• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Season

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail

Insight Bowl, whoopie! :pound:

The match up though is interesting as it will be a BIG TEN team. Stoops has never faced a BIG TEN team while head coach at OU.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitiful, just pitiful. I usually am optomistic but after the bedlam game....they just blow. Landry, really, really, really needs to go. Sad news is he is only a Junior. Landry only seems to get worse over the years. He is a 3 year starter but plays like a freshman with a few games under his belt.

I did like it when OU's lone score was from Blake Bell, and not Jones. Thought that was a bit amusing.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is terrible as well. I am not one to bag on Venerables, and never really have...but they are terrible. OU is giving up a record amount of yardage. Opponets have all day and can sit in the pocket and I don't even know if we have a secondary. the LB's other than Wort, well I really don't know were to begin. I imagine Stoops will make some changes in the off-season. He was going off on his assistants, and he never goes off on his assistants. It's finally getting to him.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 season was exciting. Texas AM and Oklahoma were the big dissapointments. Kansas St, Baylor and Oklahoma St were surprises. Best top to bottom conference in Div 1. Only Kansas was really bad.

By contrast the SEC had 2 teams, but they were vastly superior to everyone else.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 season was exciting. Texas AM and Oklahoma were the big dissapointments. Kansas St, Baylor and Oklahoma St were surprises. Best top to bottom conference in Div 1. Only Kansas was really bad.

By contrast the SEC had 2 teams, but they were vastly superior to everyone else.

Kansas beat the Mac champ too

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail
Insight Bowl, whoopie! :pound:

The match up though is interesting as it will be a BIG TEN team. Stoops has never faced a BIG TEN team while head coach at OU.

Pitiful, just pitiful. I usually am optomistic but after the bedlam game....they just blow. Landry, really, really, really needs to go. Sad news is he is only a Junior. Landry only seems to get worse over the years. He is a 3 year starter but plays like a freshman with a few games under his belt.

I did like it when OU's lone score was from Blake Bell, and not Jones. Thought that was a bit amusing.

I agree sirs

oh wait you were talking about Oklahoma's season I thought you were talking about the college football season as a whole

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree sirs

oh wait you were talking about Oklahoma's season I thought you were talking about the college football season as a whole

Well this is the SportsHoopla's University of Oklahoma message board room....so when someone ask's about the season they aren't talking about UConn or Florida.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before Whaley got hurt the running game was inconsistent. I don't understand how OU cannot have a consistent running game anymore. It's like all the line knows how to do is form a pocket for a QB and hope he makes a completion. And those sideline passes that never go anywhere or lose yardage are getting old.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts a little more this year because I was convinced that if we were to make a solid run, THIS was the year to do it.

Landry finished strong last year, we had Broyles coming back accompanied by Stills, and Hanna...Millard and Finch & Company in the backfield...and I thought we would have enough talent and depth on defense to win the high scoring Big XII games.

I don't have to spell it out for you guys, you seen it too.

The buck stops with Mr. Stoops.

For his sake, I hope he shakes things up a little bit.