• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This rumor about Harbaugh has me worried...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All jokes aside imo I don't think it's THAT big of a deal as long as UM hires a good coach behind him.

Fleck imo would kill it at Michigan (assuming UM would poach in conference)

UM could and HAS done a heckuvalot worse than Les

Bobby Petrino might give Urban another heart attack at Michigan and he has followed the money before.

Bert might be a steal if Arky keeps it up, he was a good fit in the BIG..

Shaw might be ready for some new surroundings

There are solid options out there iyam, the UM brass just needs to use their heads if it indeed happens.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't taken any rumor about "Harbaugh to the NFL" seriously over the past few years, but this one actually has me a little worried. It makes sense, and would be an AMAZING opportunity for Harbaugh if he still has NFL ambitions. I think if Harbaugh were able to beat Ohio State and/or win the B10 this year (that is a BIG if), than I don't see what would hold him back from jumping to the NFL again...especially if the Colts gave him TOTAL control.

10 reasons why Jim Harbaugh will be the Indianapolis Colts head coach (VIDEO) | FOX Sports

Although, Colin did say about 4 years ago that Harbaugh wouldn't go back to college...so maybe he is wrong here. From the perspective of power, and if Luck is not permanently injured, Harbaugh could return to Indy and possibly have an amazing situation. I mean, if they sit Luck all year, they are likely to only win a few games at best. They could have the top pick (or at least a top 3 pick), and be returning one of the best QB's in the league in his prime.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I must say I'm a little worried at the idea of it now.

If he beats OSU, he may consider it job done.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does he get an NFL job when he isn't that good of a college coach

:noidea:

You took the words out of my mouth.

He isn't a very good coach to begin with. And this "Power 5" thing is getting played out lol.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he still the highest paid college coach? Would he have gone to Michigan if they weren't willing to match his salary? I'm gonna guess the salary was/is a pretty big factor.

But did you read the quote I was responding to?

he stalled in the NFL, ran away from his successes to chase the money. why would an NFL team take a quitter and a money grabber?

So you too believe his leaving the 49ers was a "money grab"? That he ran away from his successes to chase money? I don't see how that could be the case if he took a job making the same amount of money, especially knowing he would likely make more in the NFL in the long run.
I just don't see how you guys think it was a money grab. Money ALWAYS plays a factor, but I think the reason that Harbaugh is not the coach of the 49ers right now (probably making more money than he makes at Michigan right now) is 100% because of the 49ers owner. Michigan paid whatever they could to get him to leave, but I don't see Jimmy jumping ship because a college team made him the highest paid college coach...which is likely going to be lower than what he would get in the NFL. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did you read the quote I was responding to?

Yes. Here's a follow up question, was anywhere else gonna offer him $9 mil/year at that point? Obviously no othet college jobs would pay him that, considering he's still by far the highest paid at that level, were any NFL teams gonna beat his door down after that year it was made apparent he doesn't play well with others?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't taken any rumor about "Harbaugh to the NFL" seriously over the past few years, but this one actually has me a little worried. It makes sense, and would be an AMAZING opportunity for Harbaugh if he still has NFL ambitions. I think if Harbaugh were able to beat Ohio State and/or win the B10 this year (that is a BIG if), than I don't see what would hold him back from jumping to the NFL again...especially if the Colts gave him TOTAL control.

10 reasons why Jim Harbaugh will be the Indianapolis Colts head coach (VIDEO) | FOX Sports

Although, Colin did say about 4 years ago that Harbaugh wouldn't go back to college...so maybe he is wrong here. From the perspective of power, and if Luck is not permanently injured, Harbaugh could return to Indy and possibly have an amazing situation. I mean, if they sit Luck all year, they are likely to only win a few games at best. They could have the top pick (or at least a top 3 pick), and be returning one of the best QB's in the league in his prime.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I must say I'm a little worried at the idea of it now.

step 1: don't watch or listen to colon cowturds

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Here's a follow up question, was anywhere else gonna offer him $9 mil/year at that point? Obviously no othet college jobs would pay him that, considering he's still by far the highest paid at that level, were any NFL teams gonna beat his door down after that year it was made apparent he doesn't play well with others?

I believe that without a doubt he would have gotten at least $9 million a year from other NFL teams. He took a struggling NFL team, and took them to the Superbowl in 3 years. All while winning .700 of his games. I would bet he still gets those offers.

If you win games, most people don't care if you play well with others. The only thing he hasn't accomplished in the NFL is a Superbowl win. If an owner thinks he could get them to the superbowl, like he did in SF, they will put up with his crap. I mean it is a business and its a multi billion dollar one...especially if you are a winning NFL team.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that without a doubt he would have gotten at least $9 million a year from other NFL teams. He took a struggling NFL team, and took them to the Superbowl in 3 years. All while winning .700 of his games. I would bet he still gets those offers.

