• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger is officially lurking.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only annoying part for me is that golf courses are going to be busier this year now that Tiger is back.
I call it the Tiger effect.

My league had a waiting list for team wanting to join when he was up, we've had several spots open the last few years.

Coincidence?....maybe.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Spieth who is currently 10 strokes behind Tiger playing in the same group? Look - if you are so golf savvy you would realize that all the top players have their ups and downs & each can have great weeks and poor weeks. This is also a sport where players can be competitive in the big events at an advanced age. Tom Watson almost won a major when he was pushing 60. Mickelson just won the latest PGA event.

Can Tiger win another major or even another event? Who knows. I just know that I root for him & enjoy watching him & I am not going to apologize to you or anyone else because of that. This is just like any other sport - folks root for different teams & different players - not sure why it gets under you skin so much. Give it a rest - go root for whoever you like while the rest of us root for our favorite players. Peace.
I never told you who to root for so I don't know why you decided to unload on me. I just stated that Tiger may not win another Major and that's just my opinion. Try not to be so sensitive when a person disagrees with you.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only annoying part for me is that golf courses are going to be busier this year now that Tiger is back.
Our course have been busy with or without Tiger playing in the PGA. Folks that love golf don't quit the sport just because Tiger isn't playing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GNG gonna be pissed.
Actually I'm happy for him. I never said I disliked Tiger, I only said that I believe he may not win another major. You tend to overreact to anything I post on here.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I'm happy for him. I never said I disliked Tiger, I only said that I believe he may not win another major. You tend to overreact to anything I post on here.

I guess this is one of those tournaments he might win with a weak field.

Where'd Speith finish this week?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spieth hasn't looked sharp so far this season. He's missing putts he routinely used to make and he seems to lack concentration.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spieth hasn't looked sharp so far this season. He's missing putts he routinely used to make and he seems to lack concentration.

His coach is spending too much time being his own celebrity...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tiger could win two or three PGA tour events this year but I doubt he'll win a Major.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our course have been busy with or without Tiger playing in the PGA. Folks that love golf don't quit the sport just because Tiger isn't playing.

Yeah, I was wondering wtf those guys were talking about.

Accusing others of over-reacting is weak as fuck esp when you backpedal from I'll go out on a limb and say that Tiger will never win another major to I only said that I believe he may not win another major. You're a Tiger hater and you've been a bit of a dick about it and you may deny that claim all you'd like but that's pretty much it.

I don't love or hate Tiger these days but the coverage has been annoying. There are other players who deserve their due recognition.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is....Tiger Woods obviously moves the needle maybe more than the rest of the entire field combined. Cameras and crowds want to follow his every move. He's gonna get over covered AFAIC, and I can accept it. I never cared for him, but I respect his game, and at its peak, there probably was no other player in history that could match him.

He looks to be heading in the right direction, but first things first. Forget about competing....I want to see him complete tournaments, and not limp off the course. If he's truly over the injury bug....then lets see what he does on the weekend. I'll believe he can win again....if he wins again.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was wondering wtf those guys were talking about.

Accusing others of over-reacting is weak as fuck esp when you backpedal from I'll go out on a limb and say that Tiger will never win another major to I only said that I believe he may not win another major. You're a Tiger hater and you've been a bit of a dick about it and you may deny that claim all you'd like but that's pretty much it.

I don't love or hate Tiger these days but the coverage has been annoying. There are other players who deserve their due recognition.

Even as a Tiger fan I agree with your last statement. However - no doubt this comes from pressure from the networks to drive up ratings. This also is part of the trend of limiting sports coverage to the same topics - Tiger, LeBron, Ball brothers, National Anthem, etc - & one of the primary reasons is to fuel the infinite # of talk shows (e.g. First Take) on the various networks. I don't believe that this will change anytime soon.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never told you who to root for so I don't know why you decided to unload on me. I just stated that Tiger may not win another Major and that's just my opinion. Try not to be so sensitive when a person disagrees with you.

Perhaps I misread some of your comments but also don't take my comments the wrong way. I am not really riled up or upset at the comments made here & elsewhere. I am just stating that I am going to root the same regardless - no big deal. I also stand by my statement that nobody really knows how Tiger will perform moving forward - could go great, horribly or somewhere in the middle. Time will tell.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I misread some of your comments but also don't take my comments the wrong way. I am not really riled up or upset at the comments made here & elsewhere. I am just stating that I am going to root the same regardless - no big deal. I also stand by my statement that nobody really knows how Tiger will perform moving forward - could go great, horribly or somewhere in the middle. Time will tell.
I have my opinion on this.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lurking-Tiger.jpg

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 back, 2nd to last group on Sunday. Could be fun.

Saw his clubhead speed on 14 was 129. Fastest on tour this year.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 back, 2nd to last group on Sunday. Could be fun.

Saw his clubhead speed on 14 was 129. Fastest on tour this year.

For real? He's not a pup anymore.

Not sure that's a good idea anyway, isn't that how he got all his injuries? Torquing the fuck out of his back and knees?

Reactions: GNG

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure that's a good idea anyway, isn't that how he got all his injuries? Torquing the fuck out of his back and knees?

And with a fused back.... :omg:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is part robot now.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going all out, full throttle from weird spots, like he did from under that one tree at Augusta, should be a no no. Only time will tell if he has the discipline to back off of those.

129 mph is still szssikk! I don’t know how long he can achieve that type of speed.