• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Year's Umpires

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing today's umpire's calls on every pitch, and the fact his strike zone seemed to change, reminded me a little of this:

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly that's really not that far off from how bad umpires are now, including the showboating. Some of his balls and strikes calls might be closer than what major league umps call now.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix had two pitches that were well off the plate called strikes to the same hitter... Seems like the strike zone changed half way thru the game...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still for the life of me CANNOT fathom how the MLB has not gone to computers for strike/ball calls. The most common argument (and dumbest) I've heard is: "It's tradition!" BS. Put a ****ing earpiece in there which nobody will even notice and leave the ump there with the official calls. You still need a homeplate ump anyway for plays at the plate and batters/pitchers/catchers acting like whiny little bitches.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still for the life of me CANNOT fathom how the MLB has not gone to computers for strike/ball calls. The most common argument (and dumbest) I've heard is: "It's tradition!" BS. Put a ****ing earpiece in there which nobody will even notice and leave the ump there with the official calls. You still need a homeplate ump anyway for plays at the plate and batters/pitchers/catchers acting like whiny little bitches.

they used it last week I believe in the minors for the first time but never heard how it turned out.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The argument against that is that is going to slow the game down, they are trying to speed the game up and adding an extra few seconds for every pitch is counter productive to speeding the game. Getting the right call is best but they are trying to reach the ADD crowd and sadly ejections and arguments are more exciting than accuracy.