• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

this is what some of you are down with

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Allen is Donald Trump, Jr. He’s in a position of power because of his father. He has the haircut of an 80’s movie villain. He’s breathtakingly stupid. And when he’s completely f*cked into a corner he releases idiotic statements to the press.

Bruce Allen has a worse record as a Redskins executive than Vinnie Cerrato. He pretends to be the “adult in the room.” Cerrato never pretended to be anything other than what he was, an unapologetic yes man. Allen is a yes man, but only to his own ego. His mask, made of a salesman’s smile and a senator’s hair, have melted away to expose the petulant, spoiled man-baby he is.

Bruce Allen is an ineffectual leader. A good executive doesn’t worry about taking all of the credit, rather, heaps praise to his subordinates when a job is well done. Scot McCloughan and Kirk Cousins, the two constants of the Redskins only back-to-back winning seasons since I was in middle school, are now painted as the raging alcoholic and the unreasonable money-grubber. Meanwhile, Bruce Allen was probably seven Coors Lights deep when he hit SEND on that back alley abortion of a PR statement.

Bruce Allen is a conman, a liar and a coward. Bruce Allen has conned Dan Snyder into thinking he needs his services...for...something? A stadium deal? Cities and states practically bend over and call you daddy for the right to have you screw over their taxpayers. Go to a used car lot and get the first sales guy who smells like Cool Water and Parliament Lights, there, you’ve got someone who can get you a stadium deal. Oh, by the way, they won’t turn your beloved GM and Pro Bowl QB into the football equivalent of Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian.

Bruce Allen said Scot McCloughan would be back at work after he dealt with his grandmother’s death. He lied.

Bruce Allen said getting a deal done with Kirk was easy. He lied.

Bruce Allen said Scot McCloughan would be in charge of personnel. He lied.

Bruce Allen was jealous of the praise Scot McCloughan received. He’s a bitch.

Bruce Allen thinks Kirk Cousins is a product of his own hand-picked coach’s genius and his roster building acumen, not worthy of top dollar. He’s an idiot.

Bruce Allen had a good run of gaslighting the fanbase from 2009-2014. With a friendly smile he’ll assure you he has nothing to do with the RGIII drama. With a wink he’ll shake your hand and tell you it was in the team’s best interest to part ways with the alcoholic GM. With grey chest hairs popping out, he’ll try to convince you that the reason we don’t have a QB is because he’s dealing with an impossible agent and malcontent money-grubber.

Bruce Allen is not and has never been the victim, or bystander of drama-filled days in Ashburn. He’s the fire starter. He’s the silver-haired straw that stirs the poisonous drink we all chug by the gallons.

The last remaining piece of the veneer has chipped off. The rotten root of Bruce Allen is finally, at last, completely exposed. There’s no one else to throw in front of the bus now, Bruce. It’s just you, your lies, your cowardice and your ego. May they serve you well in your next endeavor as ex-Redskins team president.

some of you fell for him hook line and sinker , good luck sheep

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the same people who brought us "Are You In?!?" and spread around drinking problem stories about Scot "McLovin" McCloughan a few months ago comes yet another doozy. Bruce Allen, in his statement following the franchise tag deadline, tried to persuade you and I that the Washington Redskins made every effort to keep Kirk Cousins and that it was the player who never seriously engaged in negotiations. Notwithstanding that the offer Bruce says the team made was flat out BELOW MARKET, the release of such a statement seems somewhat self-defeating...and bush league.

Before he complained about Kirk Cousins not agreeing to take $40 million less than the rest of the entire planet knows he will get on the open market, Bruce Allen led me to believe that a possible future with Kirk Cousins existed. After Allen's attempt to place all the blame for the lack of a long term deal on Kirk's selfishness...I am skeptical.

Because of information readily available to the entire universe, we know that Kirk is very much in line to make at least $58 million in guaranteed money—equal to this year's and next year's franchise tag—over the next two years. Franchise tags drive the value of guaranteed portions in contracts. We have been over this, and the first part was actually argued exactly a year ago...in...this...same...situation. So Bruce Allen offered Kirk less than he has coming in multiple ways, and then he nailed Cousins publicly for not being interested in the deal.

