• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This rumor about Harbaugh has me worried...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...money grabber.

nfl, to college, back to nfl, back to college...and now back to nfl again?

it's obvious he can't get it done in the NFL, nor the FBS, nor the NFL and now the FBS again. money money money

You do realize the San Diego he coached wasn't the Chargers, right? It was the Terraros. So his HC career has been FCS, FBS, NFL, FBS. He hasn't bounced back and forth -- he has only been a HC once in the NFL.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question, I don't know. I think he's the type who would want to win a Superbowl before he moved on, but I don't know...

I agree with you. I think he wants that Superbowl BADLY. From what I've read, he tried to make a power play after he took the team to the Superbowl in year 3, in an attempt to do what he thought was best to make the team a Superbowl contender again. It obviously didn't go well and he was shot down by the ownership. I'm sure the fighting got bitter, and he likely stuck his foot in his mouth. He quit fighting them, and began to look for an exit. He got that exit with Michigan after year 4.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh like comparing apples and oranges? One has had HUGE success in the NFL, the other hasn't.

In a way, yeah, but in a way they're the same.

NO ONE in the NFL has the kind of power Jim wants (GM & Coach). The only one that comes close is Belichick, and given his historical success, he can basically do whatever the hell he wants in new england.

All the other GM/Coaches in recent years have been terrible flops. It's simply not something NFL teams are going to risk any more.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the San Diego he coached wasn't the Chargers, right? It was the Terraros. So his HC career has been FCS, FBS, NFL, FBS. He hasn't bounced back and forth -- he has only been a HC once in the NFL.

:pound:

obviously he didnt

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, yeah, but in a way they're the same.

NO ONE in the NFL has the kind of power Jim wants (GM & Coach). The only one that comes close is Belichick, and given his historical success, he can basically do whatever the hell he wants in new england.

All the other GM/Coaches in recent years have been terrible flops. It's simply not something NFL teams are going to risk any more.

Wasn't Bill Parcels GM and Coach with the NYJ? I thought he had a pretty good run during that time. Maybe he flopped...I don't know.

Regarldess, if I'm a desperate team in the NFL, what do you really have to lose? He is easily the most sought after coach who currently is not an NFL coach. IMO, I think it is just a matter of time before someone says "Let's get Jim Harbaugh at all costs". It's not like the fan base is going to picket or be upset with you. Give him 3-4 years, and I'll bet that your value increases during that time...even if he ends up being a bust.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Bill Parcels GM and Coach with the NYJ? I thought he had a pretty good run during that time. Maybe he flopped...I don't know.

Regarldess, if I'm a desperate team in the NFL, what do you really have to lose? He is easily the most sought after coach who currently is not an NFL coach. IMO, I think it is just a matter of time before someone says "Let's get Jim Harbaugh at all costs". It's not like the fan base is going to picket or be upset with you. Give him 3-4 years, and I'll bet that your value increases during that time...even if he ends up being a bust.

I honestly don't think Harbaugh goes anywhere. If there were ever the perfect opportunity for him when he left SF, it was Indy with Andrew Luck and he didn't even give them a chance to interview him.

I think he will be at UM for as long as we will have him. He has 7 kids now with the most recent birth and said publicly, part of the reason to come back to UM was to raise his family in Ann Arbor.

If he did leave to go to the NFL though, I would completely understand and wish him the best.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're Harbaugh with one of the best college coaching jobs around and making that kind of money, a desperate nfl team is the last thing you want. Look at the niners... are they desperate enough for you? Probably the worst team to coach for(Harbaugh already knows this). Niners give you nothing, trash you publicly, then toss you out like trash. This year Denver was probably the job to have, but you know that Elway's a control freak. Not sure that's such a great thing either. Bad decisions can be made, but it's always the head coach that gets the blame.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Harbaugh goes anywhere. If there were ever the perfect opportunity for him when he left SF, it was Indy with Andrew Luck and he didn't even give them a chance to interview him.

I think he will be at UM for as long as we will have him. He has 7 kids now with the most recent birth and said publicly, part of the reason to come back to UM was to raise his family in Ann Arbor.

If he did leave to go to the NFL though, I would completely understand and wish him the best.

I had always heard the Colts wanted to talk to Harbaugh back then, but why would they have requested an interviewed with Harbaugh about being the HC in Indy in 2015??

Chuck Pagano's record with the Colts at that time was:
2012: 11-5
2013: 11-5
2014: 11-5

Even after a few down seasons (both being 8-8), it seems weird that they would want to get rid of Pagano...The guy is 49-32 with the Colts in 5 full seasons. He has been to the AFC Championship game, and has a 3-3 record in the playoffs. That's a REALLY good record for an NFL coach. The NFL is certainly "cut throat" if they are seriously thinking of dumping Pagano.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're Harbaugh with one of the best college coaching jobs around and making that kind of money, a desperate nfl team is the last thing you want. Look at the niners... are they desperate enough for you? Probably the worst team to coach for(Harbaugh already knows this). Niners give you nothing, trash you publicly, then toss you out like trash. This year Denver was probably the job to have, but you know that Elway's a control freak. Not sure that's such a great thing either. Bad decisions can be made, but it's always the head coach that gets the blame.

Not if that desperate NFL team are the Colts. That was the original quote said "10 reasons that Harbaugh will join the Colts".

