• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This year's RBs

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not have the year he had the year before. Don't come off with that. The bears were so awful and early on they were involving Cohen it affected him. He had 40 rushing yards at home against the BROWNS. He got no chances in any blowout games. If he had a solid year last year, why has he gone from late first ranked last year to mid-third this year?
Dude, around a 2 point a week difference against stacked boxes on an offense that sucked pretty much the whole season? I've had 2 drafts so far this year and he went in the first round in one of them and mid 3rd in the other (PPR). Every single mock I've done he goes mid 2nd. Good luck on that 3rd round target on him.............maybe you can trade fer him after the draft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Trubisky may not be that good is even better for Howard. They don't need to have that great of a offense for Howard to bounce back. McVay came from Washington where the run game was highly inconsistent. Washington was more of a pass-first team. Reid's team was run-oriented with Charles before he got hurt. Ware was not as good, so they went back to passing until Hunt happened last year. As for Pederson, they had no elite RB to begin with. Ajayi's not elite.

:scratch:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is about Howard. I'm saying he's this year's Gurley.
I already said he's not nearly as talented as Gurley and Trubisky isn't as good as Goff.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh reid is notorious for being pass heavy dating back well over a decade.

And the bears being bad is bad for howard because the worse they are the less they'll run.

The bears can't be any worse than last year.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round is much different from the third.

If he goes in the third, your league blows.

He's not going in the third in my league because I will be drafting him in 2. But that's his ADP on NFL.com. Preseason will shake up some things I'm sure.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going in the third in my league because I will be drafting him in 2. But that's his ADP on NFL.com. Preseason will shake up some things I'm sure.
and when someone drafts him late round 1 , early round 2

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, hes taking him in the third

No, I never said that. I would take him in the second, and if I reach for him, I would in the second. I have had the 12th and 11th pick the last two years in my league. I'm always getting shuffled near the bottom. The first will be either ODB or Cook, which makes me nervous.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I never said that. I would take him in the second, and if I reach for him, I would in the second. I have had the 12th and 11th pick the last two years in my league. I'm always getting shuffled near the bottom. The first will be either ODB or Cook, which makes me nervous.
and what about your third year analysis, its a bit faulty

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and when someone drafts him late round 1 , early round 2

I doubt it because people rely too much on what happened last year. Bell, DJ, Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, Hunt, and Fournette will go before him. And then there's Brown, Jones, and ODB for receivers. He then competes with Cook, Hopkins, and M Thomas. Chances are he will still be there in early second. Some people in my league likes WRs early.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing Jordan Howard to Adrian Peterson, but if you look at AP's history and his various QB carousel, you could make the argument that when his QB did better, it was reflected in AP's numbers - either in yards or TD.

Slapped the following picture together. Seems when the offense did better (close to or over 3000 passing yards), AP had a better season.

Adrian Peterson MIN years compared to QB passing yards.png

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if my point isn't clear, Cutler/Hoyer/Barkley was 1000 yards better in 2016 than Glennon/Trubisky in 2017, which affected Howard's stats.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing Jordan Howard to Adrian Peterson, but if you look at AP's history and his various QB carousel, you could make the argument that when his QB did better, it was reflected in AP's numbers - either in yards or TD.

Slapped the following picture together. Seems when the offense did better (close to or over 3000 passing yards), AP had a better season.

View attachment 184425
Getting first downs always seems to help with offensive numbers. Lol

Having a sucky defense too. Which I don't think Howard will have.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In keeping with the thread title, let's talk about some other RBs.

Obviously I would love a higher first round pick so I can get DJ, Elliott, or Barkley.

However, Kamara is overranked big time. He was not even on the field 50% of the time last year. Melvin Gordon has disgusting ypc numbers and with the chargers having no real TE to throw to now, he's gonna get more defensive looks.

As for the third round, Alex Collins' numbers also did not impress me, but the ravens offense could improve.

I like Marlon Mack in later rounds a lot and Ty who is ranked way low. My aim is to get Mack and Montgomery as my 3 and 4. If I am lucky, maybe I will land Jones.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How low are you dropping Kamara and Gordon? It seems to me that there is a drop off to the next tier of backs who are all in more questionable situations.

Kamara does get the first chance to establish himself in that offense. Personally, I think it leaves Ingram fresher for later, but I usually try to draft for the first half of the season and then go from there to position for the end.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, Kamara is overranked big time. He was not even on the field 50% of the time last year.
Think about that.
Kamara had more yards from scrimmage (1554) and more TD (13) than Mark Ingram (1540/12) playing less.

What we know:
Kamara played on 44% of the Saints' snaps.
Ingram played on 54.8% of the Saints' snaps.
Kamara had nearly half as many carries (120) as Ingram (230).
Kamara had 81 receptions compared to Ingram's 58.

Ingram is suspended for the first 4 games.
Ingram is on the southern end of age 28.

Trivia Time
In the last decade, how many RB age 28 or older had 200 carries or more?
Actually, there have been 56 RB. That's an average of 5.6 per season. It should be noted that of those 56 RB, only 34 of them averaged better than 4.0 yards per carry.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How low are you dropping Kamara and Gordon? It seems to me that there is a drop off to the next tier of backs who are all in more questionable situations.

Kamara does get the first chance to establish himself in that offense. Personally, I think it leaves Ingram fresher for later, but I usually try to draft for the first half of the season and then go from there to position for the end.

SP has already said Kamara's role will not change with Ingram out. The saints are probably just gonna be passing more. Kamara isn't the type of back Ingram is. Gordon will probably still get a large workload but his ypc are what they are. I felt he was last year, and not this year.