• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is kind of a wack College Basketball season

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Nova and Virginia aren't reliable come tournament time, just to spice things up even more

Yeah, Virginia typically doesn't survive long. Not their fault tho. It's their playing style ( like us ). Gonna have to put the ball in the basket eventually.

This going to be one of the more unpredictable tournaments ever. It's going to be insane.

I'm praying and hoping Kansas gets a 1 seed. Because they're not good. That 16-1 gap is as close as it's ever been.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Nova and Virginia aren't reliable come tournament time, just to spice things up even more

In the case of Villanova, it is a program built around smaller players with more experience than raw talent. So, Villanova can't really bully teams around physically. In other words, if they're cold one day, anybody can beat em, including an 8 or 9 seed.

That said Duke has size and talent to spare every year and they've gone out early lately as a high seed pretty regularly. So, it might just be a numbers game.

But if Nova is a 1 seed again and fails to advance past the first weekend, I will have to say it's probably a flaw in the program. But winning a national championship can make up for almost a decade of early exits. :dhd:

As for UVA, similar stuff. If they get enough bites at the apple, they'll get to a Final 4 though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Virginia typically doesn't survive long. Not their fault tho. It's their playing style ( like us ). Gonna have to put the ball in the basket eventually.

This going to be one of the more unpredictable tournaments ever. It's going to be insane.

I'm praying and hoping Kansas gets a 1 seed. Because they're not good. That 16-1 gap is as close as it's ever been.
last time everyone thought this, where the 1 seeds were tentative, and parody was everywhere, every 1 seed made it to the finals and the chalk won out

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think makes for a great tournament season. There's so many teams that could make a good run or win it all. Seems like noone wants to be ranked but that's gonna make for some very good march madness.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a great season. There is no "sure thing" teams. Even Villanova and Virginia have lost to some crappy teams. Could be a 4 seed winning it all. I love it. Going to make the tournament great.
Purdue is pretty strong. Well balanced with 4 players scoring over 12 points per game.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March should still be fun....at least the first 4 days
Agree. Me thinks there is going to be A LOT of very dangerous lower seeded teams. Some that had good starts, then shit the bed for a while and now have it back. Another group that started like shit and are now rolling but still dragging a bunch of bad early season losses around. Makes for interesting hoops IMHO.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nova has won recently, and had deep runs

Nova's title is the only recent deep run they have made in the last five years. Every other year, they've been eliminated in the R64 and R32.

That doesn't take away what they've done as a program, though. You win 29, 33, 35, and 32 games in consecutive years and that is impressive, regardless of how you perform in the NCAAT.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 seed goes down this year? It's wide open

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is going to be one of the tournaments with chalk up top and tons of upsets in the middle.

Fun in the beginning and end. Mediocre sweet 16 and elite 8 games.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There honestly isn't going to be much separation between a 4 seed and the 10 and 11 seeds this season. Whether or not we get a 13 over a 4 or a 14 over a 3 will depend on who wins the small conference tournaments. Even the projected 1 seeds have shown they can lose to bubble/non tournament teams, at home no less, so it wouldn't surprise me to see an 8/9 seed in the sweet 16.

Also, one of the trends I've noticed the last couple of years, is no matter how good your record is, if you're a mid major team(excluding Gonzaga and the A-10) you can't really get higher than a 12 seed.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is going to be one of the tournaments with chalk up top and tons of upsets in the middle.

Fun in the beginning and end. Mediocre sweet 16 and elite 8 games.
We all think this. Now watch us get chalk throughout!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nova has won recently, and had deep runs

You are correct they have, but the majority of recent years they've had some early exits.

Certainly I wouldn't be stunned if they went all the way

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly it's one of our best shots at a 16 over 1, if it doesn't happen this year I don't think it will ever happen

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the case of Villanova, it is a program built around smaller players with more experience than raw talent. So, Villanova can't really bully teams around physically. In other words, if they're cold one day, anybody can beat em, including an 8 or 9 seed.

That said Duke has size and talent to spare every year and they've gone out early lately as a high seed pretty regularly. So, it might just be a numbers game.

But if Nova is a 1 seed again and fails to advance past the first weekend, I will have to say it's probably a flaw in the program. But winning a national championship can make up for almost a decade of early exits. :dhd:

As for UVA, similar stuff. If they get enough bites at the apple, they'll get to a Final 4 though.

Villanova is a tough program on the brackets, they've exited early more often than not lately though some of it through bad luck, one year they caught Uconn the year they won it all, last year was an underseeded Wisconsin team. Villanova still can compete with anyone and they're also capable of winning it all, you just don't know what will happen.

Duke seems to exit early every other year I feel like. If the trend continues they should go far, but if the trend doesn't end this year it will next year when they run almost everyone off the court with the ridiculous talent they'll have.

Virginia did get close a couple years ago only to collapse late against Syracuse.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There honestly isn't going to be much separation between a 4 seed and the 10 and 11 seeds this season. Whether or not we get a 13 over a 4 or a 14 over a 3 will depend on who wins the small conference tournaments. Even the projected 1 seeds have shown they can lose to bubble/non tournament teams, at home no less, so it wouldn't surprise me to see an 8/9 seed in the sweet 16.

Also, one of the trends I've noticed the last couple of years, is no matter how good your record is, if you're a mid major team(excluding Gonzaga and the A-10) you can't really get higher than a 12 seed.

That last sentence is a disturbing trend, we've basically ended all Cinderella stories nowadays because apparently mid-majors have to be completely perfect while teams from other conferences can mess up all they want and still get in. The two best Cinderella runs we've had were George Mason and VCU, and guess what? Both teams weren't perfect, they lost games they shouldn't but the committee threw them a bone and look what they did

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last sentence is a disturbing trend, we've basically ended all Cinderella stories nowadays because apparently mid-majors have to be completely perfect while teams from other conferences can mess up all they want and still get in. The two best Cinderella runs we've had were George Mason and VCU, and guess what? Both teams weren't perfect, they lost games they shouldn't but the committee threw them a bone and look what they did

Yeah, and conference expansion has all but killed the true mid-major programs. Teams like Butler, Creighton, Wichita State, VCU and other programs of that ilk, have all moved up in conference hierarchy. We had a pretty sustained run of true mid major conferences producing a final four participant(GMU from the CAA, Butler from the Horizon, VCU from the CAA, Wichita State from the MVC). And there were numerous other programs that made an elite 8 in that time frame(Dayton, Davidson, St. Joe's, Kent State, and Tulsa dating back to 2000)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who would your guys top 8 to WIN the tourney be now, not rankings, or seeds

1)nova
2)xavier
3)MSU
4)Duke
5)Kansas
6)Wichita
7)Purduee
8)UNC

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i haven't seen a team that is lock to make it to the second wkend. Year is filled with teams that go hot and cold