• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on our draft so far

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people thought and are probably thinking the Dolphins are missing out on filling some needs over positions that aren't necessarily needs- But, this draft showing us just how much control and say AG already has in the process. We are going after fast RBs and WRs that he wants to develop and that fit into his offensive scheme.

I like all of our picks thus far and feel they make perfect sense.

We still have some picks where we can fill a couple of the other holes. There is also undrafted free agents which we often find gems in -- and still many other ways to add to our team. This is only one part of the process and we are doing well in it. More to come

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first few picks I think are good 1 through 3, If Tunsil can perform up to his talent, he is steal, just hope he doesn't flame out. Picks and trades after 3rd I question.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Fins seem to have a vision for what they are looking for in the types of players they have added. DC Vance Joseph is getting the type of DBs that he wants. I think that is a good thing. Also I see a pattern of fast playmakers that have been added. I think the Fins have added guys on offense that could cause matchup problems. Drake & Grant will be tough to cover because of their quickness. Carroo is a very productive player also. All three of these guys can return kicks very well. This will enable Landry to focus more on his WR duties. I think Coach Gase has played a part in getting the types of players that he wants. The Front Office staff seem to be listening to what the coaches want. RE Tunsil: Before the draft many Fins fans have been concerned about the Fins Oline (myself included) It is now one of the best units on the team. The Fins seem to be picking players based upon proven production at their various positions & that is usually better than picking players based upon unproven potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing Tunsil fell because Apple went early and the other CB's would have been reaches. This scenario played out well if Tunsil and Howard pan out...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good drafts involve some luck along with extensive preparation. Tunsil sliding to 13 was luck but the Fins know the reward is well worth the risk. Tunsil seems like a person that will make the most of his opportunity.

I've heard that if you get 3 starters you had a good draft. If you count the trade the Fins got: Maxwell, Alonso, Tunsil, & Howard. There are other guys that have a real good chance to earn snaps also this upcoming year & potentially become starters. I think Drake will make an impact sharing carries with Ajayi right away. Carroo definitely has the talent to be a starting WR. I think he'll get lots of snaps in 3 WR sets.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good drafts involve some luck along with extensive preparation. Tunsil sliding to 13 was luck but the Fins know the reward is well worth the risk. Tunsil seems like a person that will make the most of his opportunity.

I've heard that if you get 3 starters you had a good draft. If you count the trade the Fins got: Maxwell, Alonso, Tunsil, & Howard. There are other guys that have a real good chance to earn snaps also this upcoming year & potentially become starters. I think Drake will make an impact sharing carries with Ajayi right away. Carroo definitely has the talent to be a starting WR. I think he'll get lots of snaps in 3 WR sets.
Agreed Maxwell and Alonzo have to be factored in. It's not just starters but contributors as well. Special teams are also overlooked but very important.

Wonder if DJ will make it back that would be huge. Crazy kids...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if Dion Jordan can bounce back from his mistakes and become a contributor. I would like to see him succeed. That said, he is the opposite of the type of guy the Fins drafted this year in terms of production. Jordan has been all about potential. I've heard it mentioned that it's best not to be known for potential because it means that you haven't accomplished anything yet. All of the guys that the Fins drafted were productive in college. Jordan didn't get a lot of sacks at Oregon. He was a tweener DE/LB that was a great athlete in college yet he was drafted to be a pass rusher. He also had the shoulder injury and that slowed his progress early on. He tried to get stronger early in his career to be a DE. He got bigger & stronger but never really produced as a pass rusher. In my opinion his shining moment was when he ran stride for stride on a few plays covering Gronk. He saw himself as a DE not a LB. If that is still the case he'll need to develop some pass rushing skills & stop the run better to be able to earn playing time.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE Jordan: He was actually a special teams Ace now that I think of it. I remember him making some plays with that group by blocking punts. That was his probably his greatest accomplishment for the team.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if Dion Jordan can bounce back from his mistakes and become a contributor. I would like to see him succeed. That said, he is the opposite of the type of guy the Fins drafted this year in terms of production. Jordan has been all about potential. I've heard it mentioned that it's best not to be known for potential because it means that you haven't accomplished anything yet. All of the guys that the Fins drafted were productive in college. Jordan didn't get a lot of sacks at Oregon. He was a tweener DE/LB that was a great athlete in college yet he was drafted to be a pass rusher. He also had the shoulder injury and that slowed his progress early on. He tried to get stronger early in his career to be a DE. He got bigger & stronger but never really produced as a pass rusher. In my opinion his shining moment was when he ran stride for stride on a few plays covering Gronk. He saw himself as a DE not a LB. If that is still the case he'll need to develop some pass rushing skills & stop the run better to be able to earn playing time.
I'm not sure who wanted him to be a DE but his transition would have been easier if he was an OLB. He wouldn't have had to put on more weight and use PED's. I think being a Von Miller would have been better for him but what do I know....covering Gronk showed us his talent.