• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on last nights game...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just taking in the ebbs and flows of the NC game last night got me to thinking...and maybe this creates some fodder for conversation..

1. With a sledgehammer it hit me that WV will never win the NC in College Football...as much as you Homers who are still living in the Glory Days of the BE that with wishful thinking that someone other than DANA is going to be able to bring in the "Next" gimmick offense run by 3 star recruits and be successful just like l 10 plus years ago..news flash...it AIN"T happening!.. it was fools gold. There is no way in hell...and I MEAN NO WAY that whether its Dana or some other random coach that is going to be able to recruit the ELITE talent year in and year out to compete in the trenches(where the game is won) from Tackle to Tackle from End to End to be able to compete at that level....That was without a doubt one of the most physical games I can remember watching in recent years. watching that 320lb DT for Georgia run around like he weighed 225lb chasing players down like he was a LB..Wv has NEVER had that kind of player..and those two teams have them EVERY year....OUR BEST TEAM in the programs history ..and you pick the team.. would have had their asses handed to them by either team last night or any day of the week...GEEEZUS those two programs had two true freshman in the biggest game of the year playing QB! You could go down the line and see other true freshman sprinkled in the game..for Bama their Tailback in the second half was a freshman...programs that are willing to do that in THAT game are light years ahead of everyone else..

2. I stand by my thought there should be an 8 team playoff...Bama should have never been in the final 4. Really, are we certain at this time of the year the best team in the country walked off that field...Ohio State should have had a shot....even UCF

3. Money: Kirby Smart made a minimum of $300,00 for coaching last night and Nick Saban $794,000.00 Those figures do not include any incentives made for either making the SEC Championship Game and making or Winning the NC Game. No figure in hand but I am certain the NCAA paid Kendrick Lamar a minimum of $1.5 million for the halftime show. Top price for a 30-second ad spot for Monday's game. $1.3 million.

The average cost of a ticket in a 65,000 seat stadium:
The average ticket price for the 2018 College Football Playoff Championship game in Atlanta, GA is at$1,909 which is an all-time high for the annual game and a 90% increase from the previous year.... You do the math.....

The amount the "Prostitutes In Uniforms" made for playing the game........ZERO. Oh I forgot..they have free education! And some bullshit stipend that covers what their scholarships are supposed to do in the first place!! LOL!...what a friggin joke...what a disgrace..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back 4 years, and I made the exact same commentary after watching tOSU play Oregon. When I saw the size of the Buckeyes and the overall speed and athleticism of both of those teams, I remember posting on this site... we will never win a NC in football. We will never compete on that level because we will never get those kind of kids to don the old gold and blue.

Two things stood out for me last night. Interestingly, UGA came out throwing the football. First 7 plays... all passing attempts. Why? We know why...

Bama had 100 yds at half? Close to it. Hurts cannot throw the ball downfield. He had a couple of nice runs... but, they had a big zero at half.

Saban made a decision to put a true freshman who had thrown for a total of 500 yds in mop duty on the field for the 2nd half. Who the fuck does that? Why did he feel he had to do it? We know why....

Bama’s Secondary could have been abused all night long. While Fromm had a decent game... he is a true freshman and he made some freshman mistakes... and panicked a little under the pass rush of Bama at times.

Baker and his boys would have ate Bama up. Unfortunately, OU did not have a defense that could contain UGA’s running attack... and their defense would have had similar issues stopping Hurts and Company.

A lethal passing game will continue to be the archille’s Heel of teams like UGA and Bama. They simply don’t have to stop passing attacks like OU’s... WVU’s... in the SEC.

The flip side is that defenses built to stop aerial attacks like those in the Big 12 are not capable of stopping power running attacks like those we saw from these two teams.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back 4 years, and I made the exact same commentary after watching tOSU play Oregon. When I saw the size of the Buckeyes and the overall speed and athleticism of both of those teams, I remember posting on this site... we will never win a NC in football. We will never compete on that level because we will never get those kind of kids to don the old gold and blue.

