killers as a direct result of pain management, how is that a pass for putting himself in a situation that he could have killed someone?

Both driver side tires were blown out with big cracks in his metal rims. It was like he hit a curb doing 45.
Instead of a curb, it could have been a kid on a bike.

There is no further evidence that needs to come out. You have a man that was behind the wheel of a vehicle
in a mentally & physically incapacitated state. There is no evidence that will come out that will prevent Tiger for being responsible for what he did.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger made rich people more money ..the PGA & Pro golfers.
All I got was higher greens fees & longer waits at the first during the Tiger era.

Jeff Maggert did more for me than Tiger ever did.

It created a lot of over-building of courses in anticipation of a boom that fizzled out around here. A lot of the private clubs are offering daily play options for non-members. Public courses are fighting for business. It's a buyers market for playing golf here. I suppose it's different elsewhere.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tiger has been taking pain meds for years. I think he knows exactly what to take and how much to take for it to have whatever effect he's shooting for. I think he knew that he was wasted and I think he knew he would get wasted when he put the pills in his mouth. He isn't new to them. He gets no pass from me because they were "prescription meds".

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger has been taking pain meds for years. I think he knows exactly what to take and how much to take for it to have whatever effect he's shooting for. I think he knew that he was wasted and I think he knew he would get wasted when he put the pills in his mouth. He isn't new to them. He gets no pass from me because they were "prescription meds".

I'm surprised we haven't gotten the rehab announcement yet.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think news agencies saw Tiger got a DUI and automatically assumed alcohol was involved and reported as such. They didn't say for sure that it was, but they alluded to it being the cause. Then the real facts came out and they had to back off.
So in your opinion it's okay that he was impaired by drugs instead of alcohol.