Who cares what the deal means in terms of "highest paid this" and "most guaranteed that?" Those things change every single year...ESPECIALLY at the quarterback position. All that matters is what the market says. (Before anyone starts feeling sorry for the owners, don't worry, they have literally hundreds of millions of dollars to pay players.) Bruce Allen's offer was below market. He's not Don Corleone. Kirk and his agent aren't doing a back-alley drug deal. As long as he stays relatively healthy this season, he is in line for a $90 million guarantee on his future deal...maybe more. That makes the $53 million offer from the Redskins seem like...less. That makes Kirk's decision...easy to understand, and that $90 million is IN ADDITION to this year's $24 million. I mean, IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! I feel like the fact Bruce actually gave us contract specifics is kind of insulting. As in, does he think we're all idiots? Does he think we don't understand that Kirk is, and has been, in charge of this thing the entire time? Kirk is displaying the guile of Littlefinger, the patience of Varys and has a bigger chip on his shoulder than the one Tyrion carries.

I don't understand how Bruce Allen could read his own statement and not be at least somewhat confused about its purpose. In addition to admitting that the Redskins offer was not even close to good enough, it also kicks off what will ABSOLUTELY be a circus for the ages over the next eight months. A year of uncertainty just wasn't good enough for Bruce Allen. He wanted this town to go full Westworld for a season. Bruce's statement could pass as a deleted scene from Reservoir Dogs. He started some shit. He really, really did.

With our quarterback.

Call me crazy, but that strikes me as colossally foolish from both a business AND football standpoint. From a business standpoint, a top free agent may not appreciate having his team suggest he doesn't care about the team. From a football standpoint, he's our freaking quarterback. All of our success this season is tied to his performance. Maybe you don't publicly go to war with that guy in July?

To summarize:

1. The Redskins PR Department has gone on the offensive...against its most prized offensive piece.
  2. Bruce Allen wants you and I to believe that Kirk Cousins should have thanked him for his lowball offer.
  3. The chances for Kirk Cousins finishing his career in burgundy and gold shrank considerably.

now someone told me the FO believed this was a fair deal hmmmmm

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the past two years now we have heard several rumors about how someone in the Redskins brass is not that impressed by Kirk Cousins. This view regarding perceived value of the QB position, specifically of Cousins the player, has now caused the implementation of two franchise tags with no long term deal in sight. There is a lot to hash out if you believe everything you read. HogsHaven writers specifically James Dorsett have already made the common sense case for keeping Cousins and signing him to a record breaking deal would not mean hindering the team in articles and in comments. Obviously, the opinion of many in the fan base is Cousins is an integral part of the team. He has led the team to success two years in the row and has posted personal bests along with franchise records. Cousins is home grown and waited his turn. It wasn’t always pretty but we have watched him grow and develop into a borderline top 10 QB if he isn’t already.

This poses questions which are the meat of this article. This first of which is: What is the disconnect between the front office and the value regarding Cousins?

After 2014, I was completely on board with the front office taking the cautious approach regarding a Cousins extension after his rookie deal was scheduled to end. At that time Cousins had only played well for around half a season and there were still questions about him as a player regarding his level of consistency and big play ability. Cousins came out in 2015 as the starter and put together a heck of a season which lead to a playoff appearance for the team. In my opinion, the front office rightly placed the tag on him. We had to see if he could do it for a whole season. He did.

Cousins proceeded to put up personal bests and a franchise record for passing yards during the 2016 season. The team missed the playoffs by a single win but most of us at this point are convinced that the team has its QB of the future. So what was the issue in not getting a long term deal done at this stage? Cousins has demonstrated he can play at a high level and lead a team. Derek Carr has also set a baseline price with his new deal, and you have even more guidance on the guaranteed dollars using the price of the first two tags combined. In the NFL, the QB is the highest paid position by far and there shouldn't be any pipe dreams about what a good one is worth by a front office. Cousins has also plainly said that he wants to be here uttering the words “it's good to feel believed in” and “why would I want to be anywhere else” in press conferences and interviews among other instances

Two common theories have been a mix between Cousins’ camp has been asking for too much money or that Bruce Allen is the unnamed official who has expressed less than 100% confidence in Cousins. I dismiss the former because that argument is framed in the context of Cousins wanting to go to Free Agency to find out his worth. Franchise QBs rarely hit the free agent market, in fact, it's borderline unheard of in the modern era of the NFL. Most of them happily sign an extension with their current team and want to avoid any contentious interactions and complexity. In addition to that, it would be foolish of Cousins to keep betting on himself via one-year deals as anything can happen and potentially reduce his value.