Two things stood out for me last night. Interestingly, UGA came out throwing the football. First 7 plays... all passing attempts. Why? We know why...

Bama had 100 yds at half? Close to it. Hurts cannot throw the ball downfield. He had a couple of nice runs... but, they had a big zero at half.

Saban made a decision to put a true freshman who had thrown for a total of 500 yds in mop duty on the field for the 2nd half. Who the fuck does that? Why did he feel he had to do it? We know why....

Bama’s Secondary could have been abused all night long. While Fromm had a decent game... he is a true freshman and he made some freshman mistakes... and panicked a little under the pass rush of Bama at times.

Baker and his boys would have ate Bama up. Unfortunately, OU did not have a defense that could contain UGA’s running attack... and their defense would have had similar issues stopping Hurts and Company.

A lethal passing game will continue to be the archille’s Heel of teams like UGA and Bama. They simply don’t have to stop passing attacks like OU’s... WVU’s... in the SEC.

The flip side is that defenses built to stop aerial attacks like those in the Big 12 are not capable of stopping power running attacks like those we saw from these two teams.

I agree..100% Not sure if the kid panicked or the game was just moving at a different speed than what he saw for the majority of the year...he was under siege! All the QB's spent time under center, just appeared they had no shot in taking a normal 5 or 7 step drop..

Its funny isn't it..why these teams can't register a better passing offense..their QB's skills seemed to be wanted ..and justifiably so in the NFL...I guess its the love affair...and mine as well in having those Leonard Fournette type running backs that just pound you down for 4 quarters that make them successful..limit turnovers...get nasty in the trenches...and win. Wish we had those backs...could be a difference maker for Wv...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF beat the team that beat BOTH of the teams in the MNC game...

Hire the right coach (like UCF did) be at UCF’s level in a P5, win a National championship.

This is not that complicated boys.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hire the right coach (like UCF did) be at UCF’s level in a P5, win a National championship.

Never going to happen..and because UCF won ONE big game on their schedule it really means nothing..See Appy State vs Michigan...Also keep in mind they never played their full schedule GT game was cxled

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is laughable to me that anyone would think the AU team that played UCF actually gave a fuck about that game... especially after losing a chance to play in the CFP.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is laughable to me that anyone would think the AU team that played UCF actually gave a fuck about that game... especially after losing a chance to play in the CFP.
I agree, but I would have liked to see UCF get that shot to take out any argument. Expanding to 8 should eliminate that cry, except for the 9th ranked team.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I would have liked to see UCF get that shot to take out any argument. Expanding to 8 should eliminate that cry, except for the 9th ranked team.

Well I agree to some extent about the 9th team..but then it comes down to BS voting at that point...At least it would make the Conference Championship games mean something and a UCF gets their shot. It would also mean that additional Bowl games would have increased value...that in itself should have the College Football world pushing for it.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they go to 8 we may as well go back to the AAC so we can get in every 5-10 years, we dominated with a bunch of shared titles back in the day..............

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because UCF won ONE big game on their schedule it really means nothing..See Appy State vs Michigan...Also keep in mind they never played their full schedule GT game was cxled
Appy State vs Michigan?

No, that's not even close to the same thing. UCF beat Maryland (who crushed Texas) no question they would have beaten this years GT like a drum as well. Beat USF who was ranked most of the year, beat a good Memphis team,they have beaten Baylor when Briles was their coach... No, UCF has proven that they can hang with the "big boys", not like Appy State at all.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The classic "they didn't want to be there" argument :lol:.

I guess Georgia, OU, and Clemson didn't want to be there vs WVU in those BCS games either?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The classic "they didn't want to be there" argument :lol:.

I guess Georgia, OU, and Clemson didn't want to be there vs WVU in those BCS games either?

Not even close to being a true comparison.