• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This rumor about Harbaugh has me worried...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in and out of the game, but I caught the badness. Someone's gotta take the first pick of the draft.

Doesn't mean Harbaugh is leaving/moving his family again and heading to Indy. Hell he just got there and I think he still has players on his team from the previous coach right?

Simmer down nah. This is going to happen every year for whichever NFL team is the shittiest.

Sounds good to me! :suds:

Although I think you underestimate the draw of desperation from an NFL team. I think there is some teeth to this rumor...and much of that revolves around having a QB like Luck, and having nothing to show for it after 5 seasons in the NFL. He is beat up badly, and if they don't bring in someone who knows how to protect him better, he may be on his way out of the NFL sooner than anticipated.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's fine.

If you are watching the show for entertainment purposes.

Just don't get too excited over his opinion of Jim Harbaugh's future coaching prospects because he's just blowing the hot air his audience wants to breathe.

What would you listen to a sports talk show for? The sport itself is for entertainment purposes. Every sports show is for entertainment purposes, no?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me! :suds:

Although I think you underestimate the draw of desperation from an NFL team. I think there is some teeth to this rumor...and much of that revolves around having a QB like Luck, and having nothing to show for it after 5 seasons in the NFL. He is beat up badly, and if they don't bring in someone who knows how to protect him better, he may be on his way out of the NFL sooner than anticipated.

Dude he's making $6 million/yr right now and has all the power. In a college town. He's gonna move his family again? For what? $8 million? No

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:...although I'm curious of your opinion here... If Harbaugh had gotten along with the 49ers owner, do you think he still would have left for Michigan?
It wan't the owner he had all the issues with, it was the GM. He went to the owner shortly after coming on board and tried to undermine the GM. That owner stupidly told Baalke about it and created massive friction.

Their owner is a complete and utter idiot and harbs was totally right about Baalke. Basically York picked the wrong side and went with the wrong guy and now is paying the price.

I'd bet most teams know more or less how that all went down and don't see harbs as the problem from that dynamic. Of course they also all undoubtedly know how erratic he is and how odd he is with the media and probably other executives as well. He's a players coach, but he's sure not a people person outside of his locker room.

I doubt he is blackballed or really on any teams shit list. I saw him going back to college more as the opportunity that came up that grabbed him at that time. The challenge of it. The name.

So the question is would he take an opportunity such as the Colts and leave Michigan before he ever really made any real legacy there? I really don't have an answer for that.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Saban is in his mid 60's, so I doubt anyone is going to entice him to move again.

If you make a coach/GM deal with someone, you fire both the coach and the GM. It's not unprecedented. Bill Parcels did it in the late 90's with the Jets. He had a good run with it too, but only lasted 3 years. I can imagine it would be difficult to do both jobs.

Yeah, but that is Bill Parcels we're talking about. There have just been so VERY few situations where a coach has anywhere near full control. You can continue to worry, but I don't think it's necessary. Harbaugh didn't give the colts a second thought 2 years ago, he didn't leave you for the rams last year and I really doubt he's headed to the colts in the near future.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wan't the owner he had all the issues with, it was the GM. He went to the owner shortly after coming on board and tried to undermine the GM. That owner stupidly told Baalke about it and created massive friction.

Their owner is a complete and utter idiot and harbs was totally right about Baalke. Basically York picked the wrong side and went with the wrong guy and now is paying the price.

I'd bet most teams know more or less how that all went down and don't see harbs as the problem from that dynamic. Of course they also all undoubtedly know how erratic he is and how odd he is with the media and probably other executives as well. He's a players coach, but he's sure not a people person outside of his locker room.

I doubt he is blackballed or really on any teams shit list. I saw him going back to college more as the opportunity that came up that grabbed him at that time. The challenge of it. The name.

So the question is would he take an opportunity such as the Colts and leave Michigan before he ever really made any real legacy there? I really don't have an answer for that.

Niners have been nothing more than a shredder for head coaches lately. They went to shit in what.. the late 90s?? and the front office is still a mess.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't taken any rumor about "Harbaugh to the NFL" seriously over the past few years, but this one actually has me a little worried. It makes sense, and would be an AMAZING opportunity for Harbaugh if he still has NFL ambitions. I think if Harbaugh were able to beat Ohio State and/or win the B10 this year (that is a BIG if), than I don't see what would hold him back from jumping to the NFL again...especially if the Colts gave him TOTAL control.

10 reasons why Jim Harbaugh will be the Indianapolis Colts head coach (VIDEO) | FOX Sports

Although, Colin did say about 4 years ago that Harbaugh wouldn't go back to college...so maybe he is wrong here. From the perspective of power, and if Luck is not permanently injured, Harbaugh could return to Indy and possibly have an amazing situation. I mean, if they sit Luck all year, they are likely to only win a few games at best. They could have the top pick (or at least a top 3 pick), and be returning one of the best QB's in the league in his prime.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I must say I'm a little worried at the idea of it now.
I'm not worried in the slightest. Harbaugh is going to retire at Michigan. IMO, he wouldn't take this job if he ever planned to skip out on it. It's beyond just money or other aspirations, it's his Alma mater. Not to mention, the guy rules more here than he could ever rule an NFL team. He does what he wants, when he wants and how he wants. And on top of everything, he's compensated - what - $9 million a year or more? That's already enough to put him among the highest paid coaches in the NFL, more than his brother.