From all my comments on the matter you know I believe it's the latter. Bruce Allen has an enormous amount of power within the Redskins organization. As President and returning GM every decision that gets made at Redskins Park goes through him. Of course, I’m just a guy. I have no proof other than what makes sense to me. But I believe Bruce Allen is the only party able and willing to hold up a deal of this magnitude.

I say that because the rumor of someone in the front office not having full confidence persisted after former GM Scot McCloughan was fired. I say it because there is next to a 0% chance Coach Jay Gruden cares what his QB makes. It's also clear that Jay does, in fact, have full confidence in Cousins as we know he was a catalyst for making the switch from Griffin III to Cousins in the first place. Here comes the fun part. A few months ago it was reported by several outlets that Kirk Cousins would not sign a long term deal with Washington as long as Bruce Allen was the GM. That is a pretty wild rumor to be made up out of thin air.

You could argue that Cousins should suck it up and play for a boss that, if the rumor is true, he is not very fond of but Cousins plays in a privileged line of work where effectively he can choose his boss and his salary. I think the result this evening gives more credence to that rumor. Do you believe Bruce Allen made a push to sign Kirk Cousins to a long term deal? My answer is no I don't believe it for a second.

I need not remind people that Allen is no talent evaluator and has been the architect of more bad deals for the franchise than he has good during his tenure with the team. Why should we have confidence that he has done everything he could to lock up the most important piece of the team?

some saps here drink that kool aid

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Allen’s statement a wise move? No. There was no reason to publicly put out the team’s offer, or more importantly, tell the world that Cousins never countered. It seemed like an attempt to control the conversation, and a lame attempt at that.

EXACTLY

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Allen’s statement a wise move? No. There was no reason to publicly put out the team’s offer, or more importantly, tell the world that Cousins never countered. It seemed like an attempt to control the conversation, and a lame attempt at that.

EXACTLY

Especially now that is has been stated KC did counter.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially now that is has been stated KC did counter.
Mike Jones from the Washington Post:

"First, take everything that comes out of Allen’s mouth with a grain of salt. Just because there was no formal counteroffer doesn’t mean there weren’t back-and-forth discussions between McCartney and the Redskins. There were. Lots of them. Virtually six months of negotiations. Remember how in June the spin out of Redskins camp was that talks had taken a positive turn. Things can’t be described as positive if one side isn’t doing any talking. Even top negotiator Eric Schaffer said in late June that there were lots of back-and-forth talks and proposals between him and McCartney. The agent made it clear where he saw Cousins’s worth, but also relayed that his client wanted more time to see the direction the Redskins are headed. And if the Redskins weren’t willing to sweeten their deal and do what they could to give Cousins greater long-term peace of mind — in this case, guarantee some of his salary in the years beyond next season — there was no point in making an official counteroffer."

So how does one engage in "lots of back and forth talks and proposals" in June without ever addressing the original proposal from May? Once again, Bruce Allen blatantly lied. He really does believe that we are all idiots that would believe this line without investigating further with facts and statements readily available? He was partially right, however. There are a few that do believe this lie because they are too lazy to actually investigate the facts or because it fits their narrative that somehow KC is just being greedy and that is what has hosed this franchise at this point.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones from the Washington Post:

"First, take everything that comes out of Allen’s mouth with a grain of salt. Just because there was no formal counteroffer doesn’t mean there weren’t back-and-forth discussions between McCartney and the Redskins. There were. Lots of them. Virtually six months of negotiations. Remember how in June the spin out of Redskins camp was that talks had taken a positive turn. Things can’t be described as positive if one side isn’t doing any talking. Even top negotiator Eric Schaffer said in late June that there were lots of back-and-forth talks and proposals between him and McCartney. The agent made it clear where he saw Cousins’s worth, but also relayed that his client wanted more time to see the direction the Redskins are headed. And if the Redskins weren’t willing to sweeten their deal and do what they could to give Cousins greater long-term peace of mind — in this case, guarantee some of his salary in the years beyond next season — there was no point in making an official counteroffer."

