• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is what CBB should do

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and it's fine the way it is. However I think this would make all tournament games more competitive and make the entire regular season more exciting because a February Vermont vs Stony Brook game would actually matter. Clearly this is just an idea but I really do think it'd end up being awesome. Arizona playing 15 seed Wilmington is a better game than playing UND and who wants to see 16 seed Vermont or Princeton?

The deck is already stacked against the mid-majors as it. Wilmington has played well enough this year that their reward for making the tournament shouldn't be them facing the #6 overall seed, so a team like Illinois can be included and be a 13 seed. Princeton beating Notre Dame will resonate much more than a team like fucking Illinois.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deck is already stacked against the mid-majors as it. Wilmington has played well enough this year that their reward for making the tournament shouldn't be them facing the #6 overall seed, so a team like Illinois can be included and be a 13 seed. Princeton beating Notre Dame will resonate much more than a team like fucking Illinois.
Sure but why sacrifice quality of games at the bottom of the bracket? Princeton beating Gonzaga would resonate a lot louder than beating Notre Dame

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but why sacrifice quality of games at the bottom of the bracket? Princeton beating Gonzaga would resonate a lot louder than beating Notre Dame
nobody wants to see a whole tourney of mid majors playing each other.....the whole greatness of championship week is seeing these teams with little to no chance fighting to make the big dance. you take that away and make them all fight it out to make the tourney against each other you are diluting the product.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely not ucla or syrcause....right @jonvi ??

Definitely not SU this year.

There's already a regular season and conference tournament for everyone to earn their way in. I see no reason for yet another play off. The regular season has to mean something. I'm bummed SU didn't play to their potential. Which in the long runs should be a great lesson for the freshman. Probably a great lesson for Lydon (a junior) who at the beginning of the season was expected to go pro. He may want to reconsider now cause he wasn't the stud he was expected to be this year. Another year will do him some good.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody wants to see a whole tourney of mid majors playing each other.....the whole greatness of championship week is seeing these teams with little to no chance fighting to make the big dance. you take that away and make them all fight it out to make the tourney against each other you are diluting the product.
So watching 10 seed Green Bay vs 4 seed Northern Kentucky play for the Horizon league title is better than watching MTSU play Vermont? I don't agree. I thinl a low major tournament amongst them 16 best low majors would be amazing, much much better basketball and it'd reward teams for a great season. Differing opinions I guess

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So watching 10 seed Green Bay vs 4 seed Northern Kentucky play for the Summit league title is better than watching MTSU play Vermont? I don't agree. I thinl a low major tournament amongst them 16 best low majors would be amazing, much much better basketball and it'd reward teams for a great season. Differing opinions I guess
midmajors fighting each other for a title ?? its called the nit :dhd: ..... tourney is fine, no changes needed

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, should have stayed at 64 teams, no idea why they went to 68 teams.