I think Harbaugh feels more in the spotlight, more at home, more in control and fulfilled here at Michigan.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 166089

When you win nearly 70% of your games as an NFL coach over a 4 year period, and the team you coached to the Superbowl, tanks the year after you leave, then you probably will get some attention from NFL teams.

It doesn't matter to NFL teams if all you can do is win 10 games a year in a Power 5 conference. They care more about the guy who already has an impressive resume in the NFL.
I heard a similar story about Harbaugh to the Bears. Still don't see him heading to the NFL anytime soon. And you can ask...its just a personal opinion. I have absolutely zero facts and or sources to support this

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Cowherd also said, "I was wrong" afterwards. He was definitely embarrassed from it. The thing is, what is factual about sports talk radio? They give their opinions...and those sports teams/individuals have the chance to prove them wrong. No different from this message board. He makes an opinionated call, and sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong.

I'd rather listen to a guy who makes bold calls, and talks about popular sports than to listen to nothing at all. He brings in coaches, athletes and other commentators and puts on a pretty good show . He has many of the Fox NFL crew on his show recently, and they have been GREAT interviews IMO. That is his strength. He asks good questions of his guests.
I agree that there is less substance and more schtick when it comes to sports talk shows. Just like anyone on here, the hosts can make a mistake, use incorrect data or simply be a dumbass. Actually, its pretty much like on here

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that is Bill Parcels we're talking about. There have just been so VERY few situations where a coach has anywhere near full control. You can continue to worry, but I don't think it's necessary. Harbaugh didn't give the colts a second thought 2 years ago, he didn't leave you for the rams last year and I really doubt he's headed to the colts in the near future.

Again, was the Colts job even available 2 years ago? They were coming off their 3rd 11-5 season in a row. I'm finding it hard to believe that the Colts job would even be available now. Their coach has QUITE a record.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, was the Colts job even available 2 years ago? They were coming off their 3rd 11-5 season in a row. I'm finding it hard to believe that the Colts job would even be available now. Their coach has QUITE a record.

Pagano has been the HC there for about 4 or 5 years now, so I guess the position was never officially open. But there have been rumors from time to time that his days are numbered there. I guess this is why I don't put much stock in these stories. Supposedly Saban was contacted and maybe Harbaugh as well. A couple of years ago someone tried to ask Harbaugh about this and he immediately cut them off and said: "It's just great to be a wolverine again." Again, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Had JH wanted to stay in the NFL, I think he very well could have, but he decided to come back to CFB for a reason.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you listen to a sports talk show for? The sport itself is for entertainment purposes. Every sports show is for entertainment purposes, no?

The only time I'd ever listen is like this past Sunday to the local shows cause the callers are funny as hell whtn the Texans look like shit.

I don't listen to the national shows. They aren't entertaining to me in the slightest.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a garbage click bait journalist. And I use the term journalist loosely.

Eh, I like his morning radio show. I'm an arrogant braggart and he is too, guess it's that whole kindred spirits deal.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Harbaugh go to an NFL team with a broken QB?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude he's making $6 million/yr right now and has all the power. In a college town. He's gonna move his family again? For what? $8 million? No
He can get a new family.

He's already done it once.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a similar story about Harbaugh to the Bears. Still don't see him heading to the NFL anytime soon. And you can ask...its just a personal opinion. I have absolutely zero facts and or sources to support this
Bears makes a lot sense.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be at UM for as long as we will have him. He has 7 kids now with the most recent birth and said publicly, part of the reason to come back to UM was to raise his family in Ann Arbor.

Colts and/or Bears, maybe not.... but....

....what about the Lions? Harbaugh wouldn't need to move.

Old lady Martha Firestone Ford is going to turn 92 years old on Sept 16th. Perhaps she wants to see the Lions make it to a Super Bowl before she kicks the bucket.

And the Lions HQ & training complex in Allen Park is only 32.7 miles from Ann Arbor, and listed as only a 37 minute commute utilizing I-94.

data=LAbyhs52H2ZXtJELAVbjHljTLwF1r5C-S_rdVj-oVuxScJOI9PAaXUtPTxzBrHzMPV2Si-Ev07W0s909g3RpGLm1m6S2ZDuXehpjJ_hm8TIx0yWaLtKFa74i5N1ZfyIJfjbKDCBppl68jwnYq3lY07nbMZPiXsFhnvY,vQBTk-YbaK-shXAxB6piOmNELujcW8UhwIeWrCIv1vVsXAEmn41HvKAoUc8tsDD8DEKvPgopedJAr1m_KkVcM1jsjEspu4tws1TpgmrVizNuYQYTPGhBGdttA9CAYB8jwQn7NjMiOCyJQveR3sRDb6y1l-zX0XvZ1jA8KVEbwbxVcPC6yfmHOfq07JoLs_tOgtBK0Wi_80zviddNNYAb3CoMPfX7_SA-fmRyuGkF2TzCtmBu0Fgkpk8VjqufyhBnep8wrGC376i9ed4OqE7Fw3qokWH1z_mWkv_myb7NcijbXXgorfGX-9t2tQ5_QDpDrZ3HWo4JDxWFhscXLXLogGMpt-eywbrT

Plus.... Martha could even promise to name an SUV or car after Harbaugh if he wins a Super Bowl for the Lions..... How about the new Ford Jimmy-Van?

:D