So how does one engage in "lots of back and forth talks and proposals" in June without ever addressing the original proposal from May? Once again, Bruce Allen blatantly lied. He really does believe that we are all idiots that would believe this line without investigating further with facts and statements readily available? He was partially right, however. There are a few that do believe this lie because they are too lazy to actually investigate the facts or because it fits their narrative that somehow KC is just being greedy and that is what has hosed this franchise at this point.

VT , DEANNO any others care to comment about your stupid ass assertions ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT , DEANNO any others care to comment about your stupid ass assertions ?
I doubt very seriously we will hear from them but if we do, it will be about how Mike Jones is anti Redskins, blah blah blah. But here's the problem with that argument. He named his source. He specifically named Schaffer with the statement. If its not true (which is easily verifiable), then we should hear from Schaffer, right? My guess is there will be no response from Schaffer or the Redskins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt very seriously we will hear from them but if we do, it will be about how Mike Jones is anti Redskins, blah blah blah. But here's the problem with that argument. He named his source. He specifically named Schaffer with the statement. If its not true (which is easily verifiable), then we should hear from Schaffer, right? My guess is there will be no response from Schaffer or the Redskins.
but wait j-y19 un named sources carry more weight then a name being put to it arent they ? :D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Schaffer should be running things. Sounds like Bruce Allen should be fired...NOW.

TIME FOR A POLL.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Schaffer should be running things. Sounds like Bruce Allen should be fired...NOW.

TIME FOR A POLL.
CSN does have a poll about this, sorta. Last I checked, over 1200 responses and over 75% blame this who fiasco on Bruce Allen and the Front office. Less than 20% believe that KC's camp has any fault whatsoever.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSN does have a poll about this, sorta. Last I checked, over 1200 responses and over 75% blame this who fiasco on Bruce Allen and the Front office. Less than 20% believe that KC's camp has any fault whatsoever.

That is because 75% of the people have a clue. 20% are almost intelligent. The other five percent I am guessing are blithering idiots.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins opened up about his contract situation on Tuesday morning. He is definitely taking the high road after what the organization did on Monday.
The Washington Redskins and Kirk Cousins were unable to agree on a long term contract extension before the July 17 deadline for franchise tagged players. Cousins will now play the 2017 season under the franchise tag for the second straight season, which neither side is particularly unhappy about. However, the Redskins made some blunders in their lack of signing Cousins that could cause tension between the two sides.

In a statement made by the team on Monday, Bruce Allen stated that the Redskins had offered Cousins record guarantees and that those had been turned down. In reality, the guarantees were high, but only by default and the incentive based money paled in comparison to deals for other franchise caliber quarterbacks. What the organization did was try to throw Cousins under the bus. They wanted to show that he was to blame for the lack of signing. In reality, they never gave him a good enough offer.

On Tuesday, Cousins discussed the situation with poise and grace when appearing on 106.7 the Fan. Despite all that the Redskins had said about him, the quarterback was complementary of the organization and explained his decision not to sign the deal. Per the MMQB’s Albert Breer, Cousins said the following of his future.

This is an encouraging development. Cousins has always been complementary of his Washington teammates, but there were definitely questions about the leadership in the organization after this offseason. That was likely one of the reasons that Cousins did not sign a deal this offseason. He wanted more time to evaluate the Redskins organization after their front office upheaval. Last year, the Redskins wanted more time to evaluate Cousins. The tables turned, and it made sense for Cousins to wait on a deal to potentially drive up his value in a free agent bidding war.

Contractual negotiations aside, Cousins spoke on the show of his desire to stay with the Redskins. He spoke of positive relationships with his teammates, Jay Gruden, and even owner Daniel Snyder. He believes that the Redskins have a solid team and he wants to be able to win. As CSN’s Rich Tandler said, Cousins took the high road to an entirely new level. He deserves praise for that.

READ THIS COUNTER OFFER GUYS and look at the words describing how KC handled BA's BS , "classy", "poise" "took high road to an entirely new level "

for you "read between the lines guys " you all sure as shit are awful at it

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Jr. is cool as hell. You guys would be a lot better if you had a Trump running your team.