Bottom line is, if Harbaugh gets complete control...he'd go to Indy IMO. I'm not sure they are that desperate yet....but Luck isn't getting any younger.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't taken any rumor about "Harbaugh to the NFL" seriously over the past few years, but this one actually has me a little worried. It makes sense, and would be an AMAZING opportunity for Harbaugh if he still has NFL ambitions. I think if Harbaugh were able to beat Ohio State and/or win the B10 this year (that is a BIG if), than I don't see what would hold him back from jumping to the NFL again...especially if the Colts gave him TOTAL control.

10 reasons why Jim Harbaugh will be the Indianapolis Colts head coach (VIDEO) | FOX Sports

Although, Colin did say about 4 years ago that Harbaugh wouldn't go back to college...so maybe he is wrong here. From the perspective of power, and if Luck is not permanently injured, Harbaugh could return to Indy and possibly have an amazing situation. I mean, if they sit Luck all year, they are likely to only win a few games at best. They could have the top pick (or at least a top 3 pick), and be returning one of the best QB's in the league in his prime.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I must say I'm a little worried at the idea of it now.

Clicked the link....

Oh, it's Cowherd.

Clicked the x.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clicked the link....

Oh, it's Cowherd.

Clicked the x.

I've heard someone else say that too. Who do you listen to? Maybe I need to open up my sports talk listening preferences.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if that desperate NFL team are the Colts. That was the original quote said "10 reasons that Harbaugh will join the Colts".

Bottom line is, if Harbaugh gets complete control...he'd go to Indy IMO. I'm not sure they are that desperate yet....but Luck isn't getting any younger.

Two years ago this same story came out about Colts going after Saban. It was even mentioned that Saban would have "full power". I have no doubt that Saban would still be in the NFL had the Dolphins given him full roster control and not forced hiim to take Culpepper instead of Brees. Did Saban even consider this job? I'm not really sure, but he's still in college if that tells you anything. How do you even give a coach full control? Tell the GM to pack their crap and leave?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over reaction monday is all week after week 1

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard someone else say that too. Who do you listen to? Maybe I need to open up my sports talk listening preferences.

I don't really listen to any of them.

They aren't genuine.

Cowherd himself said, after he was called out by Dabo Swinney for calling Clemson a fraud before the playoffs began last year that his audience doesn't punish him if he's wrong. Just if he's not entertaining.

All of them are like that. They just say whatever to get people to listen to them.

Whether it is factual or not.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years ago this same story came out about Colts going after Saban. It was even mentioned that Saban would have "full power". I have no doubt that Saban would still be in the NFL had the Dolphins given him full roster control and not forced hiim to take Culpepper instead of Brees. Did Saban even consider this job? I'm not really sure, but he's still in college if that tells you anything. How do you even give a coach full control? Tell the GM to pack their crap and leave?

Yeah, Saban is in his mid 60's, so I doubt anyone is going to entice him to move again.

If you make a coach/GM deal with someone, you fire both the coach and the GM. It's not unprecedented. Bill Parcels did it in the late 90's with the Jets. He had a good run with it too, but only lasted 3 years. I can imagine it would be difficult to do both jobs.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over reaction monday is all week after week 1

True, but did you watch any of the Colts game? If Luck is done for the season, they are screwed...I mean "worst record in the NFL" screwed.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but did you watch any of the Colts game? If Luck is done for the season, they are screwed...I mean "worst record in the NFL" screwed.

I was in and out of the game, but I caught the badness. Someone's gotta take the first pick of the draft.

Doesn't mean Harbaugh is leaving/moving his family again and heading to Indy. Hell he just got there and I think he still has players on his team from the previous coach right?

Simmer down nah. This is going to happen every year for whichever NFL team is the shittiest.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really listen to any of them.

They aren't genuine.

Cowherd himself said, after he was called out by Dabo Swinney for calling Clemson a fraud before the playoffs began last year that his audience doesn't punish him if he's wrong. Just if he's not entertaining.

All of them are like that. They just say whatever to get people to listen to them.

Whether it is factual or not.

And Cowherd also said, "I was wrong" afterwards. He was definitely embarrassed from it. The thing is, what is factual about sports talk radio? They give their opinions...and those sports teams/individuals have the chance to prove them wrong. No different from this message board. He makes an opinionated call, and sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong.

I'd rather listen to a guy who makes bold calls, and talks about popular sports than to listen to nothing at all. He brings in coaches, athletes and other commentators and puts on a pretty good show . He has many of the Fox NFL crew on his show recently, and they have been GREAT interviews IMO. That is his strength. He asks good questions of his guests.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Cowherd also said, "I was wrong" afterwards. He was definitely embarrassed from it. The thing is, what is factual about sports talk radio? They give their opinions...and those sports teams/individuals have the chance to prove them wrong. No different from this message board. He makes an opinionated call, and sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong.

I'd rather listen to a guy who makes bold calls, and talks about popular sports than to listen to nothing at all. He brings in coaches, athletes and other commentators and puts on a pretty good show . He has many of the Fox NFL crew on his show recently, and they have been GREAT interviews IMO. That is his strength. He asks good questions of his guests.

Well that's fine.

If you are watching the show for entertainment purposes.

Just don't get too excited over his opinion of Jim Harbaugh's future coaching prospects because he's just blowing the hot air his audience wants to breathe.