• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Sooners drafted?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Johnson 1st round #4 overall - Eagles
Landry Jones 4th round - Steelers
Kenny Stills 5th round - Saints
Justin Brown 6th round - Steelers
Stacy McGee 6th round - Raiders
David King 7th round - Eagles

:suds:

Gratz to Lane. That makes 13 first rounders Stoops has delivered since he arrived on campus. :yahoo:

I think Kenny will make an impact right away in New Orleans. Drew Breeze loves to through to the slot.

Landry will fit into the back up role nicely in Pittsburgh. Batch and Leftwich are old and drafting Jones puts a nail in the coffin on one of their careers in Pitt.

Happy for Brown, he goes back home to Pennsylvaina after a crazy last year in his career.

MgGee and King getting drafted is nice. I don't think they will be much of an impact but you never know.

Tom Wort was not drafted and it didnt surprise me. He should have stayed another year.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Breeze likes to throw, yeah :lol: :smokin:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't all of them leave? This thread is confusing.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for Brown, he goes back home to Pennsylvaina after a crazy last year in his career.

he had as may catches in his 1 year at OU as he did in 3 at PSU and he also blossomed as a returner. He will do well.

As for LJ, we shall see. I'm not convinced he will make it in the pros.

Wort signed as an FA with Tennessee and yes, I agree he should have stayed another year.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised that Jefferson didn't get drafted.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking he left too early, but ya, surprised he wasn't drafted.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised that Jefferson didn't get drafted.

True...wow. Makes you wonder who he was talking to. A meme with Tom Wort and Tony Jefferson titled "Epic Fail" should be made.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wort knew he would have to try to make a team as a free agent but I think Jefferson thought he would be a mid round guy.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Dilfer's comments as an ESPN analyst after Landry's selection by the Steelers:
“I went through all Landry Jones’ 2012 film and I just disregarded it. I do not hold him accountable for what happened last year. The offense is a joke. It’s spitball. The receivers are brutal. The playcalling is brutal. They take him out in the red zone, they never let him get into a flow. My final grade on Landry Jones is go back to 2011, he’s a high-ceiling guy. I like a lot about him. I hate what they did with him in 2012…The whole offense is built around getting flashy numbers and not scoring points.”

I kind of agree with the bald goober. I NEVER liked the reliance on the Belldozer. Since Bradford's departure the offense had become one that was good outside the 20 but once inside the redzone we would too often get weird and conservative. But I don't agree that Landry is a "high ceiling" guy. I think he has the skills but not the mentality to be an NFL QB. He never showed me that he had the ability to handle pressure. This last season it got to the point where when OU got behind, I had no confidence the Sooners could come back. And I DO NOT like that feeling. Just sayin'.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could agree with Trent up to a point then he pulled a...ooh you dumbshit...moment.

The whole offense is built around getting flashy numbers and not scoring points.”

38.15ppg 15th in the nation and 91% red zone efficiency

Just what exactly is he smoking:wtf2:

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could agree with Trent up to a point then he pulled a...ooh you dumbshit...moment.

38.15ppg 15th in the nation and 91% red zone efficiency

Just what exactly is he smoking:wtf2:

69% in the red zone for touchdowns. Granted, that's not terrible, but a good offense will score 75% or more (touchdowns) in the red zone. What is more important is how OU does in the red zone against good teams.

The 4 final ranked teams OU faced last year were KSU, UT, ND and A&M. We went 1-3 and were 10/20 in red zone touchdowns and averaged 27 points per game. And really, those numbers are skewed big time because of the Texas game....6/8 in red zone touchdowns and 63 points.

Against KSU, ND and A&M we were 4/12 in red zone touchdowns and averaged 15 points per game. That's sad imo.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Dilfer to a point. I get nervous when OU gets in the red zone, more often than not their drives stall out and they have to attempt a fg. I remember watching the OSU game last year when Bell punched it in at the end. I was nervous as hell. The A&M goal line stand from a few years ago comes to mind.