• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger is officially lurking.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drunk people yelling your wife's name ...

Rory brought this on himself. Starts with shit like this - I was at the ryder cup in Minny. If you don't want fans to bark at you, don't start doing the Hulk Hogan

mcilroy-rory7591.jpg

2016100313060250924.jpg

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory brought this on himself. Starts with shit like this - I was at the ryder cup in Minny. If you don't want fans to bark at you, don't start doing the Hulk Hogan

mcilroy-rory7591.jpg

2016100313060250924.jpg

If you can't understand the different dynamics of a Ryder cup and a regular tournament then this discussion is pointless.

And besides, this should allow fans to yell anything that want at a golf tournament?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't understand the different dynamics of a Ryder cup and a regular tournament then this discussion is pointless.

And besides, this should allow fans to yell anything that want at a golf tournament?

LOL. Yeah the Ryder cup crowd is rowdier so talking shit to the crowd and saying "I can't hear you" probably isn't a good idea. Those are fans that drink and some will start barking back. Doesn't matter when or where or what.

Guess you don't understand how talking shit works. Dishing is fine as long as you can take it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit you're a moron.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Ryder Cup is an entirely different ballgame. Golf fans with any sense understand and respect that.

True .....but some saw that reaction as over the top and feel that fans are now justified in going after him.

But what they fail to remember is what was going on at that Ryder cup the day before.
His reaction was born out of his frustration with fans who had crossed the line the day before.

Oct 1, 2016

"Rory McIlroy had a fan ejected from the course after being on the end of an expletive-filled outburst from the gallery, while Sergio Garcia angrily criticized the conduct of the home supporters.

“The have been quite poor, I’m not going to lie,” Garcia said after the United States ended day two leading 9 1/2 to 6 1/2. “It’s unfortunate. I like America and I have an American girlfriend (Angela Akins). I feel ashamed for my girlfriend because I know how bad she feels when they tell us these things.”

McIlroy was heckled by a vocal antagonist between the 7th green and 8th tee during his fourballs match with Thomas Pieters against the American pairing of Brooks Koepka/Dustin Johnson.

Upon hearing the insults, McIlroy spun around instantly and strode toward the ropes separating the crowd from the path between the holes. He looked into the crowd, identified the culprit and yelled: “Get him out of here.”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Ryder Cup is an entirely different ballgame. Golf fans with any sense understand and respect that.

Doesn't matter. You ask for the home crowd to hollar when you do the ear cup and say I can't hear you -- you're asking for trouble as a golfer. I personally would not yell at a guy while swinging or hollar his wife's name.

But I wouldn't tell a Ryder cup crowd on the biggest stage where everyone's watching that they're not being loud enough or whatever shit he was talking.

Rory brought some of this on himself