If you win games, most people don't care if you play well with others. The only thing he hasn't accomplished in the NFL is a Superbowl win. If an owner thinks he could get them to the superbowl, like he did in SF, they will put up with his crap. I mean it is a business and its a multi billion dollar one...especially if you are a winning NFL team.
Fair enough. To be clear I don't think money grab is the right phrase, but I also don't think 'money isn't why he's at michigan' is totally correct either.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. To be clear I don't think money grab is the right phrase, but I also don't think 'money isn't why he's at michigan' is totally correct either.

:suds:...although I'm curious of your opinion here... If Harbaugh had gotten along with the 49ers owner, do you think he still would have left for Michigan?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear this from a lot of people. Who do you listen to?

none of those douchebags. In fact, i don't watch ESPN or FSN at all outside of live games.

I get all the sports talk i could want or need from local radio.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't a money grab going to the NFL or back to Michigan.

Harbaugh's personality absolutely didn't mesh well with anyone in SF. His desire to control everything in the organization simply isn't going to fly in the NFL...but in college he has the reigns.

He genuinely wanted to test himself in the NFL as a coach and largely proved to be a good & successful coach there. But, college is where he's best because he gets to push all the buttons. I seriously doubt he'd ever go back to the NFL just like Saban will never leave college. Similar personalities and styles.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of those douchebags. In fact, i don't watch ESPN or FSN at all outside of live games.

I get all the sports talk i could want or need from local radio.

I like a broader appeal in regards to sports talk. Probably because I live 900 miles away from where I lived most my life. No one down here cares about the Tigers, Pistons, Lions, etc. So I like the national stuff, and I think Colin does a pretty good job balancing things...and is quick to call himself an idiot when he makes a bad call (like he has done more than a few times the past few years...namely in predicting Ohio State to win the national title this year...although I think he said that he still thinks they run the table and make the playoffs)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he stalled in the NFL, ran away from his successes to chase the money. why would an NFL team take a quitter and a money grabber?

To chase money? He could have named his price in the NFL. Think of it like this -- Jason Garrett has been the coach in Dallas since what? 2009 or 2010? In all that time, he has led Dallas to exactly ONE win in the playoffs. Harbaugh led SF to the NFC championship games his 1st 3 years in the NFL, something no coach had ever done in NFL history.

That being said -- Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. If he wanted to go to Indy, he would have when he left SF. Indy was one of a handful of teams lining up to interview him once the NFL season was done. I think he likes having full control over the team instead of dealing with a front office. He has also said he wants his kids to grow up in the same place he did (Ann Arbor).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a money grab going to the NFL or back to Michigan.

Harbaugh's personality absolutely didn't mesh well with anyone in SF. His desire to control everything in the organization simply isn't going to fly in the NFL...but in college he has the reigns.

He genuinely wanted to test himself in the NFL as a coach and largely proved to be a good & successful coach there. But, college is where he's best because he gets to push all the buttons. I seriously doubt he'd ever go back to the NFL just like Saban will never leave college. Similar personalities and styles.

Well, that is what makes me nervous. Eventually an owner in the NFL will give him that power. I don't think it is unprecedented to do so. Indy may just offer it to him. They have talked to him in the past IIRC. If he thinks he can get what he wants, and has a pretty good team, I think he would jump at it. I hope not!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a broader appeal in regards to sports talk. Probably because I live 900 miles away from where I lived most my life. No one down here cares about the Tigers, Pistons, Lions, etc. So I like the national stuff, and I think Colin does a pretty good job balancing things...and is quick to call himself an idiot when he makes a bad call (like he has done more than a few times the past few years...namely in predicting Ohio State to win the national title this year...although I think he said that he still thinks they run the table and make the playoffs)

listen to what you like. I just wouldn't get worked up about anything these national guys say because they don't know any more than you do. All their job consists of is reading headlines or watching highlights and tossing out uneducated hot sports opinions. Listen for entertainment, but don't get worked up or worried about anything they toss out there.

For what it's worth, I'm in Dallas and none of the teams i grew up rooting for are ever really mentioned on the local station here. I don't mind, I like the programs and the personalities.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is what makes me nervous. Eventually an owner in the NFL will give him that power. I don't think it is unprecedented to do so. Indy may just offer it to him. They have talked to him in the past IIRC. If he thinks he can get what he wants, and has a pretty good team, I think he would jump at it. I hope not!

After the chip kelly fiasco? i wouldn't count on it.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:...although I'm curious of your opinion here... If Harbaugh had gotten along with the 49ers owner, do you think he still would have left for Michigan?
Good question, I don't know. I think he's the type who would want to win a Superbowl before he moved on, but I don't know...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the chip kelly fiasco? i wouldn't count on it.

Isn't Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh like comparing apples and oranges? One has had HUGE success in the NFL, the other hasn't.