• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Thursday night football. Stay or go?

Thursday Night Football Should...

• Continue, I love it.

• Stop. It's causing too many injuries and usually the games suck.

• Vajeen potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 saints lost last night. brees is pissed, as are most of the players who have to turn around and play 3-4 days later again.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vote and discuss

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy it.

Injuries happen.

Falcons finished pretty unscathed last night outside of Coleman and maybe someone else, but that's football.

Saints were dropping like flies though, but I'm not sure how much, if any, of that can be actually blamed on the short week. Besides, they are have extra days off to recover, and prepare for the Jets.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't going anywhere...

get-money.gif

broke-fairlyoddparents-burning-money-gif-4486655

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we can blame the concussion injuries on the short week but the short turnaround definitely has an effect on soft tissue injuries, imo. Especially for the team having to travel. If a player has a slightly pulled groin or other minor flare up from Sunday, there is no way it has had time to heal or be treated properly. And then having to fly always compounds that issue a little.
AS for the game itself, I could care less if they play. I rarely last the whole game anyway and I find the entertainment value isn't really there. They should dump it but I doubt they will unless the players union really makes a stand in the next collective bargaining agreement and forces the owners hand on the issue.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we can blame the concussion injuries on the short week but the short turnaround definitely has an effect on soft tissue injuries, imo. Especially for the team having to travel. If a player has a slightly pulled groin or other minor flare up from Sunday, there is no way it has had time to heal or be treated properly. And then having to fly always compounds that issue a little.
AS for the game itself, I could care less if they play. I rarely last the whole game anyway and I find the entertainment value isn't really there. They should dump it but I doubt they will unless the players union really makes a stand in the next collective bargaining agreement and forces the owners hand on the issue.

Many years ago, on a Monday, day after Giants and Cowboys played, i Happened to walk right by Deion Sanders in NYC heading into some radio show

Guy could barely move, walking so gingerly, and he wasn't even hurt, just general soreness from the game

Always think of that when I watch these Thursday games, can't imagine these guy's bodies are close to ready after a Sunday game

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be no reason Football is played on any day of the week aside from Sunday and Monday. Thursday Night Football should be for Thanksgiving week. That's it. However, there's no way the NFL stops it because of greed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy it

But it's gotta go

I disagree. It should stay but we don't need games every freaking Thursday

Bye weeks this years were from weeks 5-11 so IMO, TNF should only be played after bye weeks for both teams. Therefore that would give us 9 weeks of football on Thursday if you include opening night and thanksgiving. That's enough TNF IMO. We don't need TNF running from weeks 1-15

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. It should stay but we don't need games every freaking Thursday

Bye weeks this years were from weeks 5-11 so IMO, TNF should only be played after bye weeks for both teams. Therefore that would give us 9 weeks of football on Thursday if you include opening night and thanksgiving. That's enough TNF IMO. We don't need TNF running from weeks 1-15

If the math Works, Im all for it

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both teams were coming off the bye, then the playing field would be leveled

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they should have thursday night games until Thanksgiving and then for remainder of the season. And they should only be divisional rivalry games, so most games would be worth watching no matter the records. Every team has something to play for this time of year, even if it is spoiler. How great would it be to see the Giants this week beat the Cowboys basically eliminating their playoff chances.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you guys on the bye week. It's really the only way this thing works that the players and owners could agree on. It would take some creative scheduling and they need to dump the London games as well, imo. That long plane trip and jet lag can't be good for anybody in a sport this physical.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the game has meaning (like last night) it was fun to watch. But if we had the Browns/49ers the "watching paint dry" show on your public access channel would have higher ratings.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they should only be divisional rivalry games, so most games would be worth watching no matter the records.

Divisional games attract regional audiences. They want these games to attract national audiences.

That said, most of the Thursday games this season have been sucky matchups.

Last night at the bar, it wasn't until the second intermission of the Bruins game that anyone asked to put football on.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Divisional games attract regional audiences. They want these games to attract national audiences.

That said, most of the Thursday games this season have been sucky matchups.

Last night at the bar, it wasn't until the second intermission of the Bruins game that anyone asked to put football on.
shocker.....boston sports fans prefer boston teams